Is your Water Supply Secure (Quantity/Quality)

General Udon Thani topics only!
glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Is your Water Supply Secure (Quantity/Quality)

Post by glalt » July 24, 2019, 1:19 pm

Our monthly bill says 3 baht per cubic meter and the bill is seldom more than 50 baht. The village water is not very dependable but with adequate storage, that is not a problem. The wife talked about drilling a well near the house but for 3 baht per thousand liters, it would never pay for itself. She thought the well water may be softer. I doubt that because the village water comes from two drilled wells so maybe the same aquifer.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 25, 2019, 6:55 am

for me it is having water when I want it, as our village supply goes off every other day, and someone is always breaking the ruddy pipe..mine may never pay for itself but at $750 it was cheap as chips to me..the missus is all set to have a water selling business..bless her.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 26, 2019, 3:31 pm

Things must be dry. First time I have seen the water being pumped to our local Ban Wang village dam. Being pumped from the large royal immigration catchment lakes behind my house out back of Nong Samrong via a 3 km 100mm pipe laid along the road and culverts.
There are now 2 pump stations pumping water locally. Only ever seen them release water via the large gates to the north.
I’ve got 8,000 ltrs of town water storage and 10,000 ltrs in a rainwater underground tank. So should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”