Udon in the news

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » June 5, 2014, 8:36 am

"The Udon Thani model will set the stage for sustainable happiness in Thailand
Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politic ... nity-model. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politic ... nity-model

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » June 7, 2014, 7:49 am

On my ride the other day went back by the UDD location,things were much more relaxed then during the last few weeks. Military is still there. But, they were no blacking traffic a they did before. I hope things stay peaceful, going back to what we saw over the last ten years, is not a good option.

This is a part of getting the parties to talk here in Udon.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politic ... 35687.html
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by merchant seaman » June 7, 2014, 8:25 am

Army no longer posted at the traffic lights between Big C and Tesco's out in Na-Dee
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » June 7, 2014, 8:43 am

Things are much more relaxed now, hope it stays that way.

boes
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by boes » June 7, 2014, 4:21 pm

Hope we are moving in the right direction..... (?)

rreddin
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by rreddin » June 7, 2014, 6:13 pm

boes wrote:Hope we are moving in the right direction..... (?)
Unless you know where you want to get to, how do you know which is the right direction? The reality is that PRDC and UDD are products of the divisions within Thailand, both economically and socially. Neither of them is the cause of those divisions.

Discussiong the causes of those divisions is prohibited by the military junta and the censorship imposed in this forum. I will content myself to observing that, notwithstanding that the facilitators may genuinely believe they were trying to bring about reconcilliation, the meeting in Udon Thani abetween representatives of PRDC and UDD was only a PR exercise.

boes
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by boes » June 7, 2014, 7:46 pm

The right direction is talking not fighting. Accept a bit of "dead space" to obtain this is in my opinion very acceptable.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by jackspratt » June 7, 2014, 8:44 pm

boes wrote:The right direction is talking not fighting. Accept a bit of "dead space" to obtain this is in my opinion very acceptable.
If history is any guide, the trough will not change - only the snouts with the most immediate access. :cry:

But let's hope I am wrong in this case. :-k

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » June 8, 2014, 8:34 am

About the only thing we can do is be glad they kept a lid on things and hope it holds.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by Earnest » June 8, 2014, 5:14 pm

rreddin wrote:Unless you know where you want to get to, how do you know which is the right direction? The reality is that PRDC and UDD are products of the divisions within Thailand, both economically and socially. Neither of them is the cause of those divisions.
Agree with that but I would go further and describe them as the tools fashioned to shape and influence control of the nation. Both groups are used by the grown ups in that power struggle.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

parrot
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by parrot » June 8, 2014, 6:51 pm

It's pretty common knowledge that students don't question the teacher in schools here. So, if the teacher wants the kids to believe that 2+2=5.....and to believe it with a smile on their face, I believe they'll believe it....at least while the teacher is present.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by fatbob » June 8, 2014, 7:05 pm

I was concerned about another military coup in Thailand however my tune is changing as some major progress is being made against the tuk tuk and taxi maffia's and on land enchroachment, they are in there doing it, I only hope they can keep up the momentum, if they can clean up these cartels over the whole of Thailand it will become a better place, my only worry is that new cartels will move in, fingers crossed that they can clean up the country.

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » June 9, 2014, 8:57 am

I think this is an important step. But, this is still only half the problem

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 35756.html

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » July 19, 2014, 9:29 am

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by JimboPSM » July 19, 2014, 11:41 am

bumper wrote:Just getting bigger and bigger

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 38911.html
Including the title of the article, condo (or variants condos, condominium or condominiums) was mentioned 12 times.

If one was a touch cynical, this might suggest that the article is not actually a report but a plant by a condo developer (or developers) with lots of condos they want to sell :-k
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » July 19, 2014, 12:22 pm

Who here isn't cynical :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey! good advertising for the rest of us though.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by merchant seaman » July 19, 2014, 1:07 pm

The article said many foreigners were buying Condos in Udon. I hope they weren't the ones abusing the visa regulations and relying on 30 day tourist stamps.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

pomps
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by pomps » July 20, 2014, 7:38 am

Presumably good way to bring in dirty money from abroad,sell on for clean money if no visa class requirements needed for condo purchase.At least take a copy of purchasers passport surely :-k :D 8)

bumper
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by bumper » July 21, 2014, 9:00 am

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Udon in the news

Post by JimboPSM » July 21, 2014, 3:02 pm

Yes, that certainly appears to have nailed it :lol:

Sadly it is a fact of life that if something is said often enough and long enough there are plenty of gullible people with unquestioning minds that will believe it (e.g. the Fox News business model) :(
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”