Blood group A negative urgently needed

General Udon Thani topics only!
stevecg
udonmap.com

Post by stevecg » October 14, 2015, 10:36 am

Anybody with Blood group A negative and is willing to give up a couple of pints for a Udon Expat please contact Steve on 0892765996 (URGENT) or call in to the Tbar restaurant.

stevecg
udonmap.com

Post by stevecg » October 14, 2015, 3:20 pm

Sorry another update, blood donors must be under 60

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 14, 2015, 7:12 pm

While the Thai Illogical authorities maintain the stupid age restriction on blood donors it will be harder and harder to get foreigners to donate blood, even the Red Cross Website states 70 but locally they ignore that as it is too difficult to change the mindset. years ago we tried and I did in some small way get the Main General Hospital to accept up to 65, but that seems to have slipped.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » October 14, 2015, 7:52 pm

I am sorry I cant help you
But lets keep it on track, "A NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!! UNDER 60 YEARS OF AGE" people, lets get the word out and help an Udonmap Expat get through this. Give a pint

Contact Steve on 0892765996 (URGENT) or call in to the Tbar restaurant.

Hope everyone can spread the word
Ding

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 15, 2015, 6:19 am

The fella who needs this is a lovely friendly bloke. If anyone has never given blood before it's almost painless but rewarding and only takes a little time. If you are unsure of your blood group, you can find out what it is by donating and it will be revealed. Even if it's not the same type as this man, someone else is sure to benefit. A good opportunity to escape from earache from TGF/Wife. Unfortunately I am the wrong type of blood and diabetic but when I used to donate in the UK many years ago the reward was half a pint of Guinness. SERIOUSLY but then it was only a tea and a biscuit. Hopefully some members can help him. [-o<
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

GourmetMeats
udonmap.com

Post by GourmetMeats » October 15, 2015, 8:45 am

stevecg wrote:Sorry another update, blood donors must be under 60
Guys ......just like to add I went there last night to give blood ....BUT you also CANNOT have any alcohol for at least 24 hours before or smoking for at least 2 hours before....I will go back again today...hope to see more of you there...

Cheers Jimmy

stevecg
udonmap.com

Post by stevecg » October 15, 2015, 1:15 pm

Cheers Jimmy much appreciated.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 16, 2015, 8:53 pm

Khun Paul wrote:While the Thai Illogical authorities maintain the stupid age restriction on blood donors it will be harder and harder to get foreigners to donate blood, even the Red Cross Website states 70 but locally they ignore that as it is too difficult to change the mindset. years ago we tried and I did in some small way get the Main General Hospital to accept up to 65, but that seems to have slipped.
UK - " aged between 17 and 66 (up to 70 if you have given blood before) "

Also UK citizens might be rejected if their residency years were during the Mad Cow years

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 17, 2015, 5:01 am

I understand that some blood has been donated and thanks go to the donor. Donating blood is a rewarding thing to do and if I was still able to do so, I would without any requests or appeals for donation. Thank you once again to the donor.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 17, 2015, 10:17 am

Simple chart to assist those who have the rarer types here in Thailand.

Well done to the Donor.
Attachments
IMG_4116920170761.jpeg

stevecg
udonmap.com

Post by stevecg » October 17, 2015, 6:16 pm

Just a quick update on the blood situation, blood has been taken from a donor and has been given to the gentleman concerned, he is now after a considerable time, on the mend although it will be a slow recovery,
Many thanks to the people that came forward to offer there blood, and especially the donor. It is great to know that you are there if needed.
Many thanks
Steve

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » October 28, 2015, 12:01 am

I managed to donate today after 3 knock-backs from the hospital .... over 13 days!
1. You're blood pressure is too high .... 147/92? (tested twice)
2. You're blood pressure is too high .... 155/97 (come on guys!!! i'm a Farang ... I can donate as long as I'm under 180!!!)
3. What time did you you go to sleep last night? (you have to be in bed before 11.00 (23.00 hrs) so you get 7/8 hrs sleep to oxygenate your blood. .... My reply " I went to bed at midnight (FAIL!) and got up at 9am! ... Failed because I went to bed too late? (even though I had the sleep required!) Blood pressure not checked?
4.Today I tried again .... Monitor failed twice and they had to change the batteries! Passed (I think at 147) and was allowed to donate :-)
I have a history in the UK with high blood pressure but I don't have to take meds ...... (I'm just one of those guys) and a history with donating here in Udon with the Army hospital as well as the government hospital!
A Rhesus negative is very sparse here in Thailand ... I think it's 0.3% of the population!

I believe his name is "Wilfred" He's an Englishman and he STILL needs more blood.His wife of many years (10+) is caring for him every day in I.C.U. ...... Today whilst I donated she had an appointment with a physiotherapist to learn how to come in and give him physiotherapy (nurses and doctors won't do this!) She takes care of all his needs and at the moment he is incapable of even sitting up and talking!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE If anyone out there is A- ..... come and donate..... It gives him the strength to sit up and talk (let alone your blood will help fight the virus he contracted from an insect bite as far as I can make out)
I don't want to give out personnel numbers (sorry Steve) Please contact Steve and Mali (ex Irish Clock) T-Bar if you can help (check previous posts OP)
Bring back Saint

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » October 28, 2015, 12:14 am

The hospital requires .....
1. You have not had alcohol for 48hrs.
2. You have not smoked for 2hrs.
3. You went to bed before 11.00pm the night before.
4. You are under 60yrs old (Farang)
5. Meds don't seem to be a problem.

You're blood will then sent to Khon Khean (to be screened) which takes about 3 days!
Bring back Saint

stevecg
udonmap.com

Post by stevecg » November 1, 2015, 4:47 pm

It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that Mr Wilfred Pemberton passed away in the early hours of 1st November
after a long illness. I would like to thank everybody who gave there support and especially Jimmy and Nick who very kindly came forward and gave blood. Also to Ed who came forward but unfortunately could not give blood.
Wilf was a great character and had many friends he will be sadly missed by a lot of people especially his wife who has spent the last two months + caring for him even down to sleeping on the floor of the hospital,
Thanks to all
R.I.P Wilf

udonman
udonmap.com

Post by udonman » November 1, 2015, 7:50 pm

Was that Wilf the Teacher?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2015, 8:00 pm

Yes RIP Wilf, always happy and cheerful despite his protracted illness .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”