Where can I watch Australian football in Udon Thani?

General Udon Thani topics only!
wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Where can I watch Australian football in Udon Thani?

Post by wazza » September 25, 2009, 9:11 pm

This professor of psychology at Monash Uni built a truth-telling chair. Every time someone sitting it lied, the bottom of the chair - essentially a trapdoor mechanism - collapsed sending the seated person flying to the ground. He knew it worked - he'd tried it. But he had to do some research before any one would believe him.

So he advertised in the Herald Sun for volunteers to come along and they'd get a fiver for their troubles, every hour. He received loads of replies and as such was able to take from any selection he liked. As a control for the experiment he decided to pick football supporters, and invited three along for the first day of trials.

Anyway, the first day came and a West Coast fan arrived, he sat in the chair and began to speak. "I think West Coast Football Club are definitely the third force in Australian Rules Football..." and instantly the chair collapsed, sending him sprawling to the floor before he could carry on.

Next, a Richmond fan arrived, he sat in the chairand began to speak... "I think Richmond are still capable of mounting a similar challenge on the title as last season" and instantly the chair collapsed, sending him sprawling to the floor before he could carry on.

Then a Collingwood fan arrived, he sat in the chair and began to speak... "I think..." and instantly the chair collapsed sending him sprawling to the floor.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 25, 2009, 9:16 pm

Whats the best again, U will wear ur beloved Collingwood T shirt into the Aussie Bar during happy hour ?? if the Saints win

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » September 25, 2009, 9:32 pm

the bet is if the Pussies win you wear an added extra on your T-shirt of my choice. Should they lose you get to choose the slogan of minE.
Free the Doug 1

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 25, 2009, 9:36 pm

Ok done, wear it the same time as chern chim gets it night out !

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 25, 2009, 9:37 pm

Grand Final Arrangements for the MCG 2009

Patrons planning to attend the 2009 Grand Final at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on 25th September 2009 are advised to make their own catering arrangements.

Patrons will be permitted to bring hampers, picnic baskets or other containers with their own hot or cold food.

These changes have been introduced because it is now confirmed that there will be no Pies at the 2009 Grand Final.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » September 25, 2009, 9:46 pm

Velly funny :lol:
I am already having a good think what to make of your t-shirt.
I wish I was English followed by...... answer's on a post card please
Wazza will look so pretty in it 8-[
Free the Doug 1

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 25, 2009, 9:48 pm

Two boys are playing football in a Melbourne park, when one is attacked by a Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy rips off a board of the nearby fence, wedges it down the dog's collar and twists, breaking the dog's neck. A reporter who is strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy.

"Blues fan saves friend from vicious animal", he starts writing in his notebook. "But I'm not a Blues fan," the boy replies. "Tigers fan rescues friend from horrific attack," the reporter starts again. "I'm not a Tigers fan either, " the boy says.

"Then what are you?" the reporter says."I'm a Collingwood fan !!!" The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes, "Low life bastard kills family pet".

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » September 26, 2009, 10:57 am

talking to aussie guys in koh chang it seems the cats arent popular because they are so succesful.is that right?
all the aussies seem to want the saints to win. :shock:
ive looked on the net about both teams and i think the cats are gonna win easily.sorry fellas.

also dont forget anothere sporting occasion tonight.english premiership at 9 oclock.
going for a triple....liverpool 5 hull 0,wigan 0 chelsea 3,stoke 2 manu 1.hope portsmouth beat everton as well.

enjoy your aussie finale.come on the cats !!! =D> =D>

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 26, 2009, 11:37 am

Am I pissed off or what !

I cant get any live feed on the AFL final, tried all the normal links, all password protected ! Fook me .

Im back to refreshing my computer link to keep up !

Oh and Roy, thats the first goal and what a fluke !

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 26, 2009, 11:57 am

souness wrote:talking to aussie guys in koh chang it seems the cats arent popular because they are so succesful.is that right?
all the aussies seem to want the saints to win. :shock:
ive looked on the net about both teams and i think the cats are gonna win easily.sorry fellas.

also dont forget anothere sporting occasion tonight.english premiership at 9 oclock.
going for a triple....liverpool 5 hull 0,wigan 0 chelsea 3,stoke 2 manu 1.hope portsmouth beat everton as well.

enjoy your aussie finale.come on the cats !!! =D> =D>
souness...what odds did you get on that triple ,,,,cheers

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 26, 2009, 2:19 pm

we won we won we won

sorry didnt tell u I did a Roy and switched sides, just before the final siren.

Looking at my screen it says Geelong won, so congrats to them, what a final , good finish ,

Looks like another T shirt to be worn on night out, oh well.

2 strikes in the last 2 months, cricket and AFL, BUT im on a winner now, coz im backing England for the World Flop !!

Common on England !

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 26, 2009, 2:27 pm

AFL is as strange a game as all the other ball games.... :D
Last season the cats looked unbeatable. Had a poor semi-final game & then fluffed it completely in the final.
This season (I have missed large chunks of it though) they looked, to me, an average side at best. Saints looked the form side & awesome in a couple of games I saw...
So the cats win......I guess that is why bookies never go broke & drive the better sort of cars (as long as they do not gamble) & punters walk home.... :D
Congrats to the Cats, better luck next year to the Saints....

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2009, 2:29 pm

Someone dropped the soap :D

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 26, 2009, 3:36 pm

No doubt Jack is grinning like a Geelong Cat who wandered into a dairy.

BUt will he venture to Chern Chim to support me in my dash up Day and NIght in my "I want to be a pom T shirt " On DEc 5th.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2009, 4:09 pm

jack will have visitors from Oz from 4 - 7 December, so Mr za will have to take (rather than give) his well deserved medicine, unassisted. :D

archie
udonmap.com

Post by archie » September 27, 2009, 10:44 am

Hey Wazza.

24 hours prior to the big game you were posting on this thread at world record speed, constantly extolling the virtues of the Saints. I have noticed you have been eerily quiet during the 24 hour post match. If i could give some advise to the St Kilda recruitment people, you will never win a premiership with complete lack of talent passengers like Stephen Milne taking up a spot in the side. Geelong have one also in Matthew Stokes but he didnt get a game on the big day and the Cats got the Chockies. Funny that isnt it ???

With Respect
ARCHIE...

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 27, 2009, 11:07 am

Archie

Respect taken ! as i eat my humble pie.

I did post straight after the game, to congrats the Cats and accept my pennance with Roy's bet.

I think my postings were more on trying to salvage Roys attempt to join the Magpies, and the subsequent jokes.

Im not a saints fan, but they did have an old Tassie connection, thus , why i went for them.

I dont get to see that many games , even though its on in Udon etc, so cant comment on the names, but im sure all teams have 1-2 positions they would like to trade for a better player ??

The Swans are needing a huge rebuild, u cant take those 3 out and not expect the side to suffer etc.

BUt the 2 best sides for 2009 did play off , and it was a great finish from what i read.

anyone know what the local crowds were like in Udon for the game

Match reports from Bannned Dung ( Jack isnt online ) Aussie Bar, Sports Bar, Jing Joes etc please. numbers etc

archie
udonmap.com

Post by archie » September 27, 2009, 11:52 am

I did get plenty of laughs from the Collingwood jokes and will try to memorise as many as i can for future use. Although the conditions were poor at best, the standard was really good and both teams went were angels fear to tread on most occasions. Poor old Nick "Polevault" worked like a trojan all day and never stopped running but things just didnt fall his way. He was running as hard at the end as at the start, he must have a huge motor. The Cats really needed to win to be regarded as one of the great sides as 1 premiership after dominating the comp for 3 seasons would have left them as under achievers IMO. The Saints have a great young list with a blend of experince also, so it would not surprise to see them there again next year. All in all a sensational season of AFL. 6 months of bloody cricket to watch now until the footy starts again. GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES !!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 27, 2009, 12:05 pm

ahhh a Weagle, long term enemy of the might Swans.

A WC football fan goes to cross the double white lines in Perth's CBD yesterday , falls over and sniffs them for the next 5 km !!

Wazza 2005

archie
udonmap.com

Post by archie » September 27, 2009, 12:17 pm

I expect some leniancy from you Wazza as i am a Sydney resident teporarily and follow their progress with great interest. I have enjoyed the great rivallry between us over the last few years. I have great respect for Paul Roos and the players and the way they go about it.

Archie 2006...

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”