Supermarket prices out of control

General Udon Thani topics only!
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Supermarket prices out of control

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 6, 2020, 4:54 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 6, 2020, 4:25 pm
That'd be nice, i get no pension from the government for another 7 years yet and alas no handouts either, I feel cheated.
Well, at least you appear to have a plan in place?

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 6, 2020, 5:05 pm

Oh I dunno Bandung, I just gaze in awe at all you rich folk... must be nice to look down on us peasants...
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 6, 2020, 5:56 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 6, 2020, 4:54 pm
vincemunday wrote:
That'd be nice, i get no pension from the government for another 7 years yet and alas no handouts either, I feel cheated.

I am sure there are many of us here that don't require Government pensions or handouts to survive very nicely, never needed a handout in my life and pension from UK wouldn't keep me going a couple of days never mind a month so don't even considerate in my financial plans. but then - again might just cover the weekly golf bill

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 6, 2020, 6:29 pm

dunroaming wrote:
June 6, 2020, 5:56 pm
Bandung_Dero wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

I am sure there are many of us here that don't require Government pensions or handouts to survive very nicely, never needed a handout in my life and pension from UK wouldn't keep me going a couple of days never mind a month so don't even considerate in my financial plans. but then - again might just cover the weekly golf bill
I wouldn’t mind a hand out or two, I never say no to anything free, I’m not sure if it’s the Gypsy or the Jewish in me but if I can get the odd shekel free then what the heck! I‘m just glad I retired at 55 and didn’t wait till I got too old to enjoy being as financially needy as some people seem to think I am.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 6, 2020, 6:33 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:29 pm
dunroaming wrote:
Bandung_Dero wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

I wouldn’t mind a hand out or two, I never say no to anything free, I’m not sure if it’s the Gypsy or the Jewish in me but if I can get the odd shekel free then what the heck! I‘m just glad I retired at 55 and didn’t wait till I got too old to enjoy being as financially needy as some people seem to think I am.
Highly recommend
Go-Fund -Me
works every time borrow a couple of children (preferably hungry looking) can't go wrong.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 6, 2020, 11:12 pm

Gentlemen, just a friendly reminder that this thread is about supermarket prices.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2020, 4:06 am

Yes, back to the reports where a poster wants to whinge about being over-charged 10 baht in a supermarket. Or in some cases, I believe more. There are plenty of these kinds of grizzles in the Covid 19 economy in farangland too.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Sam1925
udonmap.com

Post by Sam1925 » June 9, 2020, 7:16 pm

Try going to McDonald's. I ordered french fries and they were cold at the same time I saw a new batch coming out of the fryer and informed the employee that my fries were cold.
So, what she did was dump the old fries and mixed the new fries together.
Hi welcome to McDonald's. the Thai way.

Filed a complaint with the main office of Thailand McDonald's and received a letter assuring me that this will not happen again.

Guess what? It happened again. Welcome to Thailand. :shock:

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 9, 2020, 7:29 pm

Sam1925 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 7:16 pm
Try going to McDonald's. I ordered french fries and they were cold at the same time I saw a new batch coming out of the fryer and informed the employee that my fries were cold.
So, what she did was dump the old fries and mixed the new fries together.
Hi welcome to McDonald's. the Thai way.

Filed a complaint with the main office of Thailand McDonald's and received a letter assuring me that this will not happen again.

Guess what? It happened again. Welcome to Thailand. :shock:
Hmm, sounds like a good solution to me. Thai ingenuity? or is it World Wide?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 10, 2020, 12:22 am

dunroaming wrote:
Bandung_Dero wrote:
vincemunday wrote:

Gents, just remember that the "Government" pension is something that most 'working' people have paid for all of their working lives. It is your money the Government is giving back to you, its not a free money benefit. DR if you did not loose so many balls the pension money would pay for 2 months of golf, mine does.

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Post by Tartempion » June 10, 2020, 1:36 am

I definitely watch prices since I do the Western food buying.
eg Le president 8 portions Big C 145, Macro 105
Prego sauces 300g TOPS 64, Macro 58, TOPS promo ended 09 june 2x99 or 49.5 each, but previous prom was 45 each.
Have a stock of at least 20 cans, only buy TOPS proms...
NZ Greek yogurt style 1 kg Big C 225 Macro 205
Big C white spread cheese Tartidou 300g now 175 before 158, Macro no have...
At TOPS I usually check their prom prices and buy as needed prom only...shampoo, tooth paste, preferred brands only.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”