Notary services attorney

General Udon Thani topics only!
writemotive
udonmap.com

Notary services attorney

Post by writemotive » April 17, 2017, 10:34 pm

Help! Assistance please. Does anyone know of a notary services attorney? Thailand doesn't have state or provincial registered notaries and instead attorneys take a course and then register to perform this service. If you can provide contact info for a notary services attorney, or any attorney who speaks English located in Udon, or suggest where to find one this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Steve

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Re: Notary services attorney

Post by TheSportsBar » April 18, 2017, 12:00 am

2 or 3 shop fronts down at the main entrance to Landmark Plaza. Heading away from the roundabout. Same side of the road.

writemotive
udonmap.com

Post by writemotive » April 18, 2017, 12:06 am

Thank you. I am currently state side and need to send a document by FEDEX. If you pass by and see a street number this would help, or a phone number. I will try a google maps street level view. Thanks again. It a very good start.

writemotive
udonmap.com

Post by writemotive » April 18, 2017, 1:57 am

I found the shop noted in The Sports Bar's reply on Google street view. Do you know if there is a Notary Services Attorney/lawyer available there? Thank you.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 18, 2017, 9:55 am

writemotive wrote:I found the shop noted in The Sports Bar's reply on Google street view. Do you know if there is a Notary Services Attorney/lawyer available there? Thank you.
Yes there is a Notary Services Lawyer to sign and stamp your documents.
I have used them to supply a Notary service for stamping documents to move money within Australia.
You will get your documents stamped and signed and the Lawyer provides another ID document of who she is.
Slightly more expensive to the normal stamping and signing that this shop also provides.
They also have a translation service for documents.

The owners speak English.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 18, 2017, 10:36 am

TheSportsBar wrote:2 or 3 shop fronts down at the main entrance to Landmark Plaza. Heading away from the roundabout. Same side of the road.
I think this is the shop to which you are referring. I think they do Notarial Services, but I don't see it advertised on the website; however, it never hurts to contact them and ask. They all speak English there and I have used them on several occasions over the years for translation services. They do a good job and prices are reasonable.

www.pwtranslations.com
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » April 18, 2017, 11:11 am

I have used them and would consider them expensive.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 18, 2017, 11:41 am

macca46 wrote:I have used them and would consider them expensive.

Agree macca the Notarial service by the lawyer is IMO considered expensive.
But the cost is always relevant to what you want to achieve and how fast.
With this business you get the official seal and not just a red stamp.
I had a lot of money to be transferred between accounts in the Australian Superannuation system and did not worry about the costs as the timing was the most relevant need for me. It was a once in a blue moon requirement.

The shop does provide as I mentioned the normal stamping service that falangs would normally need for their Thai business needs. But once you introduce the lawyer the skies the limit I suppose.

They even did my Usufruct translation and seal for the land office some time ago.

I'm sure there are other lawyers around town if you have time and the convenience to chase them down and they fully understand what you require.

Semperifguy you have the correct shop location on your link but why confuse the matter about what service they provide when others have already advised that there is a notarial lawyer service

Good luck writemotive.

writemotive
udonmap.com

Post by writemotive » April 18, 2017, 7:43 pm

Thank you all. It is great that our community is very supportive. You have helped out a member in need and that is very appreciated. In the states, to get something notarized, is about eight dollars at a postal service shop, $20.00 I think I paid at the US Embassy, Bangkok, but because the lawyers had a hold of it in Thailand, I am sure it is more. TIT. Again, thank you all for your help.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » April 18, 2017, 8:19 pm

I to have used this shop for translation of documents. They do provide a good service if a little expensive.

Would be nice to hear of alternatives in udon that are better value for money

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

writemotive
udonmap.com

Post by writemotive » April 18, 2017, 11:52 pm

Thanks all. I contacted the law offices that came up on a Google search, but none of them could provide the service or contact information for Udon. It was the UM members that came through. Thanks again.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 19, 2017, 9:08 am

I have used Kampan who is a registered Notary Public.
Tel 0868998374 he speaks very good English.

writemotive
udonmap.com

Post by writemotive » April 19, 2017, 7:15 pm

Thanks pal52. I have a options now. I will give him a call. Thanks again. Take care.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2018, 6:10 am

Barney wrote:
April 18, 2017, 11:41 am
macca46 wrote:I have used them and would consider them expensive.

Agree macca the Notarial service by the lawyer is IMO considered expensive.
But the cost is always relevant to what you want to achieve and how fast.
Can you say how much you were charged and for what service? Single document translation and notarization? Number of documents that needed translating/notarizing, etc.?

Ta
tam

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”