Yellow house book

General Udon Thani topics only!
mac1966
udonmap.com

Yellow house book

Post by mac1966 » January 27, 2017, 2:43 pm

Anyone recently obtained a yellow book and can confirm what the current requirements are

I looked on the pinned thread but the information is a bit dated and I'm aware how things can change so quickly

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow house book

Post by AlexO » January 27, 2017, 7:07 pm

Was not too much of a problem. Had to get a very recent photo of me and the Missus together, had to have the usual Retirement Extention and have the Village Boss and Big Boss of the Area give me the thumbs up. About 300b each and the ladies helping at the Area office got a wee drop as well. All in all about 1200. Missus was adament if "no do this way,no do" So Aye OK.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » January 27, 2017, 7:17 pm

Really, they must like me. Wife's blue book, new, as got the day before, late afternoon, my passport (copies of all asked for), and since prior to lunch when applying, came back well after lunch, couple hours, and picked up book. For some reason 60 baht sticks in my head, but less than 100.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 28, 2017, 7:54 am

12345 wrote:Really, they must like me. Wife's blue book, new, as got the day before, late afternoon, my passport (copies of all asked for), and since prior to lunch when applying, came back well after lunch, couple hours, and picked up book. For some reason 60 baht sticks in my head, but less than 100.
Think you might be getting confused. Yellow book is free. The 60bht may have been the pink "farang" ID card.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 28, 2017, 9:24 am

Going back to the original question. Your partner needs to do some paperwork verifying you live at that address, also need at least 2 people who live locally to sign some paperwork verifying that they know you and you live there. I also had to provide photographic evidence that we were together. The whole process took about 10 days.
The process is done at the Anfor (sorry if spelling not correct) which for us is a 20Km drive. Thats why we gave the 2 witnesses a small financial drop.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 28, 2017, 9:48 am

When I got my yellow book we also need two witnesses, and paid them I think 200 baht each for their troubles. Nothing is rarely for free here. It is an unwritten code. Something is expected.....

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » January 28, 2017, 10:21 am

trubrit wrote:
12345 wrote:Really, they must like me. Wife's blue book, new, as got the day before, late afternoon, my passport (copies of all asked for), and since prior to lunch when applying, came back well after lunch, couple hours, and picked up book. For some reason 60 baht sticks in my head, but less than 100.
Think you might be getting confused. Yellow book is free. The 60bht may have been the pink "farang" ID card.
I was thinking it was, but didn't want to say, as be wrong in the wrong direction. But in my experiences, all paperwork done and Amphur office, gov't offices, land office has always been extremely minimal cost. Moat free, or simple charges for forms and a stamp, if that. Registering wills, or userfuncts on land titles, all so simple and inexpensive.

Reference to OP, I didn't need any of the requirements quoted above. Must be a my trustworthy face at the offices... :roll:

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » January 28, 2017, 10:50 am

Thanks

So what I need is

Photo of me and Mrs together.
Have two witnesses with one being head man.
Paperwork verify proof of address. Any ideas what this is.
Service is free.
Copy of passport.

Is there anything else many thanks

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 28, 2017, 11:12 am

Goodluck getting it for free, maybe in the city but outside I think you will have to pay otherwise you will get that Thai blank look followed by Mai Lou and Mai Mee...

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 28, 2017, 11:53 am

mac1966 wrote:Thanks

So what I need is

Service is free.
Copy of passport.

Is there anything else

The wifes blue book confirms address.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 31, 2017, 4:17 am

mac1966 wrote:Thanks

So what I need is

Service is free.
Copy of passport.

Is there anything else many thanks

Stating exactly what amphur you will be applying at may get your more specific information. Like most things related to dealing with government offices in LOS, your experience can and will vary.

As for paperwork to verify proof of address, this can be a letter of proof of residence issued by the local immigration office. Immigration will typically need to see proof such as a rental contract. Otherwise the amphur may accept sighting the rental contract accompanied by a copy of the blue book and ID card of the home owner and/or landlord. If living in a home that is in the wife's name, her blue book and ID card (and her) and possibly the wedding certificate. Most amphurs will ask for the passport to be translated.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”