Dating Website Scam: Silent Endless Billing

General Udon Thani topics only!
danchatka
udonmap.com

Post by danchatka » April 21, 2013, 10:59 am

Some dating web sites use silent recurring billing to extract as much money as possible from customers. ThaiFriendly.com does this. They mention their recurring billing only when you first sign up. After that, you will never see any mention of it on your account management page. They also, never send an email when they bill you.

Businesses like this, that try hide their endless billing (whether or not you continue to use their site) should be avoided.

I tried ThaiFriendly and found their site so difficult to navigate and use, that I quit using it. But they kept billing me for a year anyway. Reputable dating web sites, like ThaiLoveLinks.com, do not do recurring billing.

If you ever used ThaiFriendly, you may want to check your credit card statements to make sure they're not still billing you. They bill quarterly.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » April 21, 2013, 1:33 pm

Whenever I buy anything on the net, I use one-time-cardnumbers so they cannot be rebilled. Check with your bank if they have that possibility for your card.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 21, 2013, 7:25 pm

But as far as I know its free. Members leave phone numbers and Email addresses ect
Best site Ive seen. and NO Flip flops!

danchatka
udonmap.com

Post by danchatka » April 21, 2013, 10:36 pm

JR wrote:Whenever I buy anything on the net, I use one-time-cardnumbers so they cannot be rebilled. Check with your bank if they have that possibility for your card.
Thanks!
Great idea. I didn't know it was possible.
Found an article with a few more details.
http://blog.credit.com/2011/06/worried- ... rd-number/

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 21, 2013, 10:45 pm

I use thai friendly its a good site and cheap tll is £20 thai friendly £17 and no scammers at the moment most seem genuine and no flip flops over 50 pestering you like date in asia.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 22, 2013, 1:44 pm

Well Date in Asia is free, or was when i last used it sometime ago (unless you want the deluxe service). You just need to tailor your profile to cut back the number of non-thais contacting you. Just ignore the rest. Then sift, sift, the contacts to get some good ones

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » April 22, 2013, 2:53 pm

I've got insurance on my VISA card. If money has been transferred from my account which I don't know anything about, and I notice and mention it to the credit card company within three weeks, I will get my money back (free of charge).

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2013, 6:10 pm

...or one could go out and actually meet real girls in social surroundings. Just sayin'

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 22, 2013, 7:19 pm

tamada wrote:...or one could go out and actually meet real girls in social surroundings. Just sayin'
Yes this would be normal..............If you young Jack the lad.
Most of us are old buggers.Although easy chat up a young bird here, Its Just not so easy when, if you walk down the street in farangland, and smile at a young bird, and she looks at you like your some kind of pervert!
Case of losing ones confidence.
Baring in mind, when a Thai female smiles at you in Thailand,Dont necessary mean they fancy you.
They just think Ahh! Farang can take care me.
Dating Agency same same.............money

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 22, 2013, 10:19 pm

I am at he moment chatting with women on this site....... Free. The only difference is. you have to wait 10 minutes each time to reply.
But once you got their details. You can chat On FB Skype, Yahoo messenger and MSG
Real good site 95% real beautys

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 22, 2013, 11:09 pm

As for Date in asia i stressed no Filipino please only Thai yet nine out of 10 that contact me are flip flops not even in the age range i asked to meet. Have to log in quick then log out as they (Filipino) message me as soon as they see me online.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » April 22, 2013, 11:25 pm

[quote="vlad"]As for Date in asia i stressed no Filipino please only Thai yet nine out of 10 that contact me are flip flops not even in the age range i asked to meet. Have to log in quick then log out as they (Filipino) message me as soon as they see me online.[/quote]
HA HA Same me First paragraph i say " NO PILLIPPINES PLEASE ONLY THAI"... But everyday flooded with them.
Thought most of them knew English?

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » April 23, 2013, 3:53 am

mortiboy wrote:I am at he moment chatting with women on this site....... Free. The only difference is. you have to wait 10 minutes each time to reply.
With the 10 minute delay, best to check the TW is not on a computer in another room,she might be winding you up with love poems under a username :lol:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”