Light Aircraft - Ultra Light

General Udon Thani topics only!
Leigh1979
udonmap.com

Light Aircraft - Ultra Light

Post by Leigh1979 » September 22, 2016, 1:29 pm

I wan't to ask if anyone is flying or know of any club's for light or ultra light aircraft around Udon Thani, I have seen a few flying about and would like to find out if I can go up with the owner and if possible take lessons to certify for solo flights, I'm an Australian licensed pilot for aircraft up to 5.7 tonne, single engine, fixed undercarriage, thanks for any help... :-k

Byron

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Re: Light Aircraft - Ultra Light

Post by lassebasse » September 23, 2016, 6:36 am

You could take a look at this place: Bird's Paradise Extreme Resort (Facebook) or http://www.thaiskydiving.com/

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » September 23, 2016, 7:09 am

I went int to have a look at this airstrip a month or so ago. It looks abandoned. Goats and horses running around. The main reception building near the entrance to the airfield was closed and looked like it had been that way for a long time... overgrowth everywhere. It was quite sad actually, it looked like somebody had spent millions in US$ building the place (runway with tower,radio/electronics shack,fairly large hangars,motocross course,lake,parachute drop training wire(I think that is what it was used for),old golf carts (thinking about asking somebody about the batteries therein ;) a hotel ( the one thing still being used apparently as staff were changing the linen as I rode by), other stuff I'm sure I have forgotten now). When I got home I searched the internet and found a Facebook page obituary for the Thai pilot owner. It looked like a chap in his 30s?. What a shame.

Anyway, I suppose there could still be some ultralights using the hangar/runway (from the satellite photo the runway is somewhat overgrown as well now) so you could still call email them... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Leigh1979
udonmap.com

Post by Leigh1979 » October 21, 2016, 11:46 am

Thank's for the replies, I will be looking into it...
Byron

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » October 21, 2016, 2:26 pm

rjj04 wrote:I went int to have a look at this airstrip a month or so ago. It looks abandoned. Goats and horses running around. The main reception building near the entrance to the airfield was closed and looked like it had been that way for a long time... overgrowth everywhere. It was quite sad actually, it looked like somebody had spent millions in US$ building the place (runway with tower,radio/electronics shack,fairly large hangars,motocross course,lake,parachute drop training wire(I think that is what it was used for),old golf carts (thinking about asking somebody about the batteries therein ;) a hotel ( the one thing still being used apparently as staff were changing the linen as I rode by), other stuff I'm sure I have forgotten now). When I got home I searched the internet and found a Facebook page obituary for the Thai pilot owner. It looked like a chap in his 30s?. What a shame.

Anyway, I suppose there could still be some ultralights using the hangar/runway (from the satellite photo the runway is somewhat overgrown as well now) so you could still call email them... but I wouldn't hold my breath.
There was an American involved he put up all the money, don't know what happened to him but they crashed 2 x jump planes there a C172 and a C206. A friend of mine from UK used to come up and repack the reserve parachutes for them every 3 months

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”