Hotter summers?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3531
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Hotter summers?

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2018, 12:09 pm

I’ve been coming to Thailand for 14 years but I’ve only been living in Udon Thani for 3 years, it seems there’s a lot of world leaders warning that their countries have to prepare for hotter summers which led me to wonder if the summers here have changed, are they very different now to how they used to be?


The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11087
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by 747man » July 26, 2018, 12:29 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 12:09 pm
I’ve been coming to Thailand for 14 years but I’ve only been living in Udon Thani for 3 years, it seems there’s a lot of world leaders warning that their countries have to prepare for hotter summers which led me to wonder if the summers here have changed, are they very different now to how they used to be?
Vince, FWIW I Reckon this hot season 2018 has been COOLER Than the last couple of years here....

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3531
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2018, 3:37 pm

Yeah i agree with that but some.have been coming here for 20-30 years, I wondered what they thought overall?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11087
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by 747man » July 26, 2018, 4:12 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 3:37 pm
Yeah i agree with that but some.have been coming here for 20-30 years, I wondered what they thought overall?
I Have also Vince, We've had Our House for 23 Years Now.... :shock: :shock:

User avatar
souness
udonmap.com
Posts: 198
Joined: April 13, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by souness » July 26, 2018, 6:00 pm

so if you have been coming here for 23 years whats your opinion then 747 ? :confused:
sean

hairyharry
udonmap.com
Posts: 230
Joined: December 29, 2009, 7:45 am

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by hairyharry » July 26, 2018, 7:33 pm

Globally the heatwave is the fault of Trump

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12915
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by stattointhailand » July 26, 2018, 7:54 pm

Udon Temperatures have indeed increased since about June 2014 which I have reason to believe may have something to do with all the hot air being generated by Lone Star :lol:

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 739
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by Nigglyb » July 26, 2018, 7:58 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 26, 2018, 7:54 pm
Udon Temperatures have indeed increased since about June 2014 which I have reason to believe may have something to do with all the hot air being generated by Lone Star :lol:
Image
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11087
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by 747man » July 26, 2018, 8:04 pm

souness wrote:
July 26, 2018, 6:00 pm
so if you have been coming here for 23 years whats your opinion then 747 ? :confused:
sean
Actually I've been Coming Here for 42 Years Souy,Opinion on What ??

User avatar
souness
udonmap.com
Posts: 198
Joined: April 13, 2008, 8:37 am
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by souness » July 27, 2018, 7:59 am

has the weather got hotter since you first started coming here soft lad !! :confused:
42 years is a long time.you must hav been only early 30's when you first came ?
i didnt know boyztown in pattaya had been going that long . ha ha !
sean

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 27, 2018, 8:09 am

vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 12:09 pm
I’ve been coming to Thailand for 14 years but I’ve only been living in Udon Thani for 3 years, it seems there’s a lot of world leaders warning that their countries have to prepare for hotter summers which led me to wonder if the summers here have changed, are they very different now to how they used to be?
Got a good few years under my belt (20) living here perminently and If the summers have been hotter in recent years if been by an odd degree or two and not really been noticed ... what is very apparent is how the rainy , hot n cool seasons themselves are changing with regard to when they start n finish or rather supposed to as they have done in the past ... UNSEASONAL WEATHER is a phrase used all over the globe now and most certainly appropriate here as the seasons seem to mingling into each other more n more .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11087
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by 747man » July 27, 2018, 11:23 am

.you must hav been only early 30's when you first came ?.....Oi, You Cheeky Barsteward....I Was 25 on my 1st Visit....

has the weather got hotter since you first started coming here soft lad !.....If Anything I Would say NO,But it seems to have got WETTER...Soft Sh*te Indeed !!!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 27, 2018, 11:50 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 27, 2018, 8:09 am
vincemunday wrote:
July 26, 2018, 12:09 pm
I’ve been coming to Thailand for 14 years but I’ve only been living in Udon Thani for 3 years, it seems there’s a lot of world leaders warning that their countries have to prepare for hotter summers which led me to wonder if the summers here have changed, are they very different now to how they used to be?
Got a good few years under my belt (20) living here perminently and If the summers have been hotter in recent years if been by an odd degree or two and not really been noticed ... what is very apparent is how the rainy , hot n cool seasons themselves are changing with regard to when they start n finish or rather supposed to as they have done in the past ... UNSEASONAL WEATHER is a phrase used all over the globe now and most certainly appropriate here as the seasons seem to mingling into each other more n more .

DM
747man wrote:
July 27, 2018, 11:23 am
.you must hav been only early 30's when you first came ?.....Oi, You Cheeky Barsteward....I Was 25 on my 1st Visit....

has the weather got hotter since you first started coming here soft lad !.....If Anything I Would say NO,But it seems to have got WETTER...Soft Sh*te Indeed !!!
READ MY POST Knobhead ...IF ....

The weather is more un seasonal nowadays IMO .. to say its hotter or wetter drier etc needs numbers to support any claim to which i am not privy. ARE YOU ??

After attending a mates wedding in Bkk and holidaying here for 2 years moved here to live perminently in 98 , my son was born in 2000 , lifes been a roller coaster of ups n downs but would not change a thing.

98/99 was the approx time of the great bt crash when Thailand failed to pay back the loan the the IMF and the bt was smashed ...i recall changing doe at 92.86 bt to the quid on Central Rd Pattaya n going daft , the crazy high exchange rate enabled me to cash buy a small house in Soi Khaotalo which back then was rural land a was most of the area that is now Soi Buakhao, i was 33 ..

GORD I FEEL OLD.

Carry on taxi driving SSS .............. Soft Scouse Scally

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11087
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by 747man » July 27, 2018, 1:12 pm

It Was '97 YOU Knob........98/99 was the approx time of the great bt crash when Thailand failed to pay back the loan the the IMF and the bt was smashed............

. Soft Scouse Scally .................FO You Cheeky Fu*ker.....

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 27, 2018, 1:28 pm

747man wrote:
July 27, 2018, 1:12 pm
It Was '97 YOU Knob........98/99 was the approx time of the great bt crash when Thailand failed to pay back the loan the the IMF and the bt was smashed............

. Soft Scouse Scally .................FO You Cheeky Fu*ker.....
Could of been Christmas time 97/98 ...blooming heck if so been here 20.5 years then ..doesnt time fly by ???

TAXI
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 922
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by yartims » July 27, 2018, 3:05 pm

july 97 i was getting 100 to the pound in bangers ..the numbers on the board outside the cambio were changing every 5 minutes so you had to time it just right
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Airportwo
udonmap.com
Posts: 189
Joined: May 22, 2013, 1:12 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by Airportwo » July 28, 2018, 12:49 pm

2016 was HOT, hope we never have another summer like that!

yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 922
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Re: Hotter summers?

Post by yartims » July 29, 2018, 12:45 am

the boffins seem to think that global warming is kicking in hence the long hot spells..but we wont know for sure until it gets hotter and hotter with regularity
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”