Shipping Australian purchases to Thailand

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Shipping Australian purchases to Thailand

Post by tamada » July 17, 2017, 2:09 pm

Not sure if this is the correct forum but a Mod can move if required.

I wish to purchase some small bits and pieces on eBay.com.au but none of the sellers do international shipping. There's an outfit called ShipItTo in the US where purchases there can be consolidated and forwarded on to Thailand for a nominal charge. Is there anything similar in Australia? Or maybe there's a member making a short trip there or knows someone coming up for a holiday.

Thanks!
tam

jackson
udonmap.com

Re: Shipping Australian purchases to Thailand

Post by jackson » July 18, 2017, 5:52 pm

This is a long shot but just mabe an email /phone call to the Au, embassy in Bkk may know an answer for you.

While I think of it THE AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY WILL NO LONGER OPERATE FROM ITS PRESENT LOCATION FROM THE END OF JULY... I SPOKE TO THEM PERSONALLY A WEEK AGO AND THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME.......I didnt ask them the new address. I understand the present land they are on is up for sale. Most may already know this , some may not.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 18, 2017, 5:55 pm

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 19, 2017, 11:27 am

I go to australia and back every month.
I could bring things back, no problem,
But I would want to personally check everything myself, (for drugs etc) and if needed to be put in baggage would cost extra as I usually travel budget airlines with no luggage.

You can PM me if you want.
Mick

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » July 19, 2017, 1:29 pm

Tamada, I have bought hundreds of items from ebay in Australia, the largest being footy jerseys (guernseys) and some say do not ship International on their selling sites. I have been in touch with the sellers and explained that I have never had a problem and they agreed and sent the items, costs a little bit more, but at least you get the product.

And I have not notified any authorities, customs sometime check but let it go through.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2017, 2:05 pm

Sport wrote:
July 19, 2017, 1:29 pm
Tamada, I have bought hundreds of items from ebay in Australia, the largest being footy jerseys (guernseys) and some say do not ship International on their selling sites. I have been in touch with the sellers and explained that I have never had a problem and they agreed and sent the items, costs a little bit more, but at least you get the product.

And I have not notified any authorities, customs sometime check but let it go through.
Yeah Sport, I have also had other Aussie vendors who will happily ship overseas despite their eBay listing saying otherwise. I thought these particular guys were up for it too since their product description includes the claim "We ship internationally, just email us." I emailed them and they said they don't even after I mentioned the AusPost option and approximate costs.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » October 7, 2017, 6:10 am

Did you ever get what you wanted, currently in Brisbane leave to come back on 15th skype 0730408589

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”