The Udon Tap -- Open Again!!

General Udon Thani topics only!
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Re: UDON TAP (Sponsor)

Post by Old Grumpy » July 6, 2018, 4:33 am

Glad we got that sorted, you are definitely still open , not that there was any doubt in my mind, but still don't know if you are now open earlier for me to enjoy a pint before going home at lunch time .

Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: UDON TAP Dissaperance Clarfied (Sponsor)

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 6, 2018, 7:41 pm

Good evening ALL ..

Just logged on for the first time n several days , ney weeks and read the Tap thread .. to clarify ...

I have not dissapeared , i am alive kicking and enjoying some new pass times ..one of which is skateboarding !!!

Busy with 3DM our wholesale booze bizz , now we have office space in Bkk and a new regional office and store is under construction in Buriram , this said our HQ remains in Udon next door to The Tap .. this is where i roost when in Udon .

My time is now split between the 3 locations and i can assure all that when in Udon i work closely the owners of the Udon Tap including George , and all pass words etc for face book and UM were all handed over etc ... so no need for any more inaccurate comments made based upon pure guess work with regard to all the above issues.

When we sold the Tap i carried on with a bit of marketing on there behalf as agreed then drifted off into the etha thereafter choosing not to get involved in how the new owners chose in which direction to take the business. when in Udon it is my local as i live next door and i think the beer there is fantastic ;) ..

Suffice to say i have been away from UM posting wise quite some time and upon logging on noticed a few things .. Lots of sponsors advertising banners but not keeping the threads updated , strange but after reading a few it became obvious that most threads for one reason or another more often than not turn into a sh*t fight regardless of the thread topic ... is this the reason postings have dwindled ??? UM today is certainly way different to the past (chern chim early years) when sponsors could honestly say business revenue came via it , there was in general sensible banter and debate in the past now it seems too many just log on to stir the Sh*t and start arguments ..is life for both those here and for others living overseas desperately wanting to live her perminantly so empty and sad this is now a form of enjoyment ??

Just MY OPINION .. im off skateboarding then for a pint at the Tap .... tatty bye

DM .. dissapearing Jon
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » July 6, 2018, 10:37 pm

apologies all jon is back

with no posts on tap which is understandable and nothing on TIT not as clear for over 2 months tongues do start wagging anyhow all clear now

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Re: UDON TAP GUINNESS 180THB PINTS (Sponsor)

Post by Chuchi » July 7, 2018, 8:52 am

Udon-Tap wrote:
April 21, 2018, 8:16 pm
GUINNESS @180THB PER PINT

Hours: Open 4PM to Midnite, Closed Mondays.

Is there a tv screen in the restaurant side?I’m trying to decided where to watch the football Saturday night

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 7, 2018, 12:33 pm

Chuchi wrote:
July 7, 2018, 8:52 am
Is there a tv screen in the restaurant side?I’m trying to decided where to watch the football Saturday night
There's a TV in the riff-raff end but you may need to get in before 8 PM to ensure getting a good seat at the bar. Some regular habitués tend to squat and get sh!tfaced at the picnic tables outside instead.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 14, 2018, 1:59 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
July 6, 2018, 4:33 am
Glad we got that sorted, you are definitely still open , not that there was any doubt in my mind, but still don't know if you are now open earlier for me to enjoy a pint before going home at lunch time .
@ OLD GRUMPY ...

Got back into Udon yesterday and mentioned opening hours to the Tap guys ... seems they are planning to change things a bit regarding opening times , as soon as staffing rotas n personal are sorted will be opening at 12 noon for a small lunch menu n beers of course , its seems quite a few customers like to partake earlier than the current 4pm opening times . This should be sorted and operational with in the next 1-2 weeks .

A point to note .. and absolutely no bias here just saying as i find my experiences .

I noticed they had added a new imported steak on the menu so thought i would try one ... i eat steak all over the place on my travels including Bkk (crazy prices) but must say the steak i ate in the Tap last night was the best i have ever had in 20 years here in Thailand , NEW ZEALAND SOUTH ISLAND GRASS FED , choice or ribeye or sirloin , nice size 350-400g cut cooked medium rare , i had the ribeye n it came with potato wedges salad n pepper sauce ... a few of our old regulars in situ so stayed n had a few beers so cant be exact on the menu price n dont really look at prices where ever i choose to eat .

Again before anyone accuses me of back slapping and bollocks like that ... i live next door its handy , if i had a ---- meal i would say so .. BUT I DIDNT quite the opposite .

In between slavations I commented how good it was and Geprge confirmed the steaks are also gonna be sold chilled/frozen to take away .... no sign of him yet today but will ask the menu price of the one i ate last night .

Disclaimer - Paul , Emm n George the owners of the Tap are unable to log in to UM for some reason so said i would drop on a update opening time issues etc....

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » July 14, 2018, 3:43 pm

best news about opening times I,ve heard , for a good while ...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 15, 2018, 11:40 am

tamada wrote:
July 7, 2018, 12:33 pm
Chuchi wrote:
July 7, 2018, 8:52 am
There's a TV in the riff-raff end but you may need to get in before 8 PM to ensure getting a good seat at the bar. Some regular habitués tend to squat and get sh!tfaced at the picnic tables outside instead.
Just to keep you apprised of the UTTH's concern for the health and safety of their customers, fall arresters will be available for those unfamiliar with using the picnic tables outside.
before.jpg
Before
after.jpg
After

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 9, 2018, 11:29 am

Heard a whisper that the Tap may be opening around mid-day later this month, can anyone confirm as there's
nothing on here to even say they are still in business .Strange!
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » September 9, 2018, 12:13 pm

OG you obviously don't use Facebook they have been promoting their new hours for about two weeks now yes they now open at midday.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 9, 2018, 4:23 pm

macca46 wrote:
September 9, 2018, 12:13 pm
OG you obviously don't use Facebook they have been promoting their new hours for about two weeks now yes they now open at midday.
Thanks for that must pop in this week. No I don't use Facebook, far to intrusive for my liking, sure there must be many like me so why not use their sponsored topic and keep us all informed. As I said Strange.
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 9, 2018, 5:03 pm

i was asking myself the same question ? i do not use facebook (show off book) also...is this a crime? ...
and why be sponsor here without any info to the customers ? .... :-k

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » September 9, 2018, 9:44 pm

I believe the Tap stopped being a UM sponsor about 6 months ago. Hence no updates.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 10, 2018, 6:09 am

Adhoc wrote:
September 9, 2018, 9:44 pm
I believe the Tap stopped being a UM sponsor about 6 months ago. Hence no updates.
The topic heading quite clearly shows in big letters "Sponsor" so who are we to believe, but in any case do you have to be a sponsor to reply to other members questions.?
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 9:32 am

The keyboard snipers and gossips are a reason why some sponsors tend to keep mum on UM. These sponsors have their regular customers and they have other avenues for news updates and advertising.

If someone has a complaint, it is always best brought up directly with the sponsor, in person at the point of sale. Otherwsie, contact can be via email, phone call, FB or LINE messaging or a PM.

Posting a complaint, however legitimate, on a public internet forum... well, let's just say nobody really wins except maybe the keyboard snipers, gossips and other habitual misery guts who may never, ever shop or eat there but have personal issues with a sponsor. You know who you are.

FWIW, one doesn't need to be a FB member to view any sponsors FB page; I'm not a FB member. If you click the appropriate button on the FB log-in pop-up prompt (circled in red below), it minimizes and you can scroll their page, see their specials and probably much more importantly, see their alternative contact details if you need to make a complaint.

This public service announcement brought to you by tamada. No fees or other benefits or enticements have been paid, offered or implied by the owners and operators of the UTTH for this service.
fblogin.jpg
Click on the red-circled button

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 10, 2018, 11:23 am

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2018, 9:32 am
The keyboard snipers and gossips are a reason why some sponsors tend to keep mum on UM. These sponsors have their regular customers and they have other avenues for news updates and advertising.

If someone has a complaint, it is always best brought up directly with the sponsor, in person at the point of sale. Otherwsie, contact can be via email, phone call, FB or LINE messaging or a PM.

Posting a complaint, however legitimate, on a public internet forum... well, let's just say nobody really wins except maybe the keyboard snipers, gossips and other habitual misery guts who may never, ever shop or eat there but have personal issues with a sponsor. You know who you are.

FWIW, one doesn't need to be a FB member to view any sponsors FB page; I'm not a FB member. If you click the appropriate button on the FB log-in pop-up prompt (circled in red below), it minimizes and you can scroll their page, see their specials and probably much more importantly, see their alternative contact details if you need to make a complaint.

This public service announcement brought to you by tamada. No fees or other benefits or enticements have been paid, offered or implied by the owners and operators of the UTTH for this service.

fblogin.jpg
Well I presume as the post immediately followed mine it was a reply to me so let me first say I wasn't sniping or complaining in any way, simply asking what hours the establishment was open, believe it or not I was a potential customer. Anyway thank you for your lecture on the many high tec means of communication open to me, however I have no desire to avail myself of any of them .I was asking a simple question about a business located in Udon Thani, so naturally I asked on a forum supposed to be about Udon Thani, not on any online service based possibly many thousand of miles away, does that seem such a peculiar thing to do?
As an experienced marketeer I must wonder why, unless you are selling things on line, why you would want to advertise your wares to such a world wide audience when your customer base is purely local .
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 11:50 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
September 10, 2018, 11:23 am
Well I presume as the post immediately followed mine it was a reply to me so let me first say I wasn't sniping or complaining in any way, simply asking what hours the establishment was open, believe it or not I was a potential customer. Anyway thank you for your lecture on the many high tec means of communication open to me, however I have no desire to avail myself of any of them .I was asking a simple question about a business located in Udon Thani, so naturally I asked on a forum supposed to be about Udon Thani, not on any online service based possibly many thousand of miles away, does that seem such a peculiar thing to do?
As an experienced marketeer I must wonder why, unless you are selling things on line, why you would want to advertise your wares to such a world wide audience when your customer base is purely local .
You presume wrong OG. It was a public service announcement and not in any way a direct response to your last post. In contrast, THIS is a direct response to your last post.

Your new opening hours question has already been answered and I hope that you find time to drop by and become an afternoon regular. Their earlier opening certainly makes it easier for me. I am a once-a-week regular at UTTH but I was unaware of the changes until last Friday because I don't do FB and I didn't stop by over the previous 2 weeks. Is that the sponsor's fault?

Like several other legacy UM members, you are possibly missing the quick and efficient, direct answers from sponsors to the simplest of questions from customers here. Lamenting the loss of this 'personal touch' is very valid and akin to the mom and pop store closing and one having to go to (heaven forbid) Tesco-Lotus instead. It's about sponsors addressing and customers accommodating technological change. It's easier to have several social media advertising streams that address local and not-so local without duplication of effort. Flyers and billboards are mostly redundant these days and have been for several years already. It is a shame that 'word of mouth' appears also to be a much diminished medium, especially as we get older and don't openly socialize as much as we used to but that's not really the sponsor's fault either.

With regard to the keyboard snipers (not you) using these sponsor's pages to take pot-shots and easily post rumor and disinformation all gratis on a forum thread that the sponsor is paying for is all too time-consuming to address and typically ends up in an on-line p!ssing contest. Hence the reticence of some sponsors to post as frequently as they used to. They're also quite busy!

No lecture intended.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 10, 2018, 12:22 pm

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2018, 11:50 am
Old Grumpy wrote:
September 10, 2018, 11:23 am
You presume wrong OG. It was a public service announcement and not in any way a direct response to your last post. In contrast, THIS is a direct response to your last post.

Your new opening hours question has already been answered and I hope that you find time to drop by and become an afternoon regular. Their earlier opening certainly makes it easier for me. I am a once-a-week regular at UTTH but I was unaware of the changes until last Friday because I don't do FB and I didn't stop by over the previous 2 weeks. Is that the sponsor's fault?

Like several other legacy UM members, you are possibly missing the quick and efficient, direct answers from sponsors to the simplest of questions from customers here. Lamenting the loss of this 'personal touch' is very valid and akin to the mom and pop store closing and one having to go to (heaven forbid) Tesco-Lotus instead. It's about sponsors addressing and customers accommodating technological change. It's easier to have several social media advertising streams that address local and not-so local without duplication of effort. Flyers and billboards are mostly redundant these days and have been for several years already. It is a shame that 'word of mouth' appears also to be a much diminished medium, especially as we get older and don't openly socialize as much as we used to but that's not really the sponsor's fault either.

With regard to the keyboard snipers (not you) using these sponsor's pages to take pot-shots and easily post rumor and disinformation all gratis on a forum thread that the sponsor is paying for is all too time-consuming to address and typically ends up in an on-line p!ssing contest. Hence the reticence of some sponsors to post as frequently as they used to. They're also quite busy!

No lecture intended.
i suppose i should thank you for making a public service announcement although i am not sure on whose behalf it was made .I saw no recent evidence on the topic of any sniping or taking pot shots so naturally I asumed it was a reply to me, not realising it was simply you attempting to side track the topic to promote your own agenda, which appears to be your concern with the behaviour of other posters, noticable on other topics as well.I must admit you gave me a laugh though after telling all to read facebook to know what is going on in Udon, you admit you obviously hadn't done so and didn't realise they had changed their opening hours. Somehow i think that makes my point .Maybe see you in there for a pint later this week. :lol:
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2018, 12:50 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
September 10, 2018, 12:22 pm
i suppose i should thank you for making a public service announcement although i am not sure on whose behalf it was made .I saw no recent evidence on the topic of any sniping or taking pot shots so naturally I asumed it was a reply to me, not realising it was simply you attempting to side track the topic to promote your own agenda, which appears to be your concern with the behaviour of other posters, noticable on other topics as well.I must admit you gave me a laugh though after telling all to read facebook to know what is going on in Udon, you admit you obviously hadn't done so and didn't realise they had changed their opening hours. Somehow i think that makes my point .Maybe see you in there for a pint later this week. :lol:
No need to thank me. Your 'natural assumptions' are something that I have no control over. Do you?

As for me 'attempting to side track the topic to promote your own agenda' and mentioning my other forum activities.... well bugger me OG if that's not sniping. By any chance are you a member of the 'bright siders' too?

Look, I'm a semi-regular and don't do FB and I found out about their new opening hours after being told by the owners when I eventually did drop by. Whats so remarkable about that?

Anyhoo, I hope to see you too but not nearly as much as the owners do. I will be the one sitting outside, supping a pint, smoking a stogie and otherwise radiating infinite peace, joy and happiness. Your shout OK?

Cheers

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 10, 2018, 2:43 pm

well , if i would have a business and be a sponsor here , in case fe a restaurant ,i would try to keep the readers informed completely of our exploits , fe posting full menu /drinks and surely prices , any daily specials ?,
promotions ...enc , very important opening/closing hours/days and any changes /exceptions there , updated regularly with pictures and any other changes what so ever , it does not take long to do this ,the only one here who is updating his topic on a daily base is little italian restaurant =D> , looks like the rest don't care or maybe are overwhelmed with customers so why bother at all ?.... :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”