Deep water drilling - Udon- Bandung-Lau Luang

General Udon Thani topics only!
fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Deep water drilling - Udon- Bandung-Lau Luang

Post by fatbob » May 10, 2019, 7:43 pm

Oil drillers use different equipment than the water driller at Phen, he struggled getting one length down, ten years later the well is working perfectly.

bbthefe

Post by bbthefe » May 29, 2019, 9:41 am

bbthefe wrote:
bluejets wrote:
May 10, 2019, 9:10 am
Had some mob come and put a bore down in Chumphae area, not sure exactly who or what cost but could find out from the missus.

What I do know is the first section was around 10 metres and the bloke said " no, mia dee", and one could see a smell it.
Dropped to 60 metres, clean as a whistle.
Also provided a test result from a sealed sample a week or so later.
Contact details would be great please !

We have had the local temple in Lau Luang Village done with big tanks and good water which was around 100,000bht !!! I can assure you we don’t want what they have !!! Image
We ended up using a local mob through my wife’s parents. They reckon they went down nearly 100m !! Anyway we have crystal clear water and the tanks are full Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 30, 2019, 9:11 am

spoke to my builder recently, and couple of weeks later, he and couple of weather beaten fella's in a battered old ute with a rusty old rig on the back turned up...to late me says, your not driving over my new rice crop, but it was said that Papa used to have water years ago in our jungle /garden area, can we look there..shuffled off there, back of the house, old fella hardly took a step into the place , scuffed the ground and said ' [i]Here [/i]' then afew more steps, and said " [i]Here see '[/i] '[i] 'see what. its just dirt ' dont you guys have those metal rod thingys. Thought you were going to do that '.[/i].mintue's later a pair of rods were dug out of the old truck, and sure enough the rods crossed right where he said...I liked the other spot, and wasnt quite convinced that finding water was so easy as looking at the ground..so I had a go, great water divider that I am, and sure enough , right on the spot where he said..right then..cleared a path in, revved the guts out of the truck and bingo..
three slow half days later, and after my fingernails had been chewed away, and we were down to the last drill pipe, out of a stack of pipes..You sure man ? kap 100% water there..ten minutes later, WATERRRRRRRR...60m down using a 6" blue pipe 16,000bt..I think the builder took a cut for organising it..

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 30, 2019, 11:42 am

Maaka, the old divining rod trick. When I was a youngen and doing my apprenticeship way back when, my old boss would use the 2 bent wire strands and find underground services before he ordered us to start digging electrical trenches. Our trenches were nearly always a yard deep or more. He was 8O% on target when we dug the exploratory holes to expose pipes and cables. Funny that the pipes dry or with no water flow were never located. I could never get the hang of it when I tried. I am a believer though.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2019, 4:14 pm

Dowsing has never been proven to work under controlled, scientific conditions.

There was even a $1 million prize offered for anyone who could demonstrate a "supernatural or paranormal ability" (which includes water dowsing) under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria.

The prize was open between 1964 to 2015, and while over 1000 tried, none was ever successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Milli ... _Challenge

https://www.skeptics.com.au/resources/a ... ning-test/

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 30, 2019, 4:45 pm

You know how to kill a good story Mr Spratt.

Are you actually calling BS on Maaka's scientific trials??? :D
jackspratt wrote:
May 30, 2019, 4:14 pm
Dowsing has never been proven to work under controlled, scientific conditions.

There was even a $1 million prize offered for anyone who could demonstrate a "supernatural or paranormal ability" (which includes water dowsing) under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria.

The prize was open between 1964 to 2015, and while over 1000 tried, none was ever successful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Milli ... _Challenge

https://www.skeptics.com.au/resources/a ... ning-test/

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 30, 2019, 5:00 pm

My wife says there are those who believe drilling near a termite pile increases the chances of finding water. When you live in the jungle, it's usually easy to find a termite pile.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2019, 5:13 pm

Any termite mounds out your way, maaka? :-k

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 31, 2019, 8:06 am

Yes Jacko, but not where we were. ( I have seen it done in NZ where there are no termites..)
All I know is that in both locations the rods crossed over right where he indicated, and the rods were not attracted to any termites, metal objects or such..and the one hole we dug came up trumps.
Indeed, why would a water drilling man have rods in his truck if they didnt work..
The rods did not cross over when walking slowly between both spots
I dont really care how he done it. The man found me water.

Dont worry I will test this theory again in afew months time, when I get him back to do another bore hole on other land we have further down the down, and where there are no termite mounds..

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 1, 2019, 7:22 am

When I had ours done one of the guys pulled out 2 bits of wire and started walking around. I basically told him to stop effing around and start drilling where I wanted it. He laughed! I'm sure it was an act to impress superstitious Thais and naive Farang.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 1, 2019, 8:19 am

thats why I took control of the rods, to make sure there was no jiggery pokery going on, and sure enough they swing at their own accord, He even came in from two different sides to show that the rods crossed at the same spot..so something to it methinks..what, I have no idea. why does metal rods swing like a compass when water is 60m underground..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 1, 2019, 9:09 am

Read the 2nd link I placed earlier, maaka - it explains the "twitching rods".

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 1, 2019, 11:50 am

I had a very small dwelling built near a pond and I knew where I wanted the well drilled. The driller came and started his witch craft. When he checked where I wanted it, he said no water. The best place according to him was about a hundred meters from where I wanted it. He told me that he would drill wherever I wanted but no guarantee of water. He had guaranteed good drinkable water with few minerals and no salt or sulfur. I had him go ahead and drill where he wanted. He hit strong water at about 26 meters but said it was too hard. He went down to about 50 meters and was satisfied with the water quality. In went the six inch casing. I really don't know what to think about that dowsing thing but I have a good strong well. The one HP submersible cannot pump it down. I should add that the driller is local and has drilled many wells in the area. That was the main reason I chose the most expensive quote. (35,000 baht). Most cowboys are not able to put in six inch casing wells and that's what I wanted. I once had a submersible stuck in a four inch casing. We finally got it out and was lucky that a deep well surface pump worked. I didn't want that because of freezing. I ended up making an insulated pit and heated it with heat tapes and a hundred watt light bulb. It never froze.

I was advised to put in a drainage tile to prevent the pit from filling with water but money was tight and I didn't do it. I was lucky that the pit stayed dry.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 1, 2019, 4:58 pm

Rodger that Jacko..had a squezz at your link..disagree with heir finding / result conclusion..
if you know me, I am the most suspicious bastard there is..never believe what my eyes tell, all that sort of rot.
I didnt want to believe my driller dude and his rods, thats why I had as go. I was set to hold them tightly in my mitts with my thumbs over the top, to feel any sideways pressure, but no, he said just hold them loosely in your hands,so they can freely swing and move, thus I did, and they swung of their own accord, not by stress, or the clenching of ones mitts because they know they are coming upon the spot, like your link suggests..maybe your link test didnt work because there wasnt enough water volume in the pipes to trigger the rods, who knows..maybe they just werent good water divider.
all I know is that at the beginning I was a total non believer, and now I am open to thinking it may work..

nice to see you back anyway.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 26, 2019, 5:53 am

well there I was kicking back and lounging in my lazyboy watching ' Outback Truckers ' on the telly, and there is this trucker, his wife and kid, and his side kick mate. Two trucks pulling three or four trailers each. One a big drilling rig. They drill for water all over outback Australia for these huge cattle farms..anywayyyyyy..at one farm /station the owner couldnt locate the old bore, so the trucker gets out his twitching rods..the farmer and his wife laugh abit, but off he sets and sure enough within no time the rods cross over..the farmer wife asked, 'how far down do you know it is '? well if its 20m - 30m the ends of the rods will bounce up and down, as they did in the tv program, and sure enough, slam in the drilling rig in, and 25m down was enough water for Africa...so now I am convince..if an Aussie who roams the outback drilling for water uses these rods and find water, then.............

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 26, 2019, 10:00 am

maaka wrote:well there I was kicking back and lounging in my lazyboy watching ' Outback Truckers ' on the telly, and there is this trucker, his wife and kid, and his side kick mate. Two trucks pulling three or four trailers each. One a big drilling rig. They drill for water all over outback Australia for these huge cattle farms..anywayyyyyy..at one farm /station the owner couldnt locate the old bore, so the trucker gets out his twitching rods..the farmer and his wife laugh abit, but off he sets and sure enough within no time the rods cross over..the farmer wife asked, 'how far down do you know it is '? well if its 20m - 30m the ends of the rods will bounce up and down, as they did in the tv program, and sure enough, slam in the drilling rig in, and 25m down was enough water for Africa...so now I am convince..if an Aussie who roams the outback drilling for water uses these rods and find water, then.............
Good work maaka
Evidence that no lawyer could fight.
Sceptics will now be silent. Image
Good show by the way. Had a bit of contact with the road train boys delivering gear to my sites from karratha to the argyle diamond mine.
Good blokes.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”