New Arrival

General Udon Thani topics only!
stereolab
udonmap.com

New Arrival

Post by stereolab » June 27, 2014, 7:05 pm

I am a new arrival to this forum, I have retired from the UK, ex military, and live about an hour and a half from Udon, with my Thai wife. Strangely enough I seem to be even busier here, looking after fields of various crops and the families 3 gardens, Mother in Law lives in the next house, and the family has a 3rd house next door. I have been an active lurker recently, and hope to be able to post on various interesting matters.

Over the past 18 years I did the Pattaya thing , also spent time in Bangkok and Phuket, however these are places I now avoid like the plague. Udon suits me, like everywhere else it has its share of problems and lack of certain facilities, but on the whole its the place for me.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

New Arrival

Post by stattointhailand » June 27, 2014, 11:24 pm

Welcome stereolab, as an avid "lurker" you will realise that many on here do try to see the lighter side of the worlds problems :lol: Your comments on any subject will be welcomed, and probably argued with, but mostly in a "devils advocate" or "tongue in cheek" manner :-"
Which direction are you about an hour and a half from Udon in?
East, West, or South (I'm assuming that you were not referring to an hour and a half's walk which would bring North into the equation) :-k

stereolab
udonmap.com

New Arrival

Post by stereolab » June 27, 2014, 11:32 pm

I can see Vientiane from our upstairs window.

GT93
udonmap.com

New Arrival

Post by GT93 » June 28, 2014, 10:32 am

Welcome stereolab. However I do hope not too many see the light like you and head for Udon. I don't want Udon being over-run by farang. Some posters might like that. Some might even say it happened long ago.

Your set up seems similar to my wife's family farm in Sisaket. I love visiting there and think of retiring there rather than Udon. Unfortunately I think it will be another 20 years before I retire.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stereolab
udonmap.com

Sisaket

Post by stereolab » June 28, 2014, 1:05 pm

We visited Sisaket last year, and I was very impressed, it looks a nice area to settle down. Did not have the time to check out farang food outlets however. I agree that numbers of farang in Udon need to be kept down.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”