udonmap.com

Re: 5 Year Renewal of Driver's License

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2020, 9:09 am

Good one

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2020, 9:31 am

^ Good update timmy. AFAIK, our wives are the only two in captivity that have got a DL renewal at Central. If yours can get a better idea on where the testing office is inside Central, that could be handy.

Also info on the "online question" bit. Mrs tam registered for the Central appointment using their app which I believe is the ONLY way of booking the test. I don't remember her referring to as any part of the re-test beyond applying for it but maybe she skipped that detail. I know she was in and out quicker than any AEK office renewal so something is streamlined.

Might be interesting to know if it has an English option as well.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » June 29, 2020, 1:40 pm

o.k job done , she was outside the office at 10-50am and still ended up with ticket number 29 .... so big wait , there are only 2 ladys working in the office , the office is on the 3rd floor quite close to the " TRUE " shop and the " DTAC " shop .
when it was her turn the whole thing only took about 20 mins as she had done the question bit online , if you haven't done the online bit you can still renew your licence but you have too watch the 1 hour video , she had NOT prebooked an appointment at Central , she just did the online bit on Saturday then went on " spec " today .

i will say the online questions were easy enough and no problem to follow , but she said only in Thai , and if you are doing both your CAR and MOTORBIKE you have to take the online test TWICE once for each licence then photograph them both to show at the office . hope this helps .

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 29, 2020, 1:51 pm

timmy wrote:
June 29, 2020, 1:40 pm
o.k job done , she was outside the office at 10-50am and still ended up with ticket number 29 .... so big wait , there are only 2 ladys working in the office , the office is on the 3rd floor quite close to the " TRUE " shop and the " DTAC " shop .
when it was her turn the whole thing only took about 20 mins as she had done the question bit online , if you haven't done the online bit you can still renew your licence but you have too watch the 1 hour video , she had NOT prebooked an appointment at Central , she just did the online bit on Saturday then went on " spec " today .

i will say the online questions were easy enough and no problem to follow , but she said only in Thai , and if you are doing both your CAR and MOTORBIKE you have to take the online test TWICE once for each licence then photograph them both to show at the office . hope this helps .
Timmy, are you saying that one can take the online test in lieu of watching the video at the Central Office or the AEK Office? Do you have a link for the online test?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » June 29, 2020, 2:07 pm

YES matey , the online test was at www.dlt-elearning.com ( you need to use CHROME for it to work easy )

with CHROME you can translate everything to English even the test itself .

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » June 29, 2020, 3:54 pm

Hi Guy's..
Just a tip...You may of heard it before...
If you go 1 day or more after your birthday to renew you will get 6 years instead of 5 as the 5 years is given from your next birthday.
YKICAMOOCOW

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 29, 2020, 4:01 pm

my wife went to ask at central today , copy passport, visa extension, old dl , copy yellow book ,and strangely doctor paper normally not needed to renew ? , will go look at aek later this week what they say there ... ;)

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » June 29, 2020, 5:56 pm

i thought all matters re driving licence are suspended while emergency decree due to covid-19 is in place?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 29, 2020, 6:19 pm

they seemed to have resumed to normal from 15.06 ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2020, 11:14 pm

kopkei wrote:
June 29, 2020, 4:01 pm
my wife went to ask at central today , copy passport, visa extension, old dl , copy yellow book ,and strangely doctor paper normally not needed to renew ? , will go look at aek later this week what they say there ... ;)
Copy visa extension? Could be a bit of a bugger if one is stuck here on some derivative of the Covid-19 amnesty.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 30, 2020, 9:23 am

tamada wrote:
June 29, 2020, 11:14 pm
kopkei wrote:
Copy visa extension? Could be a bit of a bugger if one is stuck here on some derivative of the Covid-19 amnesty.
I am one of these people and was only given a 2 year extention this time but was still in and out in 30 minutes

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2020, 9:40 am

^ I was thinking about those who got caught between expiration of previous extension and getting a new visa (or extension) and were in Thailand on a 30-day visa exempt entry. Maybe I'm the only one. My TDL doesn't expire till next December (I think) so just a hypothetical.

What's a two year extension btw?

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 9:46 am

I just completed the online training.
The app is taking ages to download, so not sure what's going on there?
I'll keep ya's posted

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 30, 2020, 11:47 am

tamada wrote:
June 30, 2020, 9:40 am
^ I was thinking about those who got caught between expiration of previous extension and getting a new visa (or extension) and were in Thailand on a 30-day visa exempt entry. Maybe I'm the only one. My TDL doesn't expire till next December (I think) so just a hypothetical.

It isn’t actually an extension per se, it’s a renewal and classed as a temporary driving licence.

If you have a short term Visa or “tourist” extension of stay you get a 2 year renewal (EV is a tourist visa.)

If you have a long term visa or extension of stay you get a 5 year renewal.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 11:50 am

Finally got the app downloaded, (after google and found my app store app was disabled)

You can fill it out in English, but when coming to choose a location, it's all in Thai and lists every location in Thailand.
Git the missus to choose Nong Bua Lamphu as should be quieter than Udon.
Going Thurs at 10am.

I'll get a doctor cert tomorrow, and report back

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 30, 2020, 12:46 pm

tamada wrote:
June 30, 2020, 9:40 am

I returned in march on a 30 day visa exempt therefore they can only issue a 2 year private car licence (temporary). Didn't have to do any online training and even though immigration stamp well out of date no issues at all

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 12:54 pm

DR.
Was that a new license or renewal?
Mick

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 30, 2020, 2:52 pm

Was my 4th or 5th renewal, I always go to the main office on KK Road never been longer than an hour start to finish. Actually just back from ordering new number plates too 30 minutes and collect them in 4 weeks time total cost 205 baht. Wouldn't have needed but someone reversed into us at Tesco and you can't make your own here. Once ready you also have to hand in your old ones

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 9, 2020, 6:21 pm

kopkei wrote:
,and strangely doctor paper normally not needed to renew ? , will go look at aek later this week what they say there ... ;)
mickojak wrote:
June 30, 2020, 11:50 am

Any updates?
Curious if the medical certificate was actually required when you went in to renew.
UFF DA!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 9, 2020, 6:27 pm

Jello wrote:
July 9, 2020, 6:21 pm
kopkei wrote:
,and strangely doctor paper normally not needed to renew ? , will go look at aek later this week what they say there ... ;)
mickojak wrote:
June 30, 2020, 11:50 am

Any updates?
Curious if the medical certificate was actually required when you went in to renew.
Yes medical certificates are always required even if your Thai, we go to the clinic beside the market 200 mtrs before AEK Hospital100 baht and you can wait in the car lol whilst the misses sorts it out

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”