Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by tamada » March 24, 2021, 8:48 pm

About three or four years ago at Udon Immigration, I wanted to file my Retirement Extension about thirty-eight days early due to an overseas work commitment. I was being stalled by the guy who was doing 'reception' and the 90-day desk with the usual 'cannot' spiel. This was my first Extension filing in Udon after relocating back here from Pattaya.

It was around 3:15 in the afternoon with maybe only a couple of other customers remaining. The older, fatter guy (no uniform) who was the boss back then strolls over and asks Mr 90-day what I wanted. He listened, looked at my passport and the application form and asked Mr 90-day if I had proof of address whereupon he was shown my yellow book. He took it, but without even opening it, he told Mr 90-day to start processing the extension and handed the yellow book to one of the girls at another desk. She was eventually handed the passport, forms, picture etc., by Mr 90-day and I was done and dusted in about 20 minutes.

Now admittedly he didn't look inside it but maybe Mr 90-day or the girl did? So I reckon it was accepted as proof of local domicile. Doing extensions in Jomtien, I always had the rental agreement + copy of Thai landlord's tibian bahn and ID card. Here in Udon, including my Non-O filed last November and the Retirement Extension filed last month, the yellow book has been accepted as proof of domicile.

YMMV
TiT
TiUT

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 24, 2021, 9:02 pm

nicely said Tam.

We are not in the UK, America, Europe or .... As much as we have to meet officialdom as we can in Thailand is of value. We never know. The more paper I have, the better I can be. I want it all translated, stamped, signed, countersigned and photocopied three times. As Amex tells us, don't leave home without it
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 24, 2021, 10:25 pm

Giggle wrote:
March 24, 2021, 3:13 pm
I just like it so that a half wit IO has no excuses to deny any extensions.
This is the myth, right here^.

Immigration doesn't give one rat's ass about any yellow books. Whether you have one or not. Where you got it, how you got it, if it's real or fake -- they don't care.

They never want to see it, and the best you'll get from them if you offer it is a contemptuous glare. It means less than nothing to them, and definitely plays no part in accepting or denying any extension request.
Must be wonderful to be so full of knowledge about how other people think and act. What an absolute benefit you are to mankind. I always give my marriage certificate and yellow book to the IO's when applying for my 'retirement extension' and have never registered a contemptuous glare. [Redacted by Moderators.]

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 25, 2021, 10:19 am

While the yellow book may mean nothing to Immigration, I'll offer another small piece of advice. When you wai the immigration officers, it infuriates them. Don't do it, because it backs them into a corner. Either they have to ignore you, which makes them look bad, or they have to wai you back, which makes their blood boil. Just offer a clipped hello and goodbye upon entry and exit to demonstrate civility. Nothing more. Don't even try the sawasdee krap, as that would prompt an in-kind response, which they would much rather avoid. Try to be as invisible as possible.

No need to thank me.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 25, 2021, 11:22 am

Giggle wrote:
March 25, 2021, 10:19 am
While the yellow book may mean nothing to Immigration, I'll offer another small piece of advice. When you wai the immigration officers, it infuriates them. Don't do it, because it backs them into a corner. Either they have to ignore you, which makes them look bad, or they have to wai you back, which makes their blood boil. Just offer a clipped hello and goodbye upon entry and exit to demonstrate civility. Nothing more. Don't even try the sawasdee krap, as that would prompt an in-kind response, which they would much rather avoid. Try to be as invisible as possible.

No need to thank me.
YMMV
TiT
TiUT

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 26, 2021, 10:49 am

Off-topic posts removed.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 26, 2021, 11:33 am

With regard to the OP and how to obtain a Yellow House Book, all that those who have already obtained one can do is post their own experience in as much detail as possible. However, those seeking advice on getting theirs shouldn't forget that there is no guarantee that what worked for one guy will work for them. That's why I appended my comments with:

YMMV = your mileage may vary (do not expect the same results as me)
TiT + This is Thailand (do not expect the same results as me)
TiUT = This is Udon Thani (do not expect the same results as me)

Ta
tam

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 26, 2021, 2:53 pm

Giggle wrote:

No need to thank me.
Your absolute insight into Thai Nationals is truly astonishing. The reason we should not Wai an IO is that most of us are at least a generation older than them and traditionally Thai's Wai to show respect to older people or to people in superior positions than yours.
Your observation that they would rather be greeted in a foreign language is just typical of your usual no knowledge spouting off. I always greet the 90 day guy in Thai and have never seen a contemptuous glare accompanied with his reply in Thai, same as bank staff etc. It would be really informative as to which IO told you his "blood boiled" for a show of good manners.
Perhaps you need to take a wee look inwards as to why 'you' receive so many contemptuous glares from Thai's.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 26, 2021, 3:48 pm

tamada wrote:
March 26, 2021, 11:33 am

YMMV = your mileage may vary (do not expect the same results as me)
TiT + This is Thailand (do not expect the same results as me)
TiUT = This is Udon Thani (do not expect the same results as me)
Nice summary
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » March 28, 2021, 10:28 pm

All I can say is speaking from my 17 years with Udonthani Immigration Office I have always had the Yellow Book and a copy of the Yellow attached to my application for extension of the retirement Visa not once have seen any of the official remove the copy of the Yellow Book from the application they always look at it, hand the book itself along with the Passport back to me leaving the copy attached to the application.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 29, 2021, 7:59 pm

From a very helpful Niggly post on a different thread:
Lessons learnt

- Yellow book/ID number were needed to register to watch the video beforehand. This in itself makes them worthwhile to me

- Yellow book was accepted as proof of residence so no trip to the other side of Udon to immigration.
viewtopic.php?p=608343#p608343

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 29, 2021, 11:29 pm

That doesn't work in Nong Khai. Posting one's experience as gospel is fraught with pitfalls. Though we've established that. Some here are awfully slow.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 7:27 am

^ Can’t see anyone posting their experience as gospel anywhere. Can you?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 30, 2021, 8:10 am

I guess nong khai province is not udon thani province then ? Whenever I need to use my passport I always use the yellow book too . but that's udon , can't say about nong khai as I don't live there. It also depends on what visa .the 12 month multiple entry visa from Laos is impossible to get without a yellow book.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 30, 2021, 8:29 am

Giggle wrote:
March 29, 2021, 11:29 pm
.........Posting one's experience as gospel is fraught with pitfalls. Though we've established that. Some here are awfully slow.
Slow, as in
Giggle wrote: ↑

No need to thank me.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » March 30, 2021, 8:39 am

papafarang wrote:
March 30, 2021, 8:10 am
I guess nong khai province is not udon thani province then ? Whenever I need to use my passport I always use the yellow book too . but that's udon , can't say about nong khai as I don't live there. It also depends on what visa .the 12 month multiple entry visa from Laos is impossible to get without a yellow book.
So what visa would that be then ?They have never given a imm o 12month multi entry in Laos since the 12 years i have lived here , with or without a yellow book . will only give 90 days
I tried a few times even printing out where its say on MFA website that you can get a 12 month multi at any consul outside thailand and showed it to them . She said they say i can but she says i cannot so i spent about 4 years geting 90 with 60 day extension in udon then back to laos for another 90 days so would would be interested to find out what visa i can get for 12 month multi entry in case i have problems again

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2021, 8:56 am

I'll cut to the chase here... bugger off Giggle.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 9:41 am

Yes, this particularly Giggle user ID has probably reached the end of its usefulness now. Time to reinvent again & get a few posts off before being sussed.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 30, 2021, 10:28 am

No way ,the entertainment value of seeing him getting rectal pain makes it worth reading the BS he comes up with.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 30, 2021, 10:59 am

papafarang wrote:
March 30, 2021, 10:28 am
No way ,the entertainment value of seeing him getting rectal pain makes it worth reading the BS he comes up with.
Fear not, you’ll still be able to get entertainment. It’ll just be from a different username as the track record suggests.

I haven’t downloaded a number of burn memes for nothing you know

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”