Did you know this about DRUNK DRIVING in THAILAND..

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » July 16, 2016, 5:12 pm

"The legal limit for drivers in Thailand who have held there licence for more than five years is 50mg of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. For those who have held their licence for less that five years the limit is 20mgs per 100 millilitres of blood.
Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-aus ... YILy3kB.99"

TiT..

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 16, 2016, 6:40 pm

Thanks Mate.
Have often wondered what the limits are. Quite low and comparible with Western limits. A real crackdown would cause havoc both in the Thai and Expat communities.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 16, 2016, 9:01 pm

The only limits are zero, unless you like playing the lottery with your licence and cash.

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » July 16, 2016, 9:04 pm

Totally agree K P,but what's up with having diffrent allowed levels in your blood depending how long you had your D-licence....That was my point...TiT.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 16, 2016, 9:25 pm

Khun Paul wrote:The only limits are zero, unless you like playing the lottery with your licence and cash.
Couldn't give a flying fig about the license or the cash KP........ they are playing the lottery with their AND EVERYONE AROUND THEM's lives =;

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 17, 2016, 6:57 am

The fact that they have different limits is one of life`s big mysteries we forget that in Thailand logic is not in the remit of Law makers or for that matter enforcers.

years ago here you could drive home completely blotto and get away with it, NOW however it would appear that the RTP have cottoned onto the fact that drink driving is bad and also a revenue source, the law in reality has never changed just the implementation. Why they assume if you have had more years driving the limit can be higher I could not even begin to understand except by applying logic, the more experience you have the better driver you are supposed to be, which defies logic as if you are better you would never drink in the first place .

I agree that licence and cash are not that important, BUT being SOBER, you should be able to see problems and avoid them, even when the other driver is completely incapable, however many of us know that stupidity and drinking are a toxic mix, and here we know many Thai nationals have the driving skills of a blind and deaf man at best, add drink and there you have it, insanity on wheels !

Having said that I have seen many Foreigners also adopt the same attitude who assume their driving skills are far superior , ( judging by what I see almost daily , I doubt that ) and that shows a complete lack of respect for the country they are in , most think that the Police will not enforce or assume that cash will get them off .

That is a erroneous thinking but then it is their life or some other person they maim or kill, due to their inconsideration and uncaring attitude as long as it is not me. I am no kill-joy not even a grass, but I either make sure I leave where they are before them , or well after them as I have no need to be involved in their self imposed problems.

End of rant. Have a nice day y'all.

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » July 17, 2016, 3:09 pm

I will add it I've abused this law before but quickly realised I was being stupid. I wouldn't do it in the UK and will not do it again in Thailand. So much easier to take a non drinking relative along even if you don't like um, mines the wife!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2016, 3:27 pm

neeemu wrote:I will add it I've abused this law before but quickly realised I was being stupid. I wouldn't do it in the UK and will not do it again in Thailand. So much easier to take a non drinking relative along even if you don't like um, mines the wife!
That's not being very nice to the misses neeemu .......... I'm sure she quite likes you :lol: :lol: :lol:

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » July 17, 2016, 4:57 pm

Don't drink and drive could be very messy when turning corners
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”