chang beer

General Udon Thani topics only!
timmy
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by timmy » September 2, 2015, 9:17 pm

as if life here is,nt hard enough ,,, chang have now changed the shape of there bottles , they are now taller and slimmer
which you might think is no prob BUT they now dont fit " snug " into my conxxm " ooop,s sorry " foam bottle cooler ,
they wobble about and when you pick your drink up by the neck the cooler falls off , if archa do the same with there botts
it could be the end as we know it ....... :shock:

the-monk
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by the-monk » September 2, 2015, 9:31 pm

ThaiBev consolidates all beers into Chang Classic to shake up market

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busines ... 67087.html

old timer
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by old timer » September 2, 2015, 10:36 pm

timmy wrote:as if life here is,nt hard enough ,,, chang have now changed the shape of there bottles , they are now taller and slimmer........
it could be the end as we know it .
Looks like it is the end timmy, talking about a major concern of yours that is; the shape of a bottle.
When you didn't have to get up off the sofa to change TV channels because remote controls came with color TV's, did you find that equally confusing.
Anyway, you must have coped with that eventually , although I can see that the shape of a bottle being more of a challenge.

OT.......... \:D/

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 2, 2015, 11:15 pm

555+
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

wazza
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by wazza » September 3, 2015, 4:12 am

Has the quantity contents of the bottle ie 330 ml / 33 cc changed ?

Normally things like this happen with a down grade of the product in size etc and they use marketing changes so people focus on the size of the bottle and not the amount they drink per bottle.

Cadburys a classic example, make the block, thinner, same cubic size, but reduce the weight of the block.

Get use to floppy condoms Timmy, it catches up on most of us at some stage.

wazza
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by wazza » September 3, 2015, 4:20 am

And the Winner is CHANG BEER for scamming the drinkers of Thailand !!

The new Chang Classic bottles come in two sizes -
320cc
and 620cc

wazza
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by wazza » September 3, 2015, 4:33 am

that's 3% per bottle, and over 33 beers later, u have lost 1 bottle !

papafarang
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by papafarang » September 3, 2015, 6:43 am

actually it's a completely new beer, I suspect it's the export version in a nice bottle, they keep it to 5.5 vol due to taxes abroad i.e. the uk tax on alc content, a close inspection of the label you realize the name of it is now "classic beer", the original "classic " is now but a memory, so for classic pissheads ,grab the last 6.5 version while you can. all marketing bunkem. I do like the new look, jumping on to premium market tails of Heineken and Carlsberg band wagon and reducing costs at the same time
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by thaiguzzi » September 3, 2015, 1:58 pm

Dean, it's not been 6.4 for a while now. went down to 6.0, then 5.8. Went back to Blighty in April/May, came back, horror of horrors! and it's 5.fu##ing5! It's the only Thai beer i can drink, well Leo in an emergency, as you know, i like a large glass FULL with ice, and anything else inc Leo/Singha/Tiger just tastes like pi##/water. I know it gets slagged off by girls, and blokes who can't drink proper beer, but this is important disturbing news. Right up there with Red Shirts terrorising BKK and coups etc. Depressing. One day, perhaps, we will be able to buy Beer Lao locally, at a decent price, as a viable quality alternative.

wazza
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by wazza » September 3, 2015, 2:05 pm

Beer Lao is a Makro and approx 45 B a bottle per carton last time i bought some.

papafarang
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by papafarang » September 3, 2015, 3:12 pm

oh if only we could have beer lao, but not at that price
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

747man
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by 747man » September 3, 2015, 6:01 pm

papafarang wrote:oh if only we could have beer lao, but not at that price
Loads of it "Over The Bridge " in the Duty Free,I Think about 30 Baht per bottle by the case.....Get Travelling Young Dean... :lol: :lol: :lol:

old timer
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by old timer » September 3, 2015, 7:40 pm

747man wrote:
Loads of it "Over The Bridge " in the Duty Free,I Think about 30 Baht per bottle by the case.....Get Travelling Young Dean... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you mean the bridge to Laos?

OT............... \:D/

747man
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by 747man » September 3, 2015, 10:10 pm

old timer wrote:
747man wrote:
Do you mean the bridge to Laos?

OT............... \:D/
Think You've had Too Much Shiraz.......Go Away,Fool....Which Bloody Bridge do yer think I Meant........The Golden Gate in San Francisco ???????

old timer
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by old timer » September 3, 2015, 10:25 pm

Hehehehe

OT.......... \:D/

Deacz9
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by Deacz9 » September 4, 2015, 10:35 am

Drinking Chang always gave me a hangover (Changover) even as little as 2 large bottles. I can usualy get through 4 or 5 large Singha or Leo (stopped drinking Leo as it seemed to make me bloated) and never a headache. It can't have been twice the strength, I suspected some additive, formaldahide, borax, industrial alcohol, :D only joking :-$
I liked the taste of Chang Export, (discontinued now I hear from vendors in UD, using up old stock) and didn't get the bad head the morning after, but found 50% of the time the bottled version was realy cloudy when poured into a glass, the can no problems. The same UD vendor told me the new bottle is Export rebranded as classic. Taste will tell if thats true! And condition of my head the next day after consuming several. Might do the test over the weekend!

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by thaiguzzi » September 4, 2015, 5:23 pm

wazza wrote:Beer Lao is a Makro and approx 45 B a bottle per carton last time i bought some.
If that is the price for the big bottle, then that's a good price for over here, and i'll be stocking up on supplies next time i'm in Udon. If it's the small bottles, then no i won't.

papafarang
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by papafarang » September 4, 2015, 6:27 pm

sadly the small ones guzzi, maybe after this asean thing kicks in I might become cheaper, can only hope

BigBubba
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by BigBubba » September 5, 2015, 2:35 pm

Many companies are changing the packaging of their products. Evidence the new 8.5 oz Coca Cola CAN (yes, aluminum can) below:
20150903_144859.jpg
Every day I wake up is a good day.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

chang beer

Post by FrazeeDK » September 5, 2015, 4:25 pm

I'd place no bets on AEC reducing any prices of ASEAN imports despite many promises.. The Beer Lao brewery in Savannakhet was built back around 2006 with a huge capacity.. It was in anticipation of the lowering of alcohol tariffs to 5% or less which was supposed to happen back then.. It didn't.. Both sides weaseled out of it...
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”