Bangkok Hospital

General Udon Thani topics only!
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Bangkok Hospital

Post by Doodoo » March 30, 2018, 9:01 pm

The Daughter had an unfortunate accident tonight requiring some Outpatient care at Bangkok Hospital

I must say I was impressed with the Staff,(Nurses, Doctor, Attendants, and Security Personnel) in their care for her and also our Family. I was also impressed with the level of English skills that they were able to communicate with me.

Thanks once again to the Staff

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok Hospital

Post by Nigglyb » March 30, 2018, 9:11 pm

We’ve also had to have a couple of outpatient visits to the Bangkok Hospital over the last year & found the experiences excellent. One doctor I saw spoke such perfect English I could have been in a UK hospital
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 30, 2018, 9:38 pm

Expensive Though,In'it ??

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 30, 2018, 9:51 pm

I am talking about the service and not expense

Expensive as to compared to what??????????????

I am not one to say oh she didn't receive the care she need but I did save X number of Baht, whoopee

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » March 30, 2018, 10:04 pm

Happy your daughter is ok.

Never mind the naysayers.

:D

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » March 30, 2018, 10:10 pm

747man wrote:
March 30, 2018, 9:38 pm
I certainly didn’t find it expensive. My treatment was slightly cheaper than the same I’d had in the UK & Mrs N’s was significantly cheaper & better than the UK so win win
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 30, 2018, 10:11 pm

747man wrote:
March 30, 2018, 9:38 pm
You pay for what you get!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 30, 2018, 10:45 pm

Thanks Faraday

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » March 31, 2018, 1:17 am

I had to go to BKK Hospital during my last visit a few weeks ago. In my haste i forgot to pack my water tablets and after a few days my Ankles and legs began filling with fluid. As soon as i entered they took me to there cardiology clinic and after showing them my other meds I was taken to a Cardiologist who quickly diagnosed the prob and gave me a supply of water tabs that dispersed the swellings in a few days. All the staff i met spoke perfect English and were very caring and the Doctor spoke good English. I would certainly recommend BKK Hospital all in all cost me 500 bt.

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » March 31, 2018, 2:02 pm

For many years, RAM was the choice for westerners in CM. Now, Bangkok Hospital has become the gold standard, but it isn't cheap. Eventually price does become a factor for everyone, whether it is alcohol prices or hospital bills. If you want to be pretentious; join a country club. Quite a few foreigners are now simply going to the government hospital. Mostly great outcomes, with often long waits. So it would seem like pricing is a factor for most.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 31, 2018, 2:26 pm

Have had 3 employment medicals over the last few years performed at the UT BKK Hospital. Always English speaking service starting with the foreign counter liaison officer and continuing through to the nursing staff and doctors. Excellent service and provide an email of all results to myself and the company requesting the medicals.
No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » March 31, 2018, 5:06 pm

Our son was born there 5 years ago next week - he was underweight and had problems breathing on his own. Thankfully he is now hale and harty and fighting fit, but they treated him - and us - with an attitude that showed they really cared - not just as another patient - that is a DISTINCT and important difference to government hospitals, and I think to other private hospitals in town.

Since then we have been in the UK and France and now back in Udon before going back to France in September. When not in Thailand I have been able to contact their International liaison about anything I wanted to know.
Certainly wouldn't go anywhere else, despite the cost - I even use the dentist there!

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » March 31, 2018, 5:46 pm

12 posts and no mention of any hot nurses? BTW, what is the main government hospital here? Also, where is the best facility to donate blood? Is there a blood bank at the government hospital? That can be a good way to have your basic information on their files without actually being ill....THANKS!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”