Problems 3BB Amper Muang?

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Problems 3BB Amper Muang?

Post by vincemunday » July 31, 2017, 10:56 am

Is anyone having issues with 3BB in town?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Problems 3BB Amper Muang?

Post by tamada » July 31, 2017, 11:18 am

No problems (just) outside the east ring road.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » August 1, 2017, 3:15 pm

Yes I have problems ,most days have problems watching you tube around 9pm .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 1, 2017, 3:35 pm

Yes it's the same for me, the stream keeps staggering, good to know it's not just here.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » August 1, 2017, 5:42 pm

3 BB always fast and stable in Nong bua lam phu

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 1, 2017, 5:49 pm

It's been rather sporadic here but the engineers are working on the issues we are having, I'm hearing here and there that the other suppliers aren't any better.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 1, 2017, 6:07 pm

It's all the rain. The internet here doesn't like the damp.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 1, 2017, 6:28 pm

It's odd that they hang it from posts here, I bet it works out less economical in the long run, it takes a proper beating with the heat and rain, I'm surprised they don't bite the bullet and put the utilities underground.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 1, 2017, 10:27 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 1, 2017, 6:28 pm
It's odd that they hang it from posts here, I bet it works out less economical in the long run, it takes a proper beating with the heat and rain, I'm surprised they don't bite the bullet and put the utilities underground.
It would be nice, less wires on the poles, but the way things go someone would break the buried cable in no time while digging a trench or water pipe line.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » August 2, 2017, 10:25 am

Download: 35.09 Mb/s | Upload: 7.28 Mb/s | Ping: 108 ms I'm in the jungle on true.that was my speed test just now.my farang neighbours are on bb and have nothing but problems.maybe it's time to look at your provider or at least find a neighbor on true and find out what theirs is saying.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 2, 2017, 3:44 pm

I have to say that after 3 months using 3BB it's been a breath of fresh air having previously been on AIS and TrueH (so called 3 - 4 G).

Only had one outage (4 Hours) when our local power authority cut through the Spaghetti to replace poles on our "so called" Salt Road. A call to their hot-line, 1540, told us exactly what happened. Very apologetic and informative about the situation.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 2, 2017, 5:36 pm

vincemunday wrote:
August 1, 2017, 6:28 pm

Theres plenty of bloomin' pot'oles in the road already without giving them the chance to dig more :evil:

it's far cheaper to pay for the odd erk who falls off a ladder or electricies 'imself up a pole than it would be to keep having the road dug up every 5 mins

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 4, 2017, 12:13 am

I've had more problems tonight with 3BB, anyone else?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 4, 2017, 1:00 pm

tamada wrote:
July 31, 2017, 11:18 am
No problems (just) outside the east ring road.
...still.

I assume you have already tried the PC/laptop/router/modem turn-off, walk away, have a cup of tea, mow the lawn, shower, hide the sausage, smoko and a nap routine?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 4, 2017, 1:14 pm

They've not admitted there's a problem as such but they've given me the "technicians" direct number, and they asked that next time it slows down... looks like he and my missus will be chatting quite a bit then, it used to be fine until we had a pole burn down and it's not been right since.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 6, 2017, 12:27 pm

Just back from a Bkk trip and our3BB internet has been off since last Wednesday evening , just back on 30 mins ago ... total best part of 4 full days without the WWW..

IMO 3BB after service is Sh*T ,,, we are quite close to their office and had to go round for info at least twice , we were told lies about a big junction box burn out ... the techinian confirmed this was in fact BS and the office staff showed a total lack of interest even after explaining we need the internet to run our businesses . So we pay our monthly fee to have continuous internet excess .. but no refund for the days we are without the service .4 ot of the 6 days this month SO FAR.

Question ... are True and or TOT the same any experiences or advice on the best internet provider here in Udon

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 6, 2017, 12:32 pm

Jon, I rang them and told them I wanted a refund when I was down for a few days, and they rebated me on my next bill. From what I'm hearing 3BB are still the best, thought about changing over but was warned not to. I've had a few speed issues of late but they're working on it.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » August 6, 2017, 2:40 pm

Jon:

I have been quite happy with ToT. Some minor glitches but usually sorted out quickly.

I had a problem at first dealing with the Bangkok support line. But I got the number of the local technician so now just call him direct.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » August 6, 2017, 2:50 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 6, 2017, 12:27 pm
Just back from a Bkk trip and our3BB internet has been off since last Wednesday evening , just back on 30 mins ago ... total best part of 4 full days without the WWW..

IMO 3BB after service is Sh*T ,,, we are quite close to their office and had to go round for info at least twice , we were told lies about a big junction box burn out ... the techinian confirmed this was in fact BS and the office staff showed a total lack of interest even after explaining we need the internet to run our businesses . So we pay our monthly fee to have continuous internet excess .. but no refund for the days we are without the service .4 ot of the 6 days this month SO FAR.

Question ... are True and or TOT the same any experiences or advice on the best internet provider here in Udon

Dm
My experience with 3BB has been much better than TOT in every category: cost, service, speed, etc. Only an occasional problem with 3BB. I suspect any provider will have issues. When there is an occasional outage I use my phone as a hotspot to connect to AIS internet service if I really have to use my laptop. The one thing I have found about 3BB is that complaining or going to one of the local offices is a waste of time. Better to call their number 1530. The service reps there have always resolved the few issues I have had in a reasonable amount of time.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 6, 2017, 2:51 pm

Charlieb wrote:
August 6, 2017, 2:40 pm
Jon:

I have been quite happy with ToT. Some minor glitches but usually sorted out quickly.

I had a problem at first dealing with the Bangkok support line. But I got the number of the local technician so now just call him direct.
I'm of the opinion that it's not so much the company you have, but the quality of the connection, to include the number of people that your line is serving. You can have great speed with AIS in one part of the city, but bad in another. As for service, I've found TOT easy to deal with......especially if you have the name of the local technician serving your area.
I'm 18km outside of the city......no idea how many customers my area lines serve, but I watch netflix, youtube, other videos without any disruption. With the few power outages we've had the past few months due to storms, once the power comes back on, my connection comes right back up. I've seen worse connections/service in southwestern Texas!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”