Supermarket prices out of control

General Udon Thani topics only!
Tom & Jee
udonmap.com

Re: Supermarket prices out of control

Post by Tom & Jee » August 13, 2018, 6:44 am

Yesterday we were at tesco nadee .I notice that many prices went up . some dog treats 15% . a face cleaning( for the wife) 20%. A spray for nose 25%.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 13, 2018, 11:25 am

Stantheman wrote:
August 13, 2018, 2:14 am
dunroaming wrote:
August 13, 2018, 12:04 am
Why would u go to Denmark for Holland beer.....
Just to clarify before a big controversy starts, technically the beer is made in the country of the Netherlands, South Holland province.
Yeh didn`t know where heinekin came from and forgot about the nit picking . The point was i was told cheaper to pay 74 baht a can for beer laos in thailand than pay $35 and go to laos and pay 35 baht a can . By the same criteria be cheaper to pay 20,000baht for a heinekin in thailand than go to holland to buy one.
Be better if thai shops where the same as the rest of the world and did not rip you off . Simple fact is they do as they have no government to stop them

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 13, 2018, 4:01 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 12, 2018, 6:50 pm
747man wrote:
August 11, 2018, 7:31 pm
dragonz wrote:
August 11, 2018, 5:04 pm
One thing i forgot and was not happy with at nong khai makro was the price of beer.
Beer laos dark 1,750 baht for 24 , 350ml cans
Beer laos light 1,550 for 24 , 350ml cans
100% mark up on what i paid in laos which is only 20kms away ?
But it would have cost you 35 US$ To get it there ??
no it did not my wife went across and got it 700 bahts
Lucky i do not drink heinekin as under your reasoning would cost me 50,000baht a bottle as i would have to go to denmark for it
Arrogant Man,Go to Efffiinn Denmark then....

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » August 14, 2018, 10:31 am

thats a nasty and uncalled for comment 747
sean

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 14, 2018, 11:12 am

747man wrote:
August 13, 2018, 4:01 pm
dragonz wrote:
August 12, 2018, 6:50 pm
747man wrote:
August 11, 2018, 7:31 pm
dragonz wrote:
August 11, 2018, 5:04 pm
One thing i forgot and was not happy with at nong khai makro was the price of beer.
Beer laos dark 1,750 baht for 24 , 350ml cans
Beer laos light 1,550 for 24 , 350ml cans
100% mark up on what i paid in laos which is only 20kms away ?
But it would have cost you 35 US$ To get it there ??
no it did not my wife went across and got it 700 bahts
Lucky i do not drink heinekin as under your reasoning would cost me 50,000baht a bottle as i would have to go to denmark for it
Arrogant Man,Go to Efffiinn Denmark then....
Absolutely do not understand why you act like such a nasty person . was a bit of sarcasm and a bit of a joke no different than your silly post saying it would be cheaper to pay 72baht a can in thailand than to pay go to laos , would be cheaper to pay 20,000 baht for a can of heinekin than pay to go to holland for one . Takes all sorts i suppose

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 14, 2018, 1:43 pm

Absolutely do not understand why you act like such a nasty person.....I'm NOT Actually, You just don't know me....

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 14, 2018, 1:50 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 14, 2018, 11:12 am
... Takes all sorts i suppose
No, these are allsorts...
allsorts.jpg
Not 747man

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 14, 2018, 4:02 pm

747man wrote:
August 14, 2018, 1:43 pm
Absolutely do not understand why you act like such a nasty person.....I'm NOT Actually, You just don't know me....
you swear at somebody you do not know for no reason and say you are a good guy . Hate to meet the bad guys on here .I am really glad i do not know you
Yes tamada they are all sorts , some are nice and some like those black tubes are not nice 747 is one of those .
This is a forum for expats in udon thani and the massive price rises in the last few weeks mainly in tesco lotus nadee are what this forum is for . Perfect topic for a forum esp if you have a limited income or small children to look after . Why read it then attack posters for posting as 747 and big boss . If you have lots of money and nobody to look after this topic is not for you . I used to spend about 2500-3000 baht a week in tesco , last shop was nearly 5,000 baht and trolley was not half full .Yesterday i went to makro near nong khai and spent 3200baht for a full trolley of better food .THIS IS INFO FOR UDON MAP MEMBERS . why tell people to stop complaining or tell them to go back to uk for using the forum for its correct purpose
"big boss I myself be happy to pay and wake up everyday with a big smile on my face living the dream...
Or you could go back home and pay more for sure and wake up miserable...."
by someone who has no money worries and nobody to care for unlike millions more who live in thailand as he has forgotten that most customers are thai

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 14, 2018, 4:59 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 14, 2018, 4:02 pm
747man wrote:
August 14, 2018, 1:43 pm
you swear at somebody you do not know for no reason and say you are a good guy . Hate to meet the bad guys on here .I am really glad i do not know you
Yes tamada they are all sorts , some are nice and some like those black tubes are not nice 747 is one of those .
This is a forum for expats in udon thani and the massive price rises in the last few weeks mainly in tesco lotus nadee are what this forum is for . Perfect topic for a forum esp if you have a limited income or small children to look after . Why read it then attack posters for posting as 747 and big boss . If you have lots of money and nobody to look after this topic is not for you . I used to spend about 2500-3000 baht a week in tesco , last shop was nearly 5,000 baht and trolley was not half full .Yesterday i went to makro near nong khai and spent 3200baht for a full trolley of better food .THIS IS INFO FOR UDON MAP MEMBERS . why tell people to stop complaining or tell them to go back to uk for using the forum for its correct purpose
"big boss I myself be happy to pay and wake up everyday with a big smile on my face living the dream...
Or you could go back home and pay more for sure and wake up miserable...."
by someone who has no money worries and nobody to care for unlike millions more who live in thailand as he has forgotten that most customers are thai
" O.K No Problem " But let me say this....You mention " Limited Income " YOU Would NOT Believe just how " Limited " my Income from my U.K State Pension is.....O.K I Do not have any children to look after & All I Can add to that is " It's a Bloody Good Job I Don't " & Finally I Wish I Could spend 3000+ Baht in one hit at Makro or Anywhere else for that matter....& BTW I Am NOT " BIG BOSS "

P.S Very Sorry for swearing at you in the first reply......

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 14, 2018, 6:07 pm

I did a flash shop in Ngeesoon today for several items......best as I could tell, their prices have not changed. 500g Kellogg's corn flakes still 94 baht......big cans of Ayam beans 34 baht, my go-to termite spray with the thin needle nozzle 76 baht for the big can. Admittedly, Ngeesoon lacks some of the comfort features of places like Tesco (KFC, air con, fresh produce/meats........but price wise, they're hard to beat.
Ngeesoon is one of the few ?only? stores that offers freebies......today, a 52 baht container of Tipco had a free 225ml container of Tipco juice attached, for example. And after checkout, take your receipt up to the freebie counter....the one with the girl with the husky voice......invariably I walk out with a free bowl or free pillow or free umbrella or free something.
I'm not sure if things have changed in the past year, but on many occasions I've bought alcohol products pre-11AM without a problem in both Ngeesoons.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 7:06 pm

Went to Big C Nittayo Road. They had McVities Digestive chocolate sandwiches for 45 baht, I bought a couple but there was quite a few left, date still good and tried the biscuits and they're nice and fresh. They also had packs of pate for 48 baht but I bought all those. Tchibo gold coffee is still only 199 baht for a 200g jar, its very similar to the Tesco Gold coffee I used to drink back home, worth a try if you find Nescafé bitter and too strong like I do.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 14, 2018, 7:39 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 10, 2018, 3:38 pm
Went to the off license on the Pho Sri road today, the one that’s near immigration and bought a 3 litre Bodegas Red wine box for 900 baht which is 104 baht cheaper than Big C.
Tried my Bodegas wine box, it's not going to win any prizes but it's quite drinkable.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 14, 2018, 8:02 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 14, 2018, 7:06 pm
Went to Big C Nittayo Road. They had McVities Digestive chocolate sandwiches for 45 baht, I bought a couple but there was quite a few left, date still good and tried the biscuits and they're nice and fresh. They also had packs of pate for 48 baht but I bought all those. Tchibo gold coffee is still only 199 baht for a 200g jar, its very similar to the Tesco Gold coffee I used to drink back home, worth a try if you find Nescafé bitter and too strong like I do.
You Bought ALL The Pate Vince.............You Sir are A Swine !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 15, 2018, 6:55 am

Don't start larging it 747, you Toffees don't eat pate, it falls apart in the bins too quickly......

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 15, 2018, 7:28 am

In your Liverpool slums
You look in the dustbin for something to eat
You find some nice pate but its fallin' apart
In your Liverpool slums

Nah it doesnt sound so good vince :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 15, 2018, 12:32 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 15, 2018, 7:28 am
In your Liverpool slums
You look in the dustbin for something to eat
You find some nice pate but its fallin' apart
In your Liverpool slums

Nah it doesnt sound so good vince :lol:
Don't Give the Day job up !!!

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » August 17, 2018, 9:06 am

parrot wrote:
August 14, 2018, 6:07 pm
I did a flash shop in Ngeesoon today for several items......best as I could tell, their prices have not changed. 500g Kellogg's corn flakes still 94 baht......big cans of Ayam beans 34 baht, my go-to termite spray with the thin needle nozzle 76 baht for the big can. Admittedly, Ngeesoon lacks some of the comfort features of places like Tesco (KFC, air con, fresh produce/meats........but price wise, they're hard to beat.
Ngeesoon is one of the few ?only? stores that offers freebies......today, a 52 baht container of Tipco had a free 225ml container of Tipco juice attached, for example. And after checkout, take your receipt up to the freebie counter....the one with the girl with the husky voice......invariably I walk out with a free bowl or free pillow or free umbrella or free something.
I'm not sure if things have changed in the past year, but on many occasions I've bought alcohol products pre-11AM without a problem in both Ngeesoons.
Would that be the Ngeesoon in town or near Tesco Nadee, Parrot?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 17, 2018, 9:43 am

Near Tesco Nadee

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 17, 2018, 11:47 am

After 3 weeks of buying 2 x bags of croissants for the price of one at B45, this week no special offer, and the price hiked to B54 (+20%) .......... pretty sure they are made on site so what excuse can there possibly be?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 17, 2018, 12:24 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 17, 2018, 11:47 am
After 3 weeks of buying 2 x bags of croissants for the price of one at B45, this week no special offer, and the price hiked to B54 (+20%) .......... pretty sure they are made on site so what excuse can there possibly be?
Where was this 2 for 1 offer?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”