Recent new Thai labour laws

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Recent new Thai labour laws

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 16, 2019, 11:08 am

https://duensingkippen.com/thailandbusi ... log/?p=294

New Thai labour laws with regard to EMPLOYEE leave and general.conditions

IMO whilst fairness on bith sides ie emoyee employer these new rules really do swing heaviky in favour of the employee .. and leaves the eployer hovering over a barrel.with emoyees sholding all.the aces to cause an issue and then take the emoyer to court to get a pay out ..

Added on to the many government n religious days ..we niw see .. anual.leave .. si k leave .. maternity leave .. and best one business leave .. Bearing in mind the chance of finding lLONG TRRM Loyal reliable staff is very difficult as most know its easy to.move from.place to place n job to job aftrr they become bored ..thus ta tansient labour gorce is what ur gonna be deali g with ..

Yes therex are exceptions but these new leave laws with most certai ly put emplorers off even hiring people outside the family ..

OMO ..i may be wrong

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Recent new Thai labour laws

Post by jackspratt » August 16, 2019, 11:37 am

I can't see anything unremarkable about the laws.

6 days annual leave, plus 13 public holidays, seems pretty lean to me. And a compulsory 1 day/week off should be the absolute minimum.

We often see references to Thailand being "3rd world" on UM - it is likely to remain there if things like labour conditions do not gradually improve, and are enforced by the courts.

ps bit early in the day to be drinking, Jon. :guiness:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 16, 2019, 12:40 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 16, 2019, 11:37 am
I can't see anything unremarkable about the laws.

6 days annual leave, plus 13 public holidays, seems pretty lean to me. And a compulsory 1 day/week off should be the absolute minimum.

We often see references to Thailand being "3rd world" on UM - it is likely to remain there if things like labour conditions do not gradually improve, and are enforced by the courts.

ps bit early in the day to be drinking, Jon. :guiness:
Anytime anyplace anywhere as my old gran used to say Jack .. please excuse the many typos..not alcohol related im.on mi.Phone n.got fat fingers .. Apologies

IMO .. yes in most parts the new laws are ok just ok ..but with regard to SICK and business leave ...thats just leaving it open wide for a piss take by the unreliable n lazy ... ive heard many classic emplyee .excuses over the years .. lets just face it being responsible and holding down a steafy job isnt high on the list for our hosts . ..

A few reasons ive been given for not coming to work

Buffalo dead
Granny dead ..
Granny dead again
Papa accident motircy .. 6 months after papa dead
Raining
Too hot
Granny dead again again
Big argue boyfriend
I stsy hospital operation .. seen in ud on the lash
Car not work
Motor cy stolen ..next day its back.
Police catch me ?
I have business
Party my village ..
I go.temple
My clothes not washing
I tired too much cannot wake up

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 16, 2019, 12:50 pm

Millions of Thais work and work regularly. Why shouldn't they have mandated vacation, sick leave etc? The laws are already on the books for laying someone off and the legally required payouts to the person. The problem with these laws is that your average Thai that's working isn't going to fight with the boss to ensure the laws are followed, vacation given, sick leave not questioned. Best thing for them is to head out the Saknon Nakhon highway about 4km from the Big C overpass to the Labor Court when cheap-ass recalcitrant employers don't take care of their workers...
Dave

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 16, 2019, 2:57 pm

And when the slackjawed layabout absconds with the week's earnings and next month's payroll, it will cost him/her only about 500 baht and two days to legally change his name and relocate to another province.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » August 16, 2019, 4:41 pm

Do people in other countries where they have labour laws take advantage? - off course they do - why should Thai's be any different.Doubtless they will milk the law for all they can, just human nature init! :shock:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 16, 2019, 5:49 pm

gee Giggle showing your utter ignorance? Name changes are relatively easy but guess what? Same ID Card number with the national ID database showing all previous names....
Dave

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 18, 2019, 3:11 pm

Name change and relocation are cheap and easy. FACT. What are you babbling about, Frazee?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”