General Udon Thani topics only!
astrid
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by astrid » August 7, 2014, 5:07 pm

Hi folks !

I am going to Pattaya soon to go budget to Cambodia
for a double Visa ( first time ), anybody that can give me information
for the best way to go there and what it would cost me ?
Use one of the agents in Pattaya or go by my self ? any help, info usefull.

Im intend to stay in Phnom Pehn 4-5 nights as well, and hope to get
some info about a good guesthouse near the city for around 7-10 Dollars.
How much is the fee/Visa to enter Cambodia ?

Happy for any news & information.

Thanks, Bo.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by BobHelm » August 7, 2014, 5:46 pm

Cheapest visa is a Tourist Visa when you arrive. $20 for 30 days.

Air Asia will do you a return for about 4,800 Don Mueang to Phnom Penh.
Bangkok Airways would be about 7,200.

It is possible to go overland, not that I have or would try it.

Can't recommend a guest house sorry but I am sure the web has plenty of choice.
Personally I would suggest getting something close to Riverside if at all possible.. Although that is where the night life is it is also near to the Palace & market & about the only place to walk - rather than ride...

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by Aardvark » August 7, 2014, 6:10 pm

Let us know how it went when you get back. Trip Advisor have a small selection of Places to stay at various prices ...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by BobHelm » August 7, 2014, 6:23 pm

http://www.agoda.com/en-gb/pages/agoda/ ... 5430324635

Agoda have quite a few - this is their low to high price list...

Macca
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by Macca » August 8, 2014, 3:44 am

I've done the Pattaya - PP trip twice and NEVER again. I put the 1st time down to bad luck but it was even worse 2nd time round.
The fancy air con bus on the adverts never appears and it's all the way on an overcrowded mini bus.
The wait at the borer just drags on and on.
When you arrive there everyone is selling tickets, once you cross over the border no one wants to know you.
Once you cross the border the state of the roads deteriorate rapidly and makes for a very uncomfortable journey.

Look at Air Asia they have some good promotions to PP.
Get an e visa and save time once you arrive at PP airport.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by trekkertony » August 8, 2014, 5:06 am

Try 'travelfish' as a search engine for accommodation, they specialize in budget backpacker/hostel/hotels * and ** varieties. Can reccommend coming overland via boat from Pnom Phen to Siem reap then bus through to Thailand. Be prepared for a lengthy stop of up to 4 hours unless things have changed in the last 2 years at Poipet Immigration.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by Lao-miner » August 8, 2014, 4:26 pm

Lao airlines to PP if you dont mind a trip to vientiane, short flight to, It continues on to ho chi minh , cost about $200 last time i went but that might of been a promo, Also bear in mind its cheaper to buy lao airlines tickets from an agent rather than online for some obscure reason.

The Bookhouse
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by The Bookhouse » August 14, 2014, 1:33 am

My experience... I have been to Cambodia loads of times in the past 8 yrs or so, only went once overland, not counting pre paid visa runs from Pattaya,

If I remember right, border closes early so u need to be at Pattaya klang at 6 in the morning, to get big bus to trat, then get mini bus to hat lek, as I'm writing this I'm really doubting my memory, so it cannot be relied on.

This way is good if u are going to sihanoukville, but if you are going to PP then it's best just to fly. Although things get easier from there. To get back to Thailand is easy, PP Siam reap and sihanoukville all do sort of direct mini buses. My opinion is... Fly to Phnom Penh, do ur stuff, get mini bus from pp to sihanoukville for about 5 dollars, sometimes with wifi, have a few days on the beach, 50 c beers, great seafood and deserted beaches. From there u can buy a ticket to koh chang, Bkk and Pattaya, unlike overland to Cambodia, when the bus drops you at the border, people will greet you on the other side and direct you to your next minibus. Sometimes can wait a bit depending on how many to Bkk or Pattaya etc, I've gone from sihanoukville to Pattaya many times. Leave sihanoukville about 8 am, I'm in Pattaya about 7pm I reckon,

The Bookhouse
udonmap.com

Going to Cambodia.

Post by The Bookhouse » August 14, 2014, 1:39 am

If you decide to go to sihanoukville and you want to know anything just ask, I've spent a lot of time there, and can direct you to ur kind of place.. Don't know PP as well, although could help there too. Happy trip mate.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”