Fuzzyken's are moving

General Udon Thani topics only!
deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Fuzzyken's are moving

Post by deankham » November 8, 2020, 5:53 pm

It's easy to find once you know where it is!

I used to drive past twice a day as on my normal daily routine and for the life of me could not see it from the end of the Soi. Plus it's a dead end soi so you would never drive down it unless you knew it was at the end.

Not wishing to beat a dead horse, if it was my place I'd have a map, picture of the building and a sign at the end of the soi. But then again maybe it's off the beaten track for a reason.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 8, 2020, 6:10 pm

deankham wrote:
November 8, 2020, 5:53 pm
It's easy to find once you know where it is!
Love that statement Dean .. satire at its best =D>

Long time no see hope you n the family are all.well .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » November 8, 2020, 8:09 pm

Here's another " top tip" . it's the only shophouse
with the sliding glass doors wide open and books
lining walls. why don't you cut them little slack =;

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 8, 2020, 9:20 pm

^^ I stand corrected, checking google maps I can see it is not a dead end. I apologise for any confusion.

^ I don't think anyone is trying to have a go at the owner, but it's clear it is not that easy to find unless you drive past the front door.

I wish Fuzzy Ken's place all the best of luck and prosperity.

PS - all good DM. cheers

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 9, 2020, 7:14 am

In conclusion UDON is NOT Bangkok nor London ( UK ), it is not that large, walking certain areas is easy ( maybe a little hot at times ) but you would be surprised what you find.
When Fuzzy moved to the new AREA, I walked it as often driving a truck can be difficult, ( in case you turn down a dead end ) and there lo and behold was the new location not in a dead end and reasonably easy to find.
Amazing how the lack of using those two appendages located below your waist can lead to inconsolable problems due to the top of said body also NOT working.

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » November 9, 2020, 7:59 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 9, 2020, 7:14 am
In conclusion UDON is NOT Bangkok nor London ( UK ), it is not that large, walking certain areas is easy ( maybe a little hot at times ) but you would be surprised what you find.
When Fuzzy moved to the new AREA, I walked it as often driving a truck can be difficult, ( in case you turn down a dead end ) and there lo and behold was the new location not in a dead end and reasonably easy to find.
Amazing how the lack of using those two appendages located below your waist can lead to inconsolable problems due to the top of said body also NOT working.
Hi everyone and thanks to all who have contributed with thoughts and directions. I trust that there should be no further problems finding us, well at least Lek, while I remain in Phnom Penh.

I am interested in Khun Pauls thoughts on the two appendages below the waste being somewhat unemployed. I would like to have your thoughts on this and whether anyone actually has two, or more, redundant appendages below the waste. For some, its most likely old age creeping up, or down, as the case may be.

Look forward to hearing more on this fascinating story. "A Tale of Two Appendages"
Ken

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 10, 2020, 4:07 am

So basically you're asking if the two appendages below the waist are wasted?

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » November 10, 2020, 9:48 am

I think the problem might be related to the dead ends already mentioned. Appendages with a dead end would certainly be less than useful but who am I to say what people should do with their appendages in a cul-de-sac.

Ken

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 10, 2020, 10:38 am

Oh dear....how sad, never mind . Although a Bookshop obviously people need to read more to understand my post it seems.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » November 10, 2020, 11:32 am

You been in pp long time ken

Will we be treated to a fuzzykens2 in pp as well?

Sure do miss the daily pissups with the lads watching the girls going and coming around the plaza and soi sompung
temptation is a .....

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » November 11, 2020, 9:57 am

DRILLER wrote:
November 10, 2020, 11:32 am

Sure do miss the daily pissups with the lads watching the girls going and coming around the plaza and soi sompung
I have considered opening some type of business here in Phnom Penh but I'll wait to see what happens with the virus. Right now, I'm relaxing after 13 years of constant problems with visas and work permit issues and a host of other things to test ones patience whereas here, I have a one year retirement visa which took all of 3 days to obtain. To get my multiple entry visa I had to tell them where I lived, nothing else needed apart from the fee. No 90 day reporting and a few weeks ago I obtained my second annual extension taking me through to October next year. No worries, no drama, what a pity it is that Thailand has to make it so complicated.

My Lek is taking care of the shop, navigating with care through these exceptionally challenging times and to confirm, no problem parking in our street, & accommodating those with redundant appendages and gravity defying issues, you can park right outside our shop.
Thanks again to all
Ken

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » November 11, 2020, 3:01 pm

:badteeth: 9
Fuzzyken wrote:
November 11, 2020, 9:57 am
DRILLER wrote:
November 10, 2020, 11:32 am

I have considered opening some type of business here in Phnom Penh but I'll wait to see what happens with the virus. Right now, I'm relaxing after 13 years of constant problems with visas and work permit issues and a host of other things to test ones patience whereas here, I have a one year retirement visa which took all of 3 days to obtain. To get my multiple entry visa I had to tell them where I lived, nothing else needed apart from the fee. No 90 day reporting and a few weeks ago I obtained my second annual extension taking me through to October next year. No worries, no drama, what a pity it is that Thailand has to make it so complicated.

My Lek is taking care of the shop, navigating with care through these exceptionally challenging times and to confirm, no problem parking in our street, & accommodating those with redundant appendages and gravity defying issues, you can park right outside our shop.
Thanks again to all
Ken
Nice one Ken.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

Tennyson
udonmap.com

Post by Tennyson » November 11, 2020, 6:33 pm

FZ_rev2.jpg
Hopefully, these will make matters more clear. I took them today, 11th November 2020. Things could of course change as time moves on.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 11, 2020, 9:04 pm

thanks tennyson plan o visiting tomorrow

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » November 12, 2020, 1:35 am

Tennyson wrote:
November 11, 2020, 6:33 pm
FZ_rev2.jpg

Hopefully, these will make matters more clear. I took them today, 11th November 2020. Things could of course change as time moves on.
Bravo 👏

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » November 14, 2020, 8:55 am

Again, I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and reaffirm that we are still in business and to pin-point our location.

However, should there remain any issues concerned with our location or anything else, please post on here or message me via our Facebook page. I can also be reached by email at [email protected]

Although my Lek's English language skills fall rather short of perfection, she is doing her best, during unprecedented challenging times, to keep the business afloat and I hope that our long term customers and all those who manage to traverse the long and winding road to our shop, will give her much support.

It is of course common knowledge that for the vast majority, the door to Thailand is shut and locked. I am hoping that I will one day be able to return to Udon but as to when....que sera sera....

Sincerely, Fuzzyken

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 14, 2020, 10:56 am

Open hours?
UFF DA!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 14, 2020, 11:33 am

If u go to Facebook Open hours are 9am to 6pm

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Re: Fuzzyken's are moving/have moved

Post by Fuzzy Ken » December 20, 2020, 11:21 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to confirm that following our move 2 years ago, we are now settled into 44/59 Soi Paradise, next street to the Paradise Hotel.
As with many businesses, we have had to make various changes to meet the challenges of the virus era. We are, therefore, concentrating on our used book business instead of food & beverages. I’m not absolutely certain, but I think we are once again the only used book shop in Udon Thani & maybe the entire province. Perhaps someone will correct me if I’m wrong in this regard.
I have added photos, of the older books on our shelves, to our website to illustrate the range of our stock. We will be adding information, weekly, on new arrivals which in the main will be books brought in for exchange. At some point in the future I hope that there will again be sufficient demand for us to purchase books, but things being far from settled with the virus & visas etc., it’s anybody’s guess when that might be.
You can keep up to date by checking our website books page “Udon Thani Used Books” at www.fuzzykensblog.com where apart from books, we report on visa issues and other matters considered interesting & useful including for Laos & Cambodia.
Thanks to everyone & best seasonal wishes to all, as we go through these very challenging & troubled times.
As always, please take care of those less able to look after themselves..
Fuzzyken

panorama
udonmap.com

Post by panorama » May 15, 2022, 3:48 pm

IS Fuzzy Ken's still open on Soi Paradise? Last post is from November 2020.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”