90 day reporting under new rules

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

90 day reporting under new rules

Post by vincemunday » June 1, 2019, 12:16 pm

I’m probably among the first to do 90 day reporting under the new rules. FYI nothing has changed at all, I went armed with a letter from my bank showing I still had the money (the rumour was it was a requirement) and I never had to show it. Went in, 5 minutes later walked out, great service once again.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: 90 day reporting under new rules

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 1, 2019, 12:41 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 1, 2019, 12:16 pm
I’m probably among the first to do 90 day reporting under the new rules. FYI nothing has changed at all, I went armed with a letter from my bank showing I still had the money (the rumour was it was a requirement) and I never had to show it. Went in, 5 minutes later walked out, great service once again.
You will be told if you have to take in the bank letter.

I'm virtually certain that it's a local office requirement as they only wanted a single copy. Not the 2 that would be needed if one was going to KK HQ
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » June 1, 2019, 12:43 pm

@vincemunday
since there is so much confusion about the new rules it would be helpful to be as precise as possible when posting experiences with Udon Thani Immigration.
for me it is not clear wheter:
- you are on retirement or married
- if retirement 800k cash on bank or mixed with income
- your 90 day reporting referred to a new extension (under new 800k rules) or a old one
anyway, what you have experinced is good for you.
enjoy it.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 1, 2019, 1:01 pm

I did mine Tuesday this week same as Vince only one before me no questions asked out in under 3 minutes.

tomboy
udonmap.com

Post by tomboy » June 2, 2019, 12:28 pm

Did my 90 day report last Friday and asked them about the retirement visa renewal and the confirmation regarding this is as follows.
You must deposit 800 thousand baht in a Thai bank.
This has to be deposited three months before renewal and kept in the bank for three months after.
Should you wish to draw money from this account you are ONLY ALLOWED TO DRAW 400 THOUSAND BAHT.
A letter from the bank confirming your bank balance Must be provided on the day of renewal.
It will be interesting to know how this will affect the UNDER THE COUNTER VISA renewal.
I was told that confirmation of medical insurance is expected in July.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2019, 1:14 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 1, 2019, 12:16 pm
Renewed my Retirement extension 21st of last month and was give my 90 day reporting date at same time. Asked the IO what I had to bring with me and was told "only passport" I said not bank book or letter from bank and IO repeated "only passport, we don't do other checks" so looks as if the money kept in for 3 months after rule has been binned.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 3, 2019, 6:39 am

AlexO wrote:
June 2, 2019, 1:14 pm

so looks as if the money kept in for 3 months after rule has been binned.
Just maybe they figured out with on-line reporting it was unworkable? :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 3, 2019, 10:32 am

RLTrader wrote:
June 3, 2019, 6:39 am
AlexO wrote:

If they wanted to enforce it , they would ..... Could it of been rumour and speculation ?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 3, 2019, 11:16 am

saint wrote:
June 3, 2019, 10:32 am
RLTrader wrote:
June 3, 2019, 6:39 am
AlexO wrote:

If they wanted to enforce it , they would ..... Could it of been rumour and speculation ?
It could also be, different applicant, different rule.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 4, 2019, 7:52 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

And just how would that work? 'Ah my Scottish friend, you and all your fellow Countrymen and all Germans as well dont have to show money in the bank for 3 months after but the English, Scanndies etc do.' Somehow I just dont think so.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 4, 2019, 11:57 am

AlexO wrote:
June 4, 2019, 7:52 am
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

And just how would that work? 'Ah my Scottish friend, you and all your fellow Countrymen and all Germans as well dont have to show money in the bank for 3 months after but the English, Scanndies etc do.' Somehow I just dont think so.
[/quote]
There have been reports of people required to show an updated bank book, people not required to show anything and people required to show bank book and bank letter. So that is how it works

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2019, 1:59 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 4, 2019, 7:52 am
There is no standard criteria as to who gets the "path of least resistance" on their given day at any immigration office in any province in Thailand. It's not based on gender, nationality, sartorial taste, married, single, ability to understand and speak the Thai language or your height or haircut. Nor is it based on anything close to precedent or even the laws and rules they like to couch their proclamations in. Similarly, the time of the month, day of the week or hour of the day plays absolutely no part in their arbitrary and frequently contradictory actions. What worked for the OP worked for the OP. End of.

It's a LOTTERY.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 4, 2019, 5:28 pm

There have been reports of people required to show an updated bank book, people not required to show anything and people required to show bank book and bank letter. So that is how it works.

All I am going by is what I was told by an IO and reading Vince and Macca46 posts. I personally have never read a post stating that someone has 'had' to bring their bankbook or a bank letter but as I lead a very sheltered life maybe I have missed these posts. I honestly hope they have binned the requirement but only time will tell.

SeekingSakYant
udonmap.com

Post by SeekingSakYant » June 5, 2019, 7:45 pm

My 90 day was Fun Fun, had to pay a 800 Baht fine because landlord never bothered to register the Farang who moved in last year lol
"To care for him who shall have borne the Battle, and for his Widow, and his Orphan." -A.Lincoln

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” -Mark Twain

Cambodia is the South East Asian equivalent of Alabama and Louisiana and their cousin humpin Mississippi states of Merica

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”