Where to buy Evan Williams?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
User avatar
BigBubba
udonmap.com
Posts: 1629
Joined: February 25, 2012, 4:39 pm
Location: Was MEMPHIS, now Udon Thani

Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by BigBubba » November 25, 2018, 11:47 am

Evan Williams is a nice Kentucky bourbon whiskey, about half the price of Jack Daniels. It used to be available at the Chinese liquor store on Posri rd but they haven't carried it for quite some time. I searched in Villa market. No luck. Anyone seen it elsewhere?


Every day I wake up is a good day.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1467
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by mak » November 25, 2018, 1:28 pm

PM rct, he's the whiskey expert.
Last edited by mak on November 26, 2018, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13248
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by stattointhailand » November 25, 2018, 7:37 pm

Jack Daniels & Jim Beam sound like good old yankee bourbon names, but Evan Williams? .... sounds more like the holy water from the local baptist chapel font boy o :lol:

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3070
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by Doodoo » November 25, 2018, 8:49 pm

Evan Williams is a brand of Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey bottled in Bardstown, Kentucky,[1][2] by the Heaven Hill company.[3] The product is aged for a minimum of four years[3] (which is more than the two year minimum to be called 'straight' bourbon, but is the minimum requirement for a straight whiskey that does not have an age statement on the label).[4] It has been ranked as one of the world's best selling whiskey brands.[5]

Looks like good stuff

Hope this helps but don't know where in Udon

User avatar
runrunshaw
udonmap.com
Posts: 216
Joined: January 4, 2016, 12:47 pm

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by runrunshaw » December 1, 2018, 4:38 pm

Evan Williams Single Barrel is really good bourbon. Heaven Hill label also used to be sold at that Chinese store, but no more. It was a bargain for Thailand, and the quality was fine. I met the guy who was the Heaven Hill rep for Thailand years ago on a flight into Bangkok, but I'm fairly certain they no longer directly export to LOS.

I found a dusty bottle of Evan Williams on the shelf of a small shop in Nong Sam Rong about a year ago. The old original price was still on it, so I got it for a song.

Perhaps other distribs bring in EW, but I don't think you can find it in Udon.
The best gadget is the human brain.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13248
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by stattointhailand » December 1, 2018, 5:16 pm

runrunshaw wrote:
December 1, 2018, 4:38 pm
Evan Williams Single Barrel is really good bourbon. Heaven Hill label also used to be sold at that Chinese store, but no more. It was a bargain for Thailand, and the quality was fine. I met the guy who was the Heaven Hill rep for Thailand years ago on a flight into Bangkok, but I'm fairly certain they no longer directly export to LOS.

I found a dusty bottle of Evan Williams on the shelf of a small shop in Nong Sam Rong about a year ago. The old original price was still on it, so I got it for a song.

Perhaps other distribs bring in EW, but I don't think you can find it in Udon.
Being the fine upstanding citizen that you are I bet you didnt even try to get discount for it being more than the declared years old and therefore out of date :lol:

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9580
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by parrot » December 1, 2018, 5:58 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw Heaven Hill in Villa a few days ago

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13248
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by stattointhailand » December 1, 2018, 6:18 pm

parrot wrote:
December 1, 2018, 5:58 pm
I'm pretty sure I saw Heaven Hill in Villa a few days ago
Watching tooooooo much God TV parrot :lol:

User avatar
runrunshaw
udonmap.com
Posts: 216
Joined: January 4, 2016, 12:47 pm

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by runrunshaw » December 1, 2018, 9:12 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 1, 2018, 5:16 pm
runrunshaw wrote:
December 1, 2018, 4:38 pm
Evan Williams Single Barrel is really good bourbon. Heaven Hill label also used to be sold at that Chinese store, but no more. It was a bargain for Thailand, and the quality was fine. I met the guy who was the Heaven Hill rep for Thailand years ago on a flight into Bangkok, but I'm fairly certain they no longer directly export to LOS.

I found a dusty bottle of Evan Williams on the shelf of a small shop in Nong Sam Rong about a year ago. The old original price was still on it, so I got it for a song.

Perhaps other distribs bring in EW, but I don't think you can find it in Udon.
Being the fine upstanding citizen that you are I bet you didnt even try to get discount for it being more than the declared years old and therefore out of date :lol:
LOL! I did indeed try to get a discount, but the smiling shopkeeper wouldn't budge
The best gadget is the human brain.

User avatar
LoongLee
udonmap.com
Posts: 845
Joined: February 15, 2009, 8:54 pm
Location: Virginia- Sic Semper Tyrannis

Re: Where to buy Evan Williams?

Post by LoongLee » December 3, 2018, 12:11 am

Just to clarify for the mob,,, Jack Daniels is a Tennessee Whiskey, not a Bourbon from Kentucky. Different animals.
ลุงลี

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”