Thais asked to not drink and drive for one year to honor His Majesty

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui
udonmap.com

Thais asked to not drink and drive for one year to honor His Majesty

Post by DuiDui » October 16, 2016, 10:15 am

"BANGKOK:-- The Thai people have been requested to not drink and drive for one year in honor of the passing of His Majesty.

Manager of the "Don't Drink and Drive Foundation" Surasit Silapangam made the request yesterday.

Surasit mentioned that His Majesty had worked tirelessly for the Thai people for 70 years. And yet, he said, he did this having himself suffered a serious injury from a road accident that happened in America.

In the accident His Majesty lost the sight in one eye.

"He managed to do all he did for 70 years being only able to see with one eye", said Surasit. "We ask that the Thai people refrain from the bad behavior of drink driving throughout the one year period of mourning announced by the government".

He said this would be a fitting gesture in memory of His Majesty."

..And after one year,it's moore or less back to "normal" or?

udonmap.com

Re: Thais asked to not drink and drive for one year to honor His Majesty

Post by 12345 » October 16, 2016, 10:28 am

Don't know whether to laugh or cry...................

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » October 16, 2016, 10:33 am

..i totally agree..a slap in the face for all the people that get killed every day by drunk drivers..Like the German and his Thailady..German man killed,Thai man fined 7500Bath and NOT ONE day in prison..read moore here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/927 ... t-10894399

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 16, 2016, 11:15 am

My wife said if I kill a dog in my car then expect everyone to run out claiming it's their dog and demand 20,000baht.if the dog chases me up the street and sinks its teeth into me then all the lights will go out in the street and no one knows nothing.shame we are lower than a soi dog.sounds a good idea no drink driving but the only place that will happen is on the moon.i would suggest not cheating,stealing,shooting/stabbing,drug dealing,breeding illegitimate children,working,living in harmony with respect for each other but that's just a dream.i always say there is a social order here in Thailand.thai man,Thai lady,Thai dog,Thai dog flea and lastly farangs.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 16, 2016, 11:26 am

12345 wrote:Don't know whether to laugh or cry...................
Laugh mate...I wonder if the person who come up with this brain wave got himself some more decorations on his uniform for this one.anyway it's the end of Buddha lent today and there's a few dry men out there gagging for a beer after 3 months.probably the second most dangerous day to be on the road behind song Kram.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » October 16, 2016, 12:01 pm

"M" ...you out today, or going for a "walk",, ,c u later Mr T,s . Could do with a lift... :D :D

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 17, 2016, 2:56 am

DuiDui wrote:"... Surasit mentioned that His Majesty had worked tirelessly for the Thai people for 70 years. And yet, he said, he did this having himself suffered a serious injury from a road accident that happened in America.

In the accident His Majesty lost the sight in one eye.
Actually, the crash took place near Lausanne, Switzerland. His Majesty was driving his Fiat with his brother-in-law as a passenger.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”