Curfew

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Curfew

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 12:30 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 2, 2020, 11:24 am

Read BKK Post there it was as a paragraph, Udon Thani Curfew 2200- 0500 everything shut !

Cant recall that .. LINK ?
Per my earlier post.

Confirmation and details from the usual reliable UM sources will follow but this was in Bangkok Post earlier today.

"In Udon Thani, the provincial governor, Nirat Pongsitthithaworn, ordered a similar closure of all restaurants, convenience and grocery stores, between 10pm and 5am until April 30."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... i%E2%80%AC
Last edited by tamada on April 2, 2020, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 12:42 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 11:25 am
I know it's difficult for you Paul but read up above, we've already established the convenience shops etc are closing, this doesn't constitute a curfew. If you're going to try to score points (again) make sure your info is right.
Tales from our Moobahn: Part 1.

Last night, a group of 12 locals were arrested at a property out the Nong Sai way for holding an after-hours social. Each has got 20-days in the monkey house AND each got a 40,000 baht fine. This was an after-hours gathering of individuals on someone's own private property.

As I stated before, this is to all intents and purposes a curfew. If the shops are all closed and you are not doing social distancing or self-isolation in your own room or property between 22:00 and 05:00, you are going to be fair game.

I think the Provincial Governor's gloves have come off.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 1:48 pm

Underline it, state it whatever, we are not under curfew, we can still walk the streets whenever we want, the definition of curfew is above.

Also interested in the party of 12, please put up the link
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 2:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 1:48 pm
Underline it, state it whatever, we are not under curfew, we can still walk the streets whenever we want, the definition of curfew is above.

Also interested in the party of 12, please put up the link
All I can suggest is you and a couple of mates go for a walk some night. Try it and get back with us.

Me? I am really not interested in testing their 'soft restraint' here so knock yourself out.

You can post all the English dictionary definitions you want. This is Thailand (but you know this already).

As you know, I am really not one for tittle-tattle and neither is Mrs tam. Although we keep current on the state of play (she was party to my recent failed efforts to get my multi-entry visa and all), last night was the first time she brought up something about the local Covid-19 impact from her side of the culture and language barrier.

This house party story was related to her by the lady in charge of enforcing the new medical rules at our Orbortor. So no, of course I can't give you a 'link'. As I suggested in my thread bump, any real information will be revealed (or missed) by far more reliable parties than me if indeed it is revealed at all.

The orbortor lady also happened to mention that there's some concern about some foreigners who have recently returned from travel, some maybe with Thai wives, who have chosen NOT to report their return. She's a bit worried about going door-to-door and getting their info as required by the regulations in place. This is T. Nongbua BTW so anyone in Romyen Village who has just come back home, albeit from out of town or province and are choosing to keep their head below the parapet needs to get with the program. Your neighbors are OBVIOUSLY watching you. Otherwise, that's 20,000 baht.

This public service announcement brought to you by Mrs tam and her ever trusting farang lodger.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 2:44 pm

Tam we aren't under curfew end of, my nephews are out every evening in the middle of town. This story of 12 would have made the headlines, sorry I don't buy it and insofar as returning farang as that's probably true but again they're looking for examples to show how tough they're being so we will be reading about that soon no doubt. You are the absolute first to point out if someone can't corroborate their stories, pot and kettle?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 2:48 pm

Just because most places inc convenience stores etc are being closed overnight doesnt mean its a curfew ..

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... ish/curfew

Im sure when it comes we will all be informed accordingly until then ....

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 2, 2020, 2:56 pm

If everything is closed 10- 5 am ,if your out after that time you better be heading to hospital , going to visit auntie won't wash, give it a try and let us know how it worked out . I'm always up at 3 -4 am ,I see people heading off to work,early joggers . Last few days nothing at all
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 3:01 pm

Such melodrama, I’ve just been informed that not only did the afore mentioned idiot nephews go out last night they also came back and had a barbecue party outside my mother in laws house, this is smack bang in the middle of town just a stones throw from UD town. Just lucky I guess.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 3:16 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 2, 2020, 2:44 pm
Tam we aren't under curfew end of, my nephews are out every evening in the middle of town. This story of 12 would have made the headlines, sorry I don't buy it and insofar as returning farang as that's probably true but again they're looking for examples to show how tough they're being so we will be reading about that soon no doubt. You are the absolute first to point out if someone can't corroborate their stories, pot and kettle?
Semantics.

Vince, I don't know your nephews. Can you give me something more credible, a link maybe?

What makes who's 'headlines' in this provincial backwater isn't a constant (but you knew this already).

The bottom line is that nobody, and that includes your nephews, should be out an about between those hours. We already know (or should already know) that Thailand is all about being free... or maintaining the illusion of being such. The closing of 24-hour services is curfew by stealth.

And no, they are not looking to make example of farangs and to 'show how tough' they are, they are starting to catch and fine irresponsible LOCALS who seem to think that flaunting the rules is just another mai bpen rai job. This is a precursor to harder restrictions. Foreigners are and always have been the low-hanging fruit in Thailand but I think they've gone beyond that this time around.

You didn't buy the curfew warning on your wife's smartphone because "it didn't look right". Maybe you were looking at it from a westerner's viewpoint. The Nonthaburi curfew IS a curfew BTW, everyone indoors between 10 PM and 5 AM, no excuses. Ours just hasn't quite got here yet.

I have absolutely NO reason to think that the orbortor nurse lady and Mrs tam are making things up or embellishing things. Mrs tam eschews gossip, has done for the 15 years we've been together. So when she brings it up, I take notice.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 3:28 pm

Have we seen an official notice/ban on leaving the house at certain times? If so that would be a curfew, there isn’t a curfew by stealth or otherwise, yet.

You can’t possibly complain about someone asking you for a link, I’ve seen you ask the same question many times haven’t I?

I did not say make an example of farangs did I? However, when they bust a party it’s making headline news, this one wouldn’t have been any different, I still don’t buy it.

What the heck has Nonthaburi got to do with Udon Thani, are they twinned in some way?

Unfortunately Tam there’s a lot of cobblers flying around and a lot of people are falling for it, yesterday another “official” message came out about lockdown, again complete nonsense, I think I’ll wait until there’s official corroborated notices.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 2, 2020, 3:52 pm

In the absence of official advice to the contrary, I think it is pretty clear that presently there is no curfew in UT province.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 3:53 pm

Yep I’m with you Jack, there’s no ban on when you can and can’t leave your home, yet.

mackat
udonmap.com

Post by mackat » April 2, 2020, 3:59 pm

nationwide curfew will be announced by Prayuth tonight on 6pm news. The curfew begins at 10pm on the 3rd of April

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 2, 2020, 4:16 pm

mackat wrote:
April 2, 2020, 3:59 pm
nationwide curfew will be announced by Prayuth tonight on 6pm news. The curfew begins at 10pm on the 3rd of April
Where was that info sourced mackat ??

Good positive move if it happens.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mackat
udonmap.com

Post by mackat » April 2, 2020, 4:17 pm

reuters

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 4:19 pm

Disagree Jon, if it’s true that we haven’t had a new case in 7 days, it would seem a bit of overkill to me.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 4:21 pm

mackat wrote:
April 2, 2020, 4:17 pm
reuters

Please put the link up, I can’t find the notice on Reuter’s.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 2, 2020, 4:25 pm

Again not on Bangkok Post website or Thaiger...

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 2, 2020, 4:30 pm

I see reference only to Bangkok and 10pm to 4am mentioned but not confirmed yet!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2020, 4:33 pm

OMG! I believe I can here vinces back fanny puckering from all the way over here.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”