Having trouble with Lazada refund

General Udon Thani topics only!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Having trouble with Lazada refund

Post by semperfiguy » March 30, 2019, 10:23 am

A few weeks ago I ordered a computer keyboard with a backlight from Lazada.com. On the webpage for the product was a YouTube video detailing the attributes of the keyboard, but when I received it the English lettering and other symbols were not recognizable and hard to find. They certainly didn't look like the keys demonstrated in the video, so it was clearly a ripoff counterfeit. I requested to return the item and receive a refund. When I didn't hear back I tried to contact Lazada and I discovered that there is no longer any phone number to call for customer service, their service email address has been discontinued and the chat function does not work on their website. There is absolutely no way to contact Lazada now for customer service assistance. I finally received a reply from them on their website and they indicated that the Seller had refused my refund. It seems that Lazada is no longer making there own decisions on return requests is are leaving it up to the Sellers who certainly aren't motivated to accept refund requests. I disputed the decision and Lazada indicated they would get involved in the process, but the dispute claim came back as rejected a second time. In the meantime they had asked me to return the product to the Seller, so now the Seller has the product and I have no refund.

Therefore, I am posting this topic simply to alert others that you may have a problem with return requests to Lazada since there is no way to correspond directly with them now. Buyers beware!

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Having trouble with Lazada refund

Post by kopkei » March 30, 2019, 12:02 pm

well being a more than frequent lazada customer (almost near 500 orders ) ,i never have had problems with returning broken ,wrong , or any items that were not conform the sales description ...
also every item sold has their own sales conditions what many people mostly forget to look at ...
when ever a lazada ordered item is delivered , i always open it first very subtle in case somethings wrong and have to send back and i will be able to pack it back as it originally arrived , so to send back ask for the return form on their website ,download and print this form out ,and attach this to the item to send back , with the delivery service you have chosen when filling in the return form , (kerry, thai post....),bring the item to the delivery service and they will scan the barcode on the return form to send back free of cost..., in my cases before it not took them longer than a few hours after receiving the returned item to make the refund , you most activate your lazada wallet to be able to receive the refunds ...
you can easily chat with the lazada customer service online ,they are very helpful and their english is more than ok ,
sometimes however you will have to try more than ones to contact , when the lines are full , as you are probably not the only customer wanting to chat...i never had any problems with the chat-return items...
i think sometimes many complaints are not founded due to the customer not following the rules ,making up rules of their own?......so till now i am a very satisfied lazada (shopee) customer ...,
semper if you did send back the item , try the chat line again ,i am sure they will help you solve this problem...
as info... ;)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 30, 2019, 1:01 pm

I have the same experience as kopkei, I've used Lazada hundreds of times now, i tend to go to them before trawling the local stores to get most things these days and I've never had an issue returning things, the chat line has worked well for me when I've needed it.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 30, 2019, 2:06 pm

Yes, I have used Lazada dozens of times and have never had a problem with a return, but this time things were all different. I am familiar with how to request a return/refund online as I have had to do it several times, but now it's not the same. Perhaps those who have responded thus far on this topic have not had to return anything lately. Now you have to deal directly with the Seller to get their permission to do a return. Once you make a request Lazada will give you an answer from the Seller in 5 days or less. Then you have to go through the long process of being rejected and having to dispute the Seller's decision. It's not so easy now! I have gone to the chat line on several occasions over the past few days and it is never functioning, and with the email service discontinued and no phone call for customer service, I think I will be very careful from now on not to order any products that might have to be returned.

Check out this lengthy process below:
Attachments
Lazada return.PNG
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » March 30, 2019, 4:09 pm

maybe the problems are coming from not reading well the sales conditions , some things are guarantied to return within 7 days and some not ...enc... , i did take a look at my returned items and on 500 orders until now i have returned 10 ...
all successful with in beginning a voucher and now returned in my lazada wallet...as info.. ;)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 30, 2019, 4:11 pm

I, for another, agree with @kopkie:
Both refunds (direct Chinese supply) I have received were prompt with the only loss to me = the forex charge by my own credit card service.

Both items were damaged and supplied with VERY ordinary packaging by the Chinese vendors - ONE being the dreaded Huawie Company (those wearing the tin hats have a problem with em - but I don't).
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 30, 2019, 4:36 pm

kopkei wrote:
March 30, 2019, 4:09 pm
maybe the problems are coming from not reading well the sales conditions , some things are guarantied to return within 7 days and some not ...enc... , i did take a look at my returned items and on 500 orders until now i have returned 10 ...
all successful with in beginning a voucher and now returned in my lazada wallet...as info.. ;)

Here it is directly from the website for any product if you click on the little icon beside the "7 Days Return to Seller" Guarantee. You'll be negotiating directly with the Seller and not with Lazada:

In my case the Seller rejected the refund request, then asked for a return of the item and then rejected the refund a second time. Now I have no product and no refund....and no way to contact Lazada further to dispute the claim. Their chat function is still not working today. No further comments by me on this thread. The admin can close the topic if they like. I have proved my point....just beware!
Attachments
Lazada return.PNG

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 30, 2019, 6:56 pm

Did one a few days ago, problem free.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190330-185539_Lazada.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » March 30, 2019, 7:21 pm

COD anything you buy, open it before you squiggle the delivery persons phone. Sorted. Been working for me for 256 items ranging price from 250-6,000bht.
If the item you want to buy from a seller doesn't have COD keep looking the same thing from another seller will, yeah maybe it's 20 bht more expensive.......ho hum

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 6, 2019, 9:43 am

I finally settled my claim with Lazada and got a partial credit to my Lazada Wallet account. The reason I was never able to use their chat function successfully is because that function is not supported by the Internet Explorer browser, so when I switched to Google Chrome it worked. After chatting with a customer service rep for over 30 minutes and her asking me a barrage of unnecessary questions about the return which I had already submitted online, her solution was to have me contact the Seller again for the 4th time and work out the problem with them directly to which I refused to entertain. She closed by saying she would discuss the issue again with her team and email me with the results. After sending me two customer satisfaction surveys to which I responded by saying I would be inclined to never use Lazada again, I finally got an email from them with notice of the successful partial refund. I complained about the discontinuance of the customer service email and phone number programs, the bad idea to have customers negotiate directly with Sellers with no assistance from Lazada and the fact that IE doesn't support their chat function, so hopefully they will take that information to heart. In the meantime I will take all of your comments into consideration and probably pay COD from now on and inspect each product before signing to receive them. Thanks for all of your responses!
Last edited by semperfiguy on April 6, 2019, 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » April 6, 2019, 12:37 pm

this COD may be ok for clothes furniture etc but if it is an electrical item or a phone or something flat pack the driver is certainly not going to wait for you to check and put together bloody hell if there at the door more than 30 seconds there either on the phone or shouting and going crazy

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » April 24, 2019, 10:33 am

After reading the above posts I decided to limit my order to test the waters. My order arrived in 2 days using Kerry and what I received is what I ordered.. I payed for my order COD again a test considering some members were sent the wrong items. In the past I have used a credit card but I will only order COD or counter service (7-11). The Vendor send me a card that said, they will be happy to exchange or refund my order if not satisfied. Overall I am still happy with the service provided by Lazada.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 24, 2019, 11:28 am

On Monday My Wifes Shoes arrived via Kerry COD,They were too small so I just put them back in the box & Took back to Kerry's Shop where they printed out a label to go back to Lazada, I Requested a refund on T'internet into my Lazada Wallet which arrived Yesterday ( Tuesday Afternoon ) I Transferred that to be paid back into my Bank & They have Initiated that & said " Successful " & Will be in my account in the next 5 Days...........So Again NO Problem.... :-k :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”