Outdoor Security Flood Lights

General Udon Thani topics only!
LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Outdoor Security Flood Lights

Post by LoneTraveler » February 23, 2019, 3:00 pm

Although I did a search on this topic I only came up with commercial ads. Can anyone recommend a good outdoor security lighting system. I look at HomePro did not see much on offer. I am looking for an outdoor lighting security system. One that comes on automatically when someone enters. The ones at Home Pro seem small. I want to light up the sky because we have a problem with roaming young men looking for easy targets. I had 2 great dogs that would scare away intruders, unfortunately they both have died recently and it is too emotional to replace them for fear of loosing the dogs again.

I would appreciate any information as to where I can purchase a good quality system.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Outdoor Security Flood Lights

Post by vincemunday » February 23, 2019, 3:54 pm

Its really easy to fit PIR'S on lights and they only cost about 100 baht or so on Lazada, the upside of doing it this way is that you can choose your own lights, I've put some on halogen floods and some on LED strips.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 23, 2019, 3:57 pm

Just did a quick search
https://s.lazada.co.th/s.NFXU
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » February 24, 2019, 12:14 am

Go lazada and look for garde/out door solar lights.no wires and easy installatIon.ive got 20 led pir ones but you can get larger.dont buy from anywhere but lazada as they are rip off prices.they will be 5 -10 times the price in udon.

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » February 24, 2019, 12:45 am

I fitted PIR's separate to the lights, reason was that most light fittings with them integral have PIR's that have approx. 90deg detection angle, leaving some areas unprotected.
You can get separate PIR's that are 180deg. and even some corner ones that are 270deg detection.
Wire these in parallel and connect to the light fittings, my floodlights are also all connected in parallel.
Result is that if anyone enters my property from any angle, the whole place is lit up.
I use this system with LED Floodlights, via an on/off switch which I put on at night.
The normal "decorative" lights on my door/porch are used when I'm eating/drinking outside.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » February 24, 2019, 10:07 am

Thank you all for great information. I did not know you can buy PIR's separately. I also did a search on Lazada for floodlights, came up empty. I now know I must search for garde/outdoor solar lights and thank you for the lazada link.

I will order from them today as I have ordered many things from them in the past with no problems. It was very eerie to have the outdoor property dark and very quiet last night without the dogs.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 24, 2019, 11:21 am

LoneTraveler wrote:
February 24, 2019, 10:07 am
Thank you all for great information. I did not know you can buy PIR's separately. I also did a search on Lazada for floodlights, came up empty. I now know I must search for garde/outdoor solar lights and thank you for the lazada link.

I will order from them today as I have ordered many things from them in the past with no problems. It was very eerie to have the outdoor property dark and very quiet last night without the dogs.
Be careful as there are both 12v versions and 220v ones. You can also buy both lights an light fixture that have PIR incorporated, though mostly they are not rated for outdoor use.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » February 24, 2019, 1:53 pm

Thank you for that information, I will be sure to check before I order.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”