SMART TV repair

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

SMART TV repair

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 31, 2017, 1:37 pm

Need some quick info ...can any members assist .

Our LG smart tv in The Tap is on the blink , acting very strange very dull screen and wont turn on etc unable to watch or use .

Does anyone have the contact number of some one that will come round and connect up to a laptop and tell us whats wrong and how to fix it .

Thanks in advance if anyone can help .

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Stevo
udonmap.com

Re: SMART TV repair

Post by Stevo » March 31, 2017, 2:02 pm

If the screen is dark, it could just be the backlight or inverter causing it... cheap to fix.
If it won't power up, or shuts down intermittently, it will probably need a new power board... 2,500 - 3,000 Baht + fitting.
There's a chap on Amphur road that does them,
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Last edited by Stevo on March 31, 2017, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 31, 2017, 2:18 pm

Stevo wrote:If the screen is dark, it could just be the backlight or inverter causing it... cheap to fix.
If it won't power up, or shuts down intermittently, it will probably need a new power board... 2,500 - 3,000 Baht + fitting.
There's a chap on Amphur road that does them, will try to get his number/google pic of shop for you.
That would be great stevo thanks ... i think it could be the backlight .. was hoping to get someone out hook up a laptop n tell us whats wrong ..

Muni
udonmap.com

Post by Muni » March 31, 2017, 4:18 pm

We had our LG 39" HD repaired abut 2 weeks ago by LG service here in Udon (it turned on but shut off almost immediately). Told them the problem. They said it was probably a board (2400 or 2900 Baht depending which one). Because of the screen size, they said they would rather come pick it up. The guy came on time, used his master remote control to go into the reports, saw the shutoffs, removed the back, replaced a board (the 2900 Baht one), and everything worked fine. I was OK with that. He said that was his test board so he took the TV to his shop near Udon Pitt school & would order a new one from Bangkok. He gave me a work order receipt. As promised, a few days later he called to say TV was ready.

When he came to the house, everything worked fine. He told me at the shop he had removed both boards, cleaned out all the dust, etc, then tested the TV again, It worked fine. He turned it on & off for a couple days...no problem so he brought it back. All he wanted was 400 Baht service charge. I gave him a nice tip...2 weeks later and no problems at all
LG Service, 081 934 9142 He speaks ONLY THAI

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 31, 2017, 4:57 pm

Muni wrote:We had our LG 39" HD repaired abut 2 weeks ago by LG service here in Udon (it turned on but shut off almost immediately). Told them the problem. They said it was probably a board (2400 or 2900 Baht depending which one). Because of the screen size, they said they would rather come pick it up. The guy came on time, used his master remote control to go into the reports, saw the shutoffs, removed the back, replaced a board (the 2900 Baht one), and everything worked fine. I was OK with that. He said that was his test board so he took the TV to his shop near Udon Pitt school & would order a new one from Bangkok. He gave me a work order receipt. As promised, a few days later he called to say TV was ready.

When he came to the house, everything worked fine. He told me at the shop he had removed both boards, cleaned out all the dust, etc, then tested the TV again, It worked fine. He turned it on & off for a couple days...no problem so he brought it back. All he wanted was 400 Baht service charge. I gave him a nice tip...2 weeks later and no problems at all
LG Service, 081 934 9142 He speaks ONLY THAI
Many thanks Muni ... we just called the number you posted and then the LG service center direct , they will send a guy round asap.

Stevo again thanks for the time you took to post the pics and google image , went down to that location and the shop has since closed down and empty .

Great info within an hour thanks Udon Map and its members .

DM

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » March 31, 2017, 6:05 pm

May as well jump onboard! Anybody any advice on repairing a Sony TV? is there a service center?
Cheers

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 31, 2017, 7:17 pm

Thanks for your input, Muni. Good news for LG owners!

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » March 31, 2017, 7:28 pm

Taharn road, opposite the TMB bank... about 1.5Km south of the university.
Sony.JPG
Sony2.JPG

Sorry, Jon... my info a bit out of date (I should really get out more, lol)

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » March 31, 2017, 7:47 pm

Thanks, :D

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » April 1, 2017, 4:20 am

Could just be a loose connection - worth tightening all screws so to speak

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 1, 2017, 8:25 am

Stevo wrote:...
Sorry, Jon... my info a bit out of date (I should really get out more, lol)
Businesses come and go but if anyone comes across another, all-brands, hole-in-the-wall, type flat screen television breakers yard, be kind enough to post it up. We have a fairly new TLC flat screen that was mortally wounded in the flit back to Udon 2 weeks ago. Make a handy spare set for my Oval Office if it can be resurrected. I don't think that brand has a dedicated repair outlet but I could be wrong.

Thanks,
tam

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”