Pattaya Recommended Budget Hotels

Post by danchatka » March 31, 2013, 10:03 am

Heading to Pattaya for my 2nd visit. Any recommended on budget hotels:
- $30-$40 per night
- within walking distance of nightlife
- not too noisy for sleeping after midnight
- guest friendly
- Wifi in room (not just in lobby)

Other bar and activity suggestions welcome too.

Things/places to avoid?

Thanks.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » March 31, 2013, 10:17 am

Dan, I stay at the Nova Gold hotel,large clean rooms with own computer. Great food next door and 5 minutes walk from Soi 6 area. Parking on site, about 1200 bht a night.

danchatka
udonmap.com

Post by danchatka » March 31, 2013, 10:20 am

Thanks for your quick reply:-) I'm searching Agoda now.

danchatka
udonmap.com

Post by danchatka » March 31, 2013, 10:44 am

GARYZX6R wrote:...I stay at the Nova Gold hotel...about 1200 bht a night.
Lot's of good reviews for this hotel. Room price currently around 3300 bht. Any suggestions on getting the 1200 bht price?

Thanks

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » March 31, 2013, 10:52 am

Wrong time to be looking for hotel deals ,, with Songkhran coming up i doubt whether anything near to all the tourist night life will be below 1000 p night ,,, Flipper House in soi 7 ,, my choice if wanna be in the area and near the sea front , Lots of temples and historical sites to visit , crocodile farm and the Santuary of the Truth in Naklua tho thy didnt let me in so i did all the all the gogos , soapys and gentlemens clubs ,,,instead

Back to rooms ,, Soi Bhuakhao area has lots of guest house and hotels , a good starting point .

mash

mykthemin
udonmap.com

Post by mykthemin » March 31, 2013, 10:58 am

Try LEK hotel, priced 850 and close to everything, not on agoda tel 038425550, parking under hotel with a good buffet for all meal times and very reasonable.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » March 31, 2013, 3:11 pm

Dan, I booked with Booking .com,in May its just uder 1600 bht per night.

danchatka
udonmap.com

Post by danchatka » March 31, 2013, 4:16 pm

Thanks to everyone for their help. I've booked a room for the first few nights. Then I'll checkout your suggested hotels once I'm down there.

Suggestions on best night life spots are welcome too!

I'll only be there 4 days, want to make the most of it.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » March 31, 2013, 6:12 pm

Best night life spots? Roam around find one you are comfortable in and enjoy no need to go any further. One GoGo bar you might want to check out is Tim's Bar, on Second Road across the street from LEK Hotel.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 2, 2013, 10:04 am

Just back from a 3-nighter in Pattaya. It's hot and dead there. Think Soi Samphan then multiply by 1000.

Hotels all full up with Russian families since it is Easter and all. Bars and go-go's mostly quiet, empty and boring. I only checked a couple of what were the 'hottest' go-go's on WS in December. Total wipe outs... both of 'em. They have some of the sweetest hostesses outside on the kerb calling the punters inside where it looks like their mothers are on stage. Tim's go-go mentioned earlier was a vast disappointment (I know what it can be like when it's good).

Buakhao is questionably the more vibrant night zone and most nights the more energetic of the lads carried on into the wee small hours up that way. Champagne go-go featured in morning-after tales. Good deals for rooms to be had in the bar/hotel combinations. Friends have stayed at the Pasadena Lodge on LK Metro and said it was great value. These places only have eight-to-a dozen rooms tops so fill up fast. If using agoda, you may need to play with your date ranges a bit to find a room and then when on the ground, do some local legwork to find another cheap room for the remaining couple of nights.

Just did a quick agoda check for dates in the week before Songkran and bargains galore so assume the lull between Russkies going home and muppets that like water pistols moving in.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » April 2, 2013, 3:03 pm

Hi,
When in Pattaya I stay at the Queen Victoria Soi 6. Right in the middle of the action, and close to the sea. Rooms vary from 700 to 1000B all en-suite, when i was last there about 16 months ago. Clean and the food is great. Try their Sunday lunch. I could not finish all that was on my plate, to much. Also the best fish and chips i have had in Patts. Easy to get a B. bus to walking street and back. They also have a transit bus that will take you to the airport and also pick you up from the airport. And will do other POI if you ask.
Only problem, for me, was no lift, im a lazy sod. Still i always ask for a room on the first floor. The girls will carry your case to your room. Also a great selection of draught beers.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » April 3, 2013, 6:13 am

Most soi hotels on the North side of 2nd road between S. Pattaya road and Central Pattaya road are 800 baht or less. Happy mongering! :)
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » April 3, 2013, 11:55 am

To the OP asking for good things to do, if you did not visit Devil's Den in LK Metro on your first visit to P, then do it now. It might be the best 90 minutes of your stay. They are on the web too.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”