Curfew

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Curfew

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 6:13 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 6:09 pm
Well, I can see the travel ban happened, did the curfew?
Prueng-nee khrap.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 6:15 pm

Yes tomorrow
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 6:20 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 6:07 pm
...I still think it would be headline news and there was actually a bust of a party elsewhere that involved drugs, booze and loud music and I think it’s part of the rumour mill. ...
https://news.ch7.com/detail/404394

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 6:44 pm

Thanks for the clip, makes things a bit clearer, it wasn’t exactly just a bunch of mates having a drink, it was a full scale party with cars and bikes blocking the road, think the sentence was a bit harsh but at the end of the day I guess the rules are the rules.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 7:55 pm

^ Mrs tam advises that the 12 arrested have gotten the max fine of 40,000 baht AND the max jail sentence, 2 years. Tough for a bunch of guys who were apparently celebrating losing their jobs and having a farewell get together before going home... or maybe that was one of their pleas for leniency?

Harsh indeed but maybe they need to make some examples early on to get the undivided attention of this lot?

Did you read about the Thai guy who called the cops on his wife's back yard neighborhood card games. Ballsy eh?

I wish you good luck with those wayward nephews BTW!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 2, 2020, 8:21 pm

Busted at 10.00pm last night (according to the C7 report), and today sentenced to 2 years in jail (plus).

Summary justice?

Amazing when you consider it has taken nearly 8 years, and the despicable little ----- from Red Bull is yet to front the bench.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 8:41 pm

tamada wrote:
April 2, 2020, 7:55 pm
I wish you good luck with those wayward nephews BTW!
They aren't so bad, pretty much abandoned as kids, you know how it goes. Over all probably better than I was at their age. I'm sure they'll abide by the curfew, if not they're between a rock and a hard place because Loong won't bail them out.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 8:44 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 2, 2020, 8:21 pm
Busted at 10.00pm last night (according to the C7 report), and today sentenced to 2 years in jail (plus).

Summary justice?

Amazing when you consider it has taken nearly 8 years, and the despicable little ----- from Red Bull is yet to front the bench.
Yes Dorothy. This ain't Kansas.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 2, 2020, 8:54 pm

From the US embassy;

Mod: The link provided was incorrect, so I have removed it.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 8:59 pm

glalt wrote:
April 2, 2020, 8:54 pm
From the US embassy;

https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/#al ... GpmdcdrpJV
Glalt check your link

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 2, 2020, 9:15 pm

Well kids that was 9 hours of back and forth horse manure. Isolation must be playing games with your minds.
Well not all you kids, as some of you seem to be out and about a lot.
Go to bed now and practice for the curfew tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 9:15 pm

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 2, 2020, 10:47 pm

tamada wrote:
April 2, 2020, 8:44 pm

Yes Dorothy. This ain't Kansas.
You and Mick should get together (before 10pm of course) and compare your misquotes. :-s

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 3, 2020, 6:46 am

Nationwide night curfew starts Friday

All people in Thailand are banned from leaving home from 10pm to 4am starting Friday in the government’s latest move to contain the spread of coronavirus.
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced the curfew on Thursday evening.
Exempted from the curfew are medical and banking personnel, as well as logistic workers handling consumer products, farm goods, pharmaceutical products, medical supplies and equipment, newspapers, petrol, postal parcels, or products to be imported or exported. Movements of people to quarantine places are also allowed.

Other exemptions are people working normal night shifts or those heading to or from airports with necessary documents stating the purposes, or officials working by the announcements or orders and those allowed by officials to leave the house on emergencies.
Violation will result in a jail term of not more than two years and/or a fine not more than 40,000 baht.
Nationwide night curfew starts Friday
Govt temporarily blocks all travel

Existing curfew orders or announcements in any province with stricter requirements shall remain in effect.

Read it and pay attention, this time there is no mis-understanding

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 3, 2020, 6:57 am

A further more explicit update from the Nation Newspaper.

The premier announced the curfew during a meeting with the Covid-19 Situation Administration Centre today (April 2). However, he said, the curfew will not apply to medical workers or patients.
As of Friday (April 3), people will be barred from going outside from 10pm to 4am nationwide, with the exception of medical workers, those transporting goods, farm produce, medical supplies, fuel, parcels, goods for export or import, transporting people to quarantine sites, those working on the night shift, and those coming from or going to airports.
Violators of the curfew stipulations will be subjected to two years in jail and/or a fine not exceeding Bt40,000 as per Article 18 of the Emergency Decree.
Provincial authorities have been given the jurisdiction to continue enforcing their existing measures, which are similar, or make them more stringent in line with the curfew announcement.
PM urges people not to panic and hoard supplies

During his declaration of the curfew on national television on Thursday evening, the prime minister called on people not to panic or start hoarding consumer goods and food as they can still shop for goods during the day.
He assured the public that Thailand has sufficient medical supplies to deal with Covid-19 and plans to procure additional supplies from overseas. He also urged Thais to strictly practice social distancing.

The prime minister said Thailand is ready to ramp up the capacity of all hospitals, dormitories and hotels nationwide to serve Covid-19 patients, whose medical costs will be covered by related state health and medical funds.
Prayut has also ordered the establishment of a centre to oversee the distribution of masks and medical supplies.
He reiterated that Thailand banned the entry of foreigners, except diplomats and work-permit holders, since the state of emergency was imposed.
The authorities reported 104 new Covid-19 infections and three more deaths today, bringing the nationwide toll to 15 and total number of cases to 1,875.
All public transport will be suspended nationwide from 9.30pm to 4am from tomorrow (April 3) in line with the curfew, Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob said.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 3, 2020, 9:12 am

glalt wrote:
From the US embassy;

That link works on my computer as does the link tamada posted. I copied the link from the site and pasted it in the post.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 3, 2020, 10:15 am

glalt wrote:
April 3, 2020, 9:12 am
glalt wrote:
From the US embassy;

That link works on my computer as does the link tamada posted. I copied the link from the site and pasted it in the post.
If the link you posted was to an email you received (as it appears), that link will work for you but no one else.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 3, 2020, 10:24 am

Udon Map wrote:
April 3, 2020, 10:15 am
glalt wrote:
April 3, 2020, 9:12 am
glalt wrote:
From the US embassy;

If the link you posted was to an email you received (as it appears), that link will work for you but no one else.
Yes, I copied the link from gmail. Sorry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 3, 2020, 11:23 am

Mrs tam's oldest niece who works for Big C has been told they will all close at 9 p.m. so that workers can get home before 10 p.m. This includes their mini Big C outlets. I would think that 7-eleven, Tesco-Lotus Express and others may be doing the same? Keep that in mind if one runs out of smokes and lao khao after 9 p.m.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 3, 2020, 12:07 pm

tamada wrote:
April 3, 2020, 11:23 am
Mrs tam's oldest niece who works for Big C has been told they will all close at 9 p.m. so that workers can get home before 10 p.m. This includes their mini Big C outlets. I would think that 7-eleven, Tesco-Lotus Express and others may be doing the same? Keep that in mind if one runs out of smokes and lao khao after 9 p.m.
If one does run out then it is due to P P Planning and nothing else …………………….lol

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”