Thai Baht Still Too STRONG v. GBP

General Udon Thani topics only!
747man
udonmap.com

Thai Baht Still Too STRONG v. GBP

Post by 747man » July 25, 2019, 12:30 pm

I Reckon The BOT Are still manipulating the Thai Baht,Don't Know why but I Reckon the Locals ( NOT The Hi-So's ) Will start feeling it very soon If they haven't Already :roll: :roll:

I Read last night that The GBP Pound had " Rallied " A Little and was UP Against almost every MAJOR Currency in the World,Up 0.45% on the US$,Up 0.30% on the Euro.....Etc.Etc. But then Looking at it Against The THB....NO Change,Nothing !! Zilch !! Just Sayin' Like...

Any Thoughts ??

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Baht Still Too STRONG v. GBP

Post by AlexO » July 25, 2019, 6:57 pm

"Thai companies splash out in Bt821bn overseas push" One of the headlines in todays The Nation.

Not the Government but Thai Companies (ie Private Money) So keep the Baht strong against the US dollar and UK Pound which are 2 of the more common currencies used for International deals and it costs less baht to do the deal. 30.5 to the dollar as opposed to 35 baht to the dollar, you do the math's (sums) for those that live around the Mersey and Wirrel.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » July 25, 2019, 10:08 pm

AlexO wrote:
July 25, 2019, 6:57 pm
"Thai companies splash out in Bt821bn overseas push" One of the headlines in todays The Nation.

Not the Government but Thai Companies (ie Private Money) So keep the Baht strong against the US dollar and UK Pound which are 2 of the more common currencies used for International deals and it costs less baht to do the deal. 30.5 to the dollar as opposed to 35 baht to the dollar, you do the math's (sums) for those that live around the Mersey and Wirrel.
I think you mean Wirral don't you, 😂
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 26, 2019, 9:02 pm

747man wrote:
July 25, 2019, 12:30 pm
I Reckon The BOT Are still manipulating the Thai Baht,Don't Know why but I Reckon the Locals ( NOT The Hi-So's ) Will start feeling it very soon If they haven't Already :roll: :roll:

I Read last night that The GBP Pound had " Rallied " A Little and was UP Against almost every MAJOR Currency in the World,Up 0.45% on the US$,Up 0.30% on the Euro.....Etc.Etc. But then Looking at it Against The THB....NO Change,Nothing !! Zilch !! Just Sayin' Like...

Any Thoughts ??
Oh Well !! Just Seen The Pound is now DOWN Again against The THB !!! WTF ???

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 27, 2019, 6:20 am

I Reckon the Locals ( NOT The Hi-So's ) Will start feeling it very soon If they haven't Already...
hasn't any one lately visited the ud market,landmark ,central and see how many empty shop boots ? fe at central where half of the telephone boots are empty , landmark even more bad , ud following ?..
i do not visit these places a lot but was surprised with my last visits how many empty shops ... ;)

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 27, 2019, 7:23 am

[quote=747man post
[/quote]

It will be down to 35 baht when there's a "No deal Brexit ",so brace yourself.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 27, 2019, 7:45 am

Zidane wrote:
July 27, 2019, 7:23 am
[quote=747man post
It will be down to 35 baht when there's a "No deal Brexit ",so brace yourself.
[/quote]

A small price to pay for FREEDOM . =D> Which will of course be temporary once Britain escapes the shackles of Brussels .

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 27, 2019, 8:52 am

I think in time the GBP will recover.... maybe a couple of years... but until then it will be a rough ride for those trying to survive on just a Government Pension.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 28, 2019, 9:53 am

I think you mean Wirral don't you, 😂
[/quote]

Apologies for misspelling that famous salmon fishing water that only has the occasional supermarket trolley and submerged stolen car as a hazard.
Most local Thais don't see the impact of the high Baht. Their life is pretty simplistic ie earn enough to eat and pay the monthly bank dues on the car etc but a large proportion of the Expat community must be feeling a bit of a pinch. For the Brits buying power is down around 20% and the other nations who make up the 'rich' farang mob are not far behind. A Thai still has their street food for 20 Baht but for us its now 50 odd pence and a beer from 7 is now around 120 pence. Will not be long before the Condo market and tourist numbers crashing has an affect on the Hi So's and when the factories start to close things could start to become a wee bit fraught for the Thai's as well.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 29, 2019, 12:44 pm

Bank Holiday Today,So No BANK Rates available,But the Very BEST you'll get from an Exchange place is now 38.30 to the GBP & They are all in Bangkok,The Nearest one to me is Super Rich in Nong Khai & They are only giving 38.02 so it's Down Again.......Very POOR !!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 30, 2019, 7:52 am

I always though the Wirral was actually dry land , and the Mersey was where you find the glowing green fresh salmon.
As for the exchange rates , well theres rumour of the pound tanking a lot more , before it gets better .
The Thai government seem to be turning a deaf ear to the cries of the exporters and tourist trade , and seem happy for a strong baht . To all you Brits out there suffering , take comfort in the fact that someone or several are getting very rich at the moment ,.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2019, 10:08 am

Bojo bloviates on no-deal.

£ tanks on ALL currencies.

I think UM should post a link to the local Samaritans hotline.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 30, 2019, 1:46 pm

Hmm, just seen something about a bunch of big bank just got caught messing with currencies, on that station you'al love to hate.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 30, 2019, 2:56 pm

37.40 To The Pound ATM.....& Still Falling...

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » July 30, 2019, 4:15 pm

The £'s weakness is mainly down to the increasing fears of a no deal Brexit, since Boris came to power.
The pound was down 0.5% against the dollar at around 8am in London on Tuesday, and around 0.4% against the euro.

Sterling reached a low of $1.21 in early trading before recovering to $1.22, while it was trading at €1.09 against the eurozone currency. It is its lowest level against the dollar since March 2017.
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/pound ... 07704.html

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 30, 2019, 4:17 pm

Just Back from Town Looked into check rates at a Couple of Banks......BKK Bank 36.72......Kasikorn 36.50 ( The Poorest Rate NATIONWIDE !! )

And Just on BBC.....Pound at LOWEST Rate for 28 Months................

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 31, 2019, 3:07 pm

Seems that the Pound and Euro are heading down, while the Dollar is heading up. Where will they meet?

33, 34 ?

A great time to be shorting the Pound! Word on the street is that's BoZo's route.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 31, 2019, 8:24 pm

RLTrader wrote:
July 31, 2019, 3:07 pm
Seems that the Pound and Euro are heading down, while the Dollar is heading up. Where will they meet?

33, 34 ?

A great time to be shorting the Pound! Word on the street is that's BoZo's route.
According to the following the baht will strengthen against the dollar shortly, and probably still effect the Pound;

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/thai ... 00044.html

corburl
udonmap.com

Post by corburl » July 31, 2019, 9:03 pm

The reason for the strong baht is the strong baht fundamentals . The Thai government is well run and has a big budget surplus. The English government much like American government is a circus , and both have huge budget deficits . Common sense is dictating currency values .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”