Posting from Overseas to Thailand

General Udon Thani topics only!
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Posting from Overseas to Thailand

Post by pipoz4444 » July 22, 2019, 1:44 pm

Recently myself and several others, have been posting Goods (Household and Other item) from Overseas (in this case from the Middle East) back to Thailand, to our home addresses.

The boxes are easy to track as they have an Airway Bill Code number starting with CP................. so you can track it at this end when it leaves and also even track it when it arrived in Thailand, through the Thai Post. Just go to the link below and enter the CP .......code number and you can see where the Box is in the Thai Postal system and even track it in to and out of Thai Customs and back to the final Thai Post Office.

It took 8 days from leaving the ME to arriving at the Post Office in Udon Thani, after having been through the BKK Main Post Office, then to the Thai Customs in Bangkok and then back to the eventual Post Office in Udon Thani. My friends Box took only 5 days to arrive at the post office in Nakhon Sawan. All in all, very efficient. :D :lol:

The weight of the boxes that I am sending weight around 10 Kg with content and it is costing me USD 9.00 per kg from the ME to arrival at the Post Office in Udon Thani. The box size that I am using is 60x 60 x 60cm, although you can send larger if you need to, up to a maximum weight of 20 kg (I think)

Re Thai Customs: My first box contained a Motor bike front Wheel Rim (New) and an Upper Front Fairing for the bike. There was no issue with it clearing the Thai Customs Office and no Customs Duty asked for. The Description of the goods inside the box was clearly written on the outside of the box and on the Airway Bill. :-k :-k \:D/ So I gather if you send these parts in small numbers, they dont seem to have an issue with paying any Duty or Tax on them ? ?

Will see how the second box goes as it have MB parts in it, as well

But so far so good. Thailand is very quick and efficient as a postal service, once it arrives in Thailand. I am quite impressed. =D> =D> \:D/

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackin ... px?lang=en

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Posting from Overseas to Thailand

Post by parrot » July 22, 2019, 2:30 pm

A number of years ago an American who lived in Loei shipped a Honda 1000cc to Thailand in parts. He said he had no problem with customs.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 22, 2019, 2:38 pm

I've had nowt but trouble with the robbing gets!!!! These were free gifts from Etihad.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 22, 2019, 5:09 pm

"But so far so good. Thailand is very quick and efficient as a postal service, once it arrives in Thailand. I am quite impressed."
Parcels might be Ok but general letters etc can take between 6 and 8 weeks to arrive if they are sent 'Airmail" from the UK. I am a bit out in the sticks but airmail will normally be 2 to 3 days to arrive in Bangkok so a fair bit of time to get from Bangkok to Udon and then out to the nearest post office, Nong Han for us.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 22, 2019, 6:59 pm

Had Quite a Few Parcels from The U.K In the last couple of Years,Most If Not ALL arrived at our house within 10 Days or So....All O.K.

But Letters, Well that's ANOTHER Story Never seem to Arrive.....Someone must be nicking them,Looking for any Cash that is NEVER Sent Anyway....

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 22, 2019, 7:17 pm

parrot wrote:
July 22, 2019, 2:30 pm
A number of years ago an American who lived in Loei shipped a Honda 1000cc to Thailand in parts. He said he had no problem with customs.
He may well have had no problems with Thai customs but I very much doubt that he has a legal green book for it.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 22, 2019, 7:20 pm

There is an iOS app available that makes it even easier

Thailand Post Track & Trace by Chatchai Horrungruang
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/thailand- ... d637371355

Though not as pretty there's also 17 Track that covers many more services
17TRACK by Demon Network Tech Co., Ltd.
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/17track/id1004956012
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » July 22, 2019, 8:01 pm

AlexO wrote:
July 22, 2019, 5:09 pm
"But so far so good. Thailand is very quick and efficient as a postal service, once it arrives in Thailand. I am quite impressed."
Parcels might be Ok but general letters etc can take between 6 and 8 weeks to arrive if they are sent 'Airmail" from the UK. I am a bit out in the sticks but airmail will normally be 2 to 3 days to arrive in Bangkok so a fair bit of time to get from Bangkok to Udon and then out to the nearest post office, Nong Han for us.
Any letters i need sending over from uk get sent "signed for" cost is GBP 6.50p usually takes 6 days,got one through last week took 7 days,ive had several credit cards sent this way,never a problem

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » July 22, 2019, 8:23 pm

Normally I have a signed for small package sent every two month. This is delivered within about 7 or 8 days... No Problems there yet!!
My problems have been with the customs on gifts from Etihad. I had to end up telling them to shove them as the amount
of duty was ridiculous. Next time my air miles will be used toward a ticket.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » July 22, 2019, 10:06 pm

For the past 5 years I have successfully received letters and small packages from UK, taking 7 to 10 days. The address given is my Thai solicitor ,and to date , I have not had a problem.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 23, 2019, 3:24 am

[/quote]Any letters i need sending over from uk get sent "signed for" cost is GBP 6.50p usually takes 6 days,got one through last week took 7 days,ive had several credit cards sent this way,never a problem
[/quote]

Never heard of that one mate. How do you do that? Is that a UK thing or can you arrange in Thailand?

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 23, 2019, 5:01 am

Biggest delay I had sending a 4 lb package from U.S.to Udon priority mail was in Chicago. From arrival there, throught the postal international clearing house took 5 days before it left by air via Taipei to Bangkok. 1 day to clear Thai customs then 3 more days until delivered Udon.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”