Thai Medical Insurance for Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
Bread Man
udonmap.com

Thai Medical Insurance for Immigration

Post by Bread Man » January 2, 2019, 3:06 pm

Does anyone know if the Immigration Office in Udon Thani will require compulsory Medical Insurance when renewing their yearly visa? I am a Diabetic and cannot find cover here in Thailand. I have lived here for 16 years and have regular check ups at the hospital. My home country offers Insurance at sky high prices but I would have to live there to qualify for this. Talk about a Bummer!
Thanks in advance....

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Medical Insurance for Immigration

Post by parrot » January 2, 2019, 3:20 pm

There's talk about immigration requiring insurance.....but there's been talk for many years. (With my rose-colored glasses) I take such 'proposals' with a grain of salt. Maybe it will happen and maybe it won't.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 2, 2019, 3:31 pm

This subject has been mooted on various internet blogs recently but nothing confirmed yeah or nay as yet .. bearing in mind you have to supply a doctors health cert (not medical insurance) when applying for both a work permit and a drivers license i suppose that adequate medical insurance is a possible requirement immo could impose in the future.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 2, 2019, 6:12 pm

Bread Man wrote:
January 2, 2019, 3:06 pm
Does anyone know if the Immigration Office in Udon Thani will require compulsory Medical Insurance when renewing their yearly visa? I am a Diabetic and cannot find cover here in Thailand. I have lived here for 16 years and have regular check ups at the hospital. My home country offers Insurance at sky high prices but I would have to live there to qualify for this. Talk about a Bummer!
Thanks in advance....
The only talk has been as an added requirement for the Non-OA Visa so nothing at all about immigration offices, only consulates and embassies and they are a completely different branch of government. On top of that it's only talk at the moment.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Bread Man
udonmap.com

Post by Bread Man » January 3, 2019, 12:55 pm

Thank you everyone, feeling a bit easier....

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”