Udon Thani FC players

General Udon Thani topics only!
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Udon Thani FC players

Post by vincemunday » February 27, 2017, 10:52 am

A lot of the Udon Thani Players have been eating at my wife's restaurant down Soi Jintakarm. That in itself isn't remarkable, she's a great cook and I eat there quite a bit myself. However, what is remarkable is how lovely, polite and genuinely down to earth these young men are, they are a real credit to their team, they are a pleasure to serve.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

nickboyuk
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani FC players

Post by nickboyuk » February 27, 2017, 11:06 am

Shame our footballers in the Uk aren't the same, although i would admit that my team's players, Plymouth Argyle are an exception to the rule.
ince what is the restaurant's name, I may have to go autograph hunting!!!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 27, 2017, 11:36 am

Nice to read that, Vince. You do say 'young men' and this season, in particular, Udon does have a large number of young players, who may or may not get the chance of 1st XI football, but I suggest here to gain some experience and , as some of the players are from the Muang Thong 'group', maybe Udon's attempt to buy/buy in to a Premier League Club is on ice, but not forgotten altogether.
I take it that your wife's restaurant is independent and not part of the hotel in that soi where, I was told, the players are being accommodated?
I hope (no reason to doubt) that the older, experienced players handle themselves well too. :lol:

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 27, 2017, 11:53 am

I think you'll find it's the players as well as the "trainees", certainly the goalie is one of them, the boys from Côte d'Ivoire stand out with me, their English and Thai is impeccable and they are very respectful to my wife, it's lovely to see, that's not to say the other boys are any different it's just easier for me to communicate with them. Yes the wife is independent and not tied to a hotel, ask the guys I'm sure they'll tell you where she is, my wife's English is very good too.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 27, 2017, 2:52 pm

Maybe we'll be able to give your wife an honorary promotion medal in view of your wife's contribution in keeping them happily fed? :-k [-o<

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 27, 2017, 2:58 pm

Ha ha! I think she's just really happy they go to her, she always comments how lovely they are, isn't it fantastic that young people can be thought of so highly? I'm not so sure the footballers back home would be so polite, they tend to be a bit raucous.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » February 27, 2017, 3:47 pm

nickboyuk wrote:Shame our footballers in the Uk aren't the same, although i would admit that my team's players, Plymouth Argyle are an exception to the rule.
Oh dear Nick. Selective memory. :D

Luke McCormick!

nickboyuk
udonmap.com

Post by nickboyuk » February 27, 2017, 10:55 pm

He has served his time like any other person who has been to gaol. Dennis Wise, Ron Harris all thugs who should have served time for what hey did on the football pitch!!!

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » February 27, 2017, 11:52 pm

How many people did they kill in a hit and run? Bit hard to compare a few nasty fouls with what he did.

That said he's served his time and is, in the eyes of the law, rehabilitated. If he has a conscience he'll still be serving a life sentence having to live with his actions. I'm sure he realises how fortunate he is to still have a professional career.

Back to the original topic, well done to all concerned. With local footy on the rise hopefully the town's youth will benefit from having such role models.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » February 28, 2017, 8:49 am

Where's soi jintakarm

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 28, 2017, 12:32 pm

Drive past wing 23 on your left, at the next crossroads with lights do a left, if you get as far as the roundabout you've gone too far.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”