Chest cold cannot clear..members help needed..

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mudguard
udonmap.com

Chest cold cannot clear..members help needed..

Post by Mudguard » September 18, 2018, 10:08 pm

I cannot clear chest cold....Anyone suggest something please..besides cutting my throat... :D :D

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Chest cold cannot clear..members help needed..

Post by dunroaming » September 18, 2018, 10:11 pm

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 19, 2018, 1:01 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 18, 2018, 10:11 pm
Try clarid https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/3034
Being an antibiotic it might not be available without seeing a Doctor, but being Thailand you might be able to get but I don't recommend with out Doctor OK. If you haven't tried yet get an expectorant and if doesn't help clear up in two or three days see a Doctor

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » September 19, 2018, 3:01 am

try amoxicillin 500 u can buy at chemist or at makro.or try benedictine or lemsip with whiskey in hot water.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 19, 2018, 5:34 am

I'd suggest going to see a doctor but failing that id go to Forte on the ring road and speak to the pharmacist there, they're very good. The doctor at the General Hospital will cost 50 baht and the medicine about 140 baht but you might wait around a little bit if you go in the morning so I'd suggest a visit after 1pm.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » September 19, 2018, 5:37 am

Hmm.. seems I'm not alone afterall.

Had a rotten cold 2 weeks ago, & still don't feel 100%, sometimes on my chest, other times feel as if the cold is returning.

Anyway, got some Doxycycline, & taking 2 x 100mg ed. I hope it goes soon.

I'd love to get some Friars Balsam, as I found that good for clearing chest/sinus.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 19, 2018, 6:07 am

I've never used it but Steve in the T bar swears by something called Tiffy, i prefer Lemsip but unfortunately so do my family so they drank all mine. Get well soon guys.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » September 19, 2018, 7:22 am

On a positive note , Great news guys ,widely known amongst the Thai's , if you get a cold/chest infection during the rainy season it has the potential to last 6 months i have witnessed this ,a friend of mine (Yorkshire man ) tried everything ,all the remedies etc , ( hated paying for it ,ha ) it lasted in the region of 6 months , his only gripe was the waste of money , ha , I personally was bad with it a few years ago 3 months down the line i located a doc who practices across the rd from NEESONS , in Udon , he prescribed CRAVIT (after at other clinics trying all sorts even injections etc ) at the time i looked it up on the net ,it gave out a big percentage died whilst on this drug , HA HA , but that was down to the seriousness of their sickness NOT so much the drug , Cravit worked for me ,the relief was fantastic , here's what i have just found on the net ,
CRAVIT =Levofloxacin is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, kidneys, bladder, or prostate. Levofloxacin is also used to treat bacterial infections that cause bronchitis or pneumonia, and to treat people who have been exposed to anthrax..

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » September 19, 2018, 8:00 am

I used to suffer from loads of colds and coughs, started taking Cidar Apple Vinegar daily, now not a cold since.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » September 19, 2018, 10:22 am

get an packet of epherdrine based cold and flu tablets. Agree with apple cider vinegar as well...best luck
I am independently poor

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 19, 2018, 10:37 am

Whenever I get a cold lke that a couple of large brandy's seems to do the trick. Don't know if it cures it or whether it's because I don't care any more . :D
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » September 19, 2018, 9:48 pm

these harsh chest colds seem common in LOS ..wonder why ?..have em myself and a devil to get clear of em..
the only good Tory is a lavatory

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 19, 2018, 10:31 pm

YES! If I get a throat infection, It lasts for weeks! Never had it so bad in UK. Here seems more hard to recover!

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » September 21, 2018, 6:29 pm

I had one last year during the rainy season for months and finally got rid of it with ciproflaxion. Got it again this January and after three months saw a doctor at Aek Udon who insisted on a chest x-ray. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Antibiotics took care of it, but don't wait so long like I did. It's important to take the right antibiotics.
The best gadget is the human brain.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 21, 2018, 7:49 pm

Two days ago I developed a chest cold with symptoms of low-grade fever, headache, dry cough, some phlegm and mild chest pains with little to no congestion. Tonight I went to the Military Hospital and the doctor suspected influenza instead of a common cold, so I had to submit to a nasal swab to be sent to the lab. All in all I was there about 1.5 hours and the diagnosis is influenza type A which is the worst one. The doc gave me 6 medications including an anti-viral med to take for 5 days and he recommended bed rest and staying away from other people. Total cost was just less than 1000 baht and I am already feeling much better after having been diagnosed.

The meds are as follows: Paracetamol....take one 500 mg tab every 4-6 hours for pain
Cetirizine 10 mg tab....one tab after morning meal
Osel Tamivir 75 mg capsule...take one cap after morning and evening meals
Bromhexine 8 mg tab....take one after morning and evening meals
Kamillosan M throat spray....spray as needed for throat irritation
1 small bottle of Tussis Mixture 180ml bottle (Brown Mixture)….take three times daily as needed for cough.
Last edited by semperfiguy on October 5, 2018, 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » September 21, 2018, 8:23 pm

Has anyone tried rubbing goose fat on their chest?failing that,what about some vics vapour rub,or maybe suck on some ''fishermans friends ,'lockets or tunes''?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 21, 2018, 9:28 pm

Whiskey sugar and honey has worked for us scots for many years but chest cold and chest infection very different wouldn't try doxycyclene for that as it's better for malaria prevention spots and the clap

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 22, 2018, 9:34 am

The problem with antibiotics is that they only work if its bacteria causing the problem but not if its a virus.
I think the reason for a lot of these chest complaints is the high humidity and general dampness which cause these airborne diseases to thrive.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Ziggy124

Post by Ziggy124 » September 22, 2018, 9:52 am

We have in NZ a cough cold mentholated pastilles or lollie called Kurols, ive had a cough cold here a month back and as always, a few lollies and all is well, they leave fishermans friends dead in the water, they so good im looking at getting them made here but they can be brought online and posted here for around $3 per packet,hope this helps.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » September 22, 2018, 9:52 am

Zidane wrote:
September 22, 2018, 9:34 am
The problem with antibiotics is that they only work if its bacteria causing the problem but not if its a virus.
I think the reason for a lot of these chest complaints is the high humidity and general dampness which cause these airborne diseases to thrive.
yeh,and the dust that seems to get everywere

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”