Money transfer

General Udon Thani topics only!
sparrow

Money transfer

Post by sparrow » June 23, 2019, 1:44 am

I will be visiting Siam commercial bank next week i want to send to the Uk 300000 from
my accountant will i need to explain why i want to send it back to my Uk account .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Money transfer

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 23, 2019, 9:52 am

sparrow wrote:
June 23, 2019, 1:44 am
I will be visiting Siam commercial bank next week i want to send to the Uk 300000 from
my accountant will i need to explain why i want to send it back to my Uk account .
Quite possibly and you may need proof of earnings in Thailand or proof that you previously transferred money into Thailand.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sparrow

Post by sparrow » June 23, 2019, 3:27 pm

I had twenty thousand pounds sent ove ten years ago but at the time was not aware i had to get a receipt .
I used the money for my retirement extension and alwys kept 800000 of the money in my account never has
it fallen below .I have the original debit card i was given at the time , Siam Bank phoned me from Bangkok
at the time to ask me what the money was for .I hope they will have a record of the deposit , also if they look
at my account the largest deposit every year is 1000 bahts to update my account for the letter .
To be honest i cant see any reason why a bank should stop me sending money back as 300000 is not a massive amount .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 25, 2019, 7:15 am

sparrow wrote:
June 23, 2019, 3:27 pm

To be honest i cant see any reason why a bank should stop me sending money back as 300000 is not a massive amount .
Money control is not a new or strange concept, levels are set by the central bank/government, neither are organisations known for giving reasons.

I can remember the time when the U.K. had a limit of £50 an equivalent today of ฿27,000.

The Thai cash limit is THB 50,000. I don't expect the bank transfer limit to be different. There has always been an exception for money transferred in or money earned, and taxed, in Thailand.

Regrettably ignorance of the law is never an acceptable excuse. You may be lucky, they may keep records that far back.

https://www.bot.or.th/English/Financial ... fault.aspx

sparrow

Post by sparrow » June 25, 2019, 1:12 pm

Never had a problem filled out the form , told them why i wanted to send money back .they looked at my bank book and neve said any thing . If they had said no i would have gone to Bangkok changed bahts into pounds and informed Uk /Gov
inland revenue and taken it out of the country that way . 50,000 bahts is the limit but other currencies you can take out more , I am not ignorant of the law i was not LUCKY as i said just change Bahts into pounds US dollar Euros .
I never explained i had money sent over years ago not much point as they never even asked me , i will be back to send another lot to the Uk next month .All good and a very nice profit .You seem to think wrongly if they could not trace the original amount i would have a problem .Well sorry to dissapoint you .Thank god you are not in charge of my bank .
have a good day .

sparrow

Post by sparrow » June 26, 2019, 12:18 am

I realise now not much point posting here as every post is vetted by the old boy net work , even if a post is rejected you do not give a reason .The same people on Udon map every week new comers viewed with suspicion .
Sorry if i upset you , just let sometimeswoodworker know they can trace deposits even on an account closed for ten years .

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 26, 2019, 6:57 am

I have a Bangkok Bank account and account with Tranferwise.
I transfer 100,000Bht every month to my Bangkok Bank account.
No questions asked.

Can't see any reason why I could not use transferwise to take it out again.
No need to go to the bank.
All transfers via internet.

A question;
Why do you want to take it all in one go?
Why not do a few smaller transfers?
Mick

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 26, 2019, 11:52 am

sparrow wrote:
June 25, 2019, 1:12 pm
You seem to think wrongly if they could not trace the original amount i would have a problem .Well sorry to dissapoint you .Thank god you are not in charge of my bank .
have a good day .
You seem to mistake the words "you may need to" somehow mean "I think you will"

may, indicates possibility not opinion

Thanks my day is going to be good.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 26, 2019, 12:16 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
June 26, 2019, 11:52 am
sparrow wrote:
June 25, 2019, 1:12 pm
You seem to think wrongly if they could not trace the original amount i would have a problem .Well sorry to dissapoint you .Thank god you are not in charge of my bank .
have a good day .
You seem to mistake the words "you may need to" somehow mean "I think you will"

may, indicates possibility not opinion

Thanks my day is going to be good.
Weird, isn't it!

Come onto a public forum looking for advice, and then beat up the only person who offers some (cautionary) information. :confused:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 26, 2019, 12:26 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 26, 2019, 12:16 pm
Weird, isn't it!

Come onto a public forum looking for advice, and then beat up the only person who offers some (cautionary) information. :confused:
But then a lot of people don't bother to read what has been written they just make ASSumptions.

Maybe they just don't understand that the choice of words is carful, or are just poorly educated so don't know the meanings of words.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 26, 2019, 12:31 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 26, 2019, 6:57 am
I have a Bangkok Bank account and account with Tranferwise.
I transfer 100,000Bht every month to my Bangkok Bank account.
No questions asked.

Can't see any reason why I could not use transferwise to take it out again.
No need to go to the bank.
All transfers via internet.

A question;
Why do you want to take it all in one go?
Why not do a few smaller transfers?
Mick
TransferWise only works into Thailand. You can't use it for outgoing transfers.

Amounts coming into Thailand, unless very large or extremely frequent, are never questioned

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 13, 2019, 9:34 am

I might have a buyer for a condo ( fingers crossed) ,I’m looking to send 60k pounds back to the U.K.I have all evidence regarding the transfer from U.K. into the account of the condo company.I bank with kasikorn do I go into any normal branch to discuss or is there an international dept of kasikorn bank around Udon Thani.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » November 13, 2019, 9:45 am

June 26, 2019, 12:31 pm
[.

Amounts coming into Thailand, unless very large or extremely frequent, are never questioned
Rubbish, only last week I sent the equivalent to 500 sterling to my daughter in Uk for Xmas shopping, however they do have a maximum of 2 million baht per transaction incoming, but no limit on how many transactions you can make.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

thoongfoned

Post by thoongfoned » November 13, 2019, 9:47 am

in the past sending back to the uk with kasikorn i have always gone back to the branch where i opened the account, never sent more than 1m baht back at a time, always said the money was "family expense" on the form.
have asked in diffrent branches in udon before, always said no can do....

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 13, 2019, 11:57 am

thoongfoned wrote:
November 13, 2019, 9:47 am
in the past sending back to the uk with kasikorn i have always gone back to the branch where i opened the account, never sent more than 1m baht back at a time, always said the money was "family expense" on the form.
have asked in diffrent branches in udon before, always said no can do....
Cheers for that, I have inquired in udon before and had a similar response where they don't seem to know what to do. My bank account was opened in Phuket, I will have to fly down to seal the deal off so I'll get it sorted there.
Cheers Chuchi

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 13, 2019, 12:37 pm

I once had to take my money out of the country. I went to my bank, SCB, and had a cashiers check made out to my US bank. The check was for US Dollars. It was quite a large sum and I was pleasantly surprised that no questions were asked. Maybe things have changed, I don't know.

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Post by Somchai499 » November 13, 2019, 2:02 pm

Kasikornbank has an app called K+. It allows you to transfer THB via the SWIFT system with a few clicks once you are registered. No need to go to a branch. Up to US$ 49,000 per day.
I made a pilot transfer with a much smaller amount, it arrived in my AUS bank account the next day

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 13, 2019, 2:33 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
November 13, 2019, 9:45 am
June 26, 2019, 12:31 pm
[.

Rubbish, only last week I sent the equivalent to 500 sterling to my daughter in Uk for Xmas shopping, however they do have a maximum of 2 million baht per transaction incoming, but no limit on how many transactions you can make.
Would you like to share how you paid Baht into TransferWise?
As of June they did not accept Baht so when the post was written it was far from Rubbish & I can see no current option in the app for in payment from Thailand.

In fact from the website today TW doesn’t believe it can accept Baht
TransferWise can only deliver THB to bank accounts based in Thailand.

We send THB out via domestic transfers within Thailand.

Currently TransferWise can't send money from Thailand.
I also did not say that you couldn’t make as many transactions as you like. I said that you could have to answer questions, and again that is not Rubbish.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 13, 2019, 2:41 pm

Somchai499 wrote:
November 13, 2019, 2:02 pm
Kasikornbank has an app called K+. It allows you to transfer THB via the SWIFT system with a few clicks once you are registered. No need to go to a branch. Up to US$ 49,000 per day.
I made a pilot transfer with a much smaller amount, it arrived in my AUS bank account the next day
Thanks Somchai I’ll take a look at that as well

Cheers Chuchi

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » November 16, 2019, 6:39 am

Chuchi wrote:
November 13, 2019, 2:41 pm
Somchai499 wrote:
November 13, 2019, 2:02 pm
Thanks Somchai I’ll take a look at that as well

Cheers Chuchi
Just an update,I registered with K+ which took me no than 5 mins on my mobile.I sent a trial 100 GBP back to the U.K. which arrived the next day.Next month if all goes well I will send back the equivalent of circa 49K USD in th equivalent GBP I’ll let the forum know how I got on.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”