Gun shop

General Udon Thani topics only!
JR
udonmap.com

Gun shop

Post by JR » November 6, 2016, 6:42 pm

Does anybody know if there is a gun shop in Udon or in the vicinity?

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Gun shop

Post by Marcosteffano » November 6, 2016, 6:45 pm

Just out of curiosity,why do you ask this.

fiddlersgreen
udonmap.com

Post by fiddlersgreen » November 6, 2016, 6:53 pm

Dont worry mate hes not after u.

There are several gun shops in udon, but a farang can not own a gun since 2010.
A Thai national must be 27 years old before they can buy a gun.
Hence the brisk sales via social media.
https://www.facebook.com/fiddlersgreenudonthani FOR DELIVERY PHONE US AT 088 315 5838

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 6, 2016, 7:16 pm

The wife keeps asking for me to get her one but I've not a clue why she needs one.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » November 6, 2016, 7:33 pm

fiddlersgreen wrote:Dont worry mate hes not after u.

There are several gun shops in udon, but a farang can not own a gun since 2010.
A Thai national must be 27 years old before they can buy a gun.
Hence the brisk sales via social media.
'

The would you be kind and inform me where they are please.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 6, 2016, 9:10 pm

Missus says next to the police station,which is handy as they give the license for gun.i would recommend getting a new one as you don't know the background of a used one.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » November 6, 2016, 9:18 pm

Quote, "............ as you don't know the background of a used one." unquote.

Can you explain the relevance of this statement? :confused:

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » November 7, 2016, 7:34 am

Bonanza wrote:Quote, "............ as you don't know the background of a used one." unquote.

He is perhaps referring to the possibility that the used gun may be stolen or had been used in a crime and if found in your possession could lead to problems with the police or be confiscated.

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » November 7, 2016, 8:25 am

There are 2 gun shops in Udon. One is not across from the police statin but south across from a tractor dealer that sells blue tractors, make unk. He will give you a load of bs The other is on the road going toward the Ring Road north of the Christian school a couple blocks on thee right. Sorry, I can't put you closer. The fact is the current gov't has closed gun sales and recently on a visit ammo sales have to be recorded. Yes, a foreigner can not buy a gun but a Thai can if the gov't lifts the gun sales ban. I believe attending a firearms safety class is required, at least to join the gun club at the Border Police Training compound. Prices are very high for the weapons. The Thai will have to report tp the police station for fingerprint and had a recommendation from another Thai. We have one pistol and would like to buy another but so far no go. The gun shops north of the Christian school will do most of the paper work for you.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 7, 2016, 8:45 am

tutone wrote:
Bonanza wrote:Quote, "............ as you don't know the background of a used one." unquote.

He is perhaps referring to the possibility that the used gun may be stolen or had been used in a crime and if found in your possession could lead to problems with the police or be confiscated.
Thank you for explaining that for me.seems like we have some confused member on this post.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » November 7, 2016, 9:35 am

Armyvet wrote:There are 2 gun shops in Udon. One is not across from the police statin but south across from a tractor dealer that sells blue tractors, make unk. He will give you a load of bs The other is on the road going toward the Ring Road north of the Christian school a couple blocks on thee right. Sorry, I can't put you closer. The fact is the current gov't has closed gun sales and recently on a visit ammo sales have to be recorded. Yes, a foreigner can not buy a gun but a Thai can if the gov't lifts the gun sales ban. I believe attending a firearms safety class is required, at least to join the gun club at the Border Police Training compound. Prices are very high for the weapons. The Thai will have to report tp the police station for fingerprint and had a recommendation from another Thai. We have one pistol and would like to buy another but so far no go. The gun shops north of the Christian school will do most of the paper work for you.
Army vet the shop on Udon Dutsadi road is on the left going out of town.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » November 7, 2016, 10:28 am

Armyvet wrote:There are 2 gun shops in Udon. One is not across from the police statin but south across from a tractor dealer that sells blue tractors, make unk. He will give you a load of bs The other is on the road going toward the Ring Road north of the Christian school a couple blocks on thee right. Sorry, I can't put you closer. The fact is the current gov't has closed gun sales and recently on a visit ammo sales have to be recorded. Yes, a foreigner can not buy a gun but a Thai can if the gov't lifts the gun sales ban. I believe attending a firearms safety class is required, at least to join the gun club at the Border Police Training compound. Prices are very high for the weapons. The Thai will have to report tp the police station for fingerprint and had a recommendation from another Thai. We have one pistol and would like to buy another but so far no go. The gun shops north of the Christian school will do most of the paper work for you.
Thanx. The only place I know where they sell blue tractors is the New Holland shop on the ring Road near the airport. But that is perhaps not where you mean? The other on Udon Dutsadi Rd, I shall try to find too.
Gary, thank you too. Just saw your post after I posted this.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 7, 2016, 10:54 am

you must get a permit first in amphoe , maybe they will tell to follow shooting lessons at a shooting range ,
you can always stop at the shooting range in the police camp on the road to sakon nakhon , to ask info ,they will know exactly what you need to buy a gun ...they will also know where to buy one.. second hand or new ....
guns are not cheap in los ...even second hand ... ;)

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » November 7, 2016, 11:08 am

There is a small gun shop on Sri Suk Rd. between Naresuan Rd. and Umpher Rd. About three blocks east-southeast of the police station on Sri Suk. It would be on your right as headed from the police station towards Prachak Circle. The shop with the yellow trim and blue motorbike parked in front.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » November 7, 2016, 1:40 pm

Kopkei, I was not asking for advice about buying a gun.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 7, 2016, 3:25 pm

i am sorry for my misunderstanding :shock: , but now i know why your wife want to buy a gun ... :-"

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 8, 2016, 7:32 am

indeed misread,sorry again , people make mistakes , but rude also meaning complaining the people whom want to help? , if you go to the police camp , you will get all the info where all legal gun shops are located ...nothing more nothing less....some people not really worth helping ...maybe my info was of use for other readers..... good luck .... :-#

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 8, 2016, 8:16 am

Well said kopkei,you were only trying to be helpful.i think it was me that mentioned the wife.anyone can make mistakes and it wasn't a big deal.

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » November 8, 2016, 2:58 pm

The gun shop north of the Christian school does not deal in used guns. It is possible to buy a gun from another person but the same hoops must be jumped thru. That shop is basically a sales place with little to no knowledge of guns. The old guy at the other shop has some interesting guns on display, not for sale and he seems fairly knowledgeable. I asked abut a used Browning Hi Power and he mentioned something about me knowing my guns. He had a used S & W Model 19, blue with some rust showing that he wanted 110,000 TB for, the price for a new stainless Model 686. This 2 years ago.
Yes, the New Holland tractor dealer is the one I was referring to.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » November 8, 2016, 5:08 pm

thanx Armyvet. The shop near the tractor dealer is it on the Ring Road opposite side from NH dealer. And was the bs from this dealer or the gunshop? I have had contact with the NH dealer when we looked for a tractor. The other two shops do not sound very promising if one has no knowledge of the merchandise and the other not sell? And I am not and never said I am interested in used guns.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”