at the car wash

General Udon Thani topics only!
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Re: at the car wash

Post by Prenders88 » August 4, 2009, 10:24 pm

The price Stan, at the car wash in the Tesco's car park was 350 baht.
Expensive yes, but the car kept it's shine for much longer, and we got a can of interior cleaner thrown in for the price.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 4, 2009, 11:18 pm

A few buckets of rain water, car soap, sponge, car wax with applicator and buffing rag and a good Thai wife to do the wash and wax. A lot cheaper then anything I have sen so far :D

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 5, 2009, 2:54 am

Stantheman wrote:A few buckets of rain water, car soap, sponge, car wax with applicator and buffing rag and a good Thai wife to do the wash and wax. A lot cheaper then anything I have sen so far :D
You're a brave man, Stan. I'm surprised she hasn't rammed that applicator and buffing rag up where the Sun doesn't shine before now. :yikes:

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 5, 2009, 3:35 am

You're a brave man, Stan. I'm surprised she hasn't rammed that applicator and buffing rag up where the Sun doesn't shine before now.
Fawn, the trick is to let HER think it was her idea to do the car washing 8)

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 5, 2009, 3:39 am

No Stan, if she thought it was her idea then you would be doing it. Or that's how my Dragon works her logic. :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 5, 2009, 3:48 am

I sometimes get the kids to do it for 20baht....probably the crappest job you could ever get done...they don't have a clue,they miss most of it and the bits they do get it is left with dirty smears all over the place as they wipe off the excess water with a dirty bit of cloth, and as they can't reach the roof or most of the window screen(windsheild) that stays untouched...bless em... ;)

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 5, 2009, 4:00 am

As O-T said, did it look as though they'd been at it with a Curley Wurley? I remember our local Scout Troop in Scotland were going to do a sponsored car wash until a Busybody said that they could be sued if they scratched someone's car by mistake. Mind you, we are talking about kids.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 5, 2009, 4:11 am

awn wrote:As O-T said, did it look as though they'd been at it with a Curley Wurley?
You could describe it like that........Take the searing Hot Sun...take one dirty Truck...With a Heavy coating of Issan Orangy/red dust (Burnt Umber with a tinge of mahogany colour for all us in the know)....take 2-3 kids...a hose...no soap...and a sort of old floor cloth....hey presto....!!! a dirty smeared vehicle....and a green note lighter. :mrgreen:

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » August 5, 2009, 8:20 am

i let my t/d clean my air blade for me every week , i give her 60bt on top of her pocket money . not very good job i still stop at car wash on way into town to have it done again with wax ,
but it does show daughter extra money has to be worked for ....

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 5, 2009, 8:43 am

Prenders88 wrote:The price Stan, at the car wash in the Tesco's car park was 350 baht.
Expensive yes, but the car kept it's shine for much longer, and we got a can of interior cleaner thrown in for the price.
Thanks prender88! :D

rjb
udonmap.com

Post by rjb » August 5, 2009, 10:26 am

We have used the car wash at Makro, on the left as you drive in. Never had anything taken and the "boss" always makes a final check to see if all is to his satisfaction. We give a small tip and never had a bad job done there. Price competitive with others.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » August 5, 2009, 4:05 pm

Prenders88 wrote:The price Stan, at the car wash in the Tesco's car park was 350 baht.

Just been and looked at 6 cans of unused and slightly rusty cans of "Moto Shine" that have been in my store from the times I used the car wash at Tescos. I found it works better on the runners of patio doors for making them glide better than anything else. As you did I found the 300b, now 350b for a car wash a bit trumpy to be honest.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » August 6, 2009, 3:24 am

The complex mob does an ok job it its easy. If there are any complications, they only go through the motions, and the rest is up to you.

They only good and reliable job in the area of car washing, as with so many other things, is when you do it yourself.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » August 6, 2009, 6:40 am

I have used Big C on many occasions over the years and give them 5 stars out of five. Can't remember the cost off hand but a lot less than that quoted for Tesco !!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 6, 2009, 7:06 am

index car care on the kutchap road , about i kilometre from the traffic lights on the left hand side , will give your truck a total clean , inside , outside , under the bonnet ( hood ) and the underside of vehicle , all comes out sparkling , for the sum of 150 baht !!!! motorbikes 50 baht . husband and wife team , no employees . ive used them for 4 years and never been disapointed . i might add usualy when i take my truck in it looks like its just finnished the paris dakar rally . :oops: :oops: :oops:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 3, 2022, 12:33 pm

Time for an update to the thread.

Looking for personal experience with a place doing a deep clean on the interior, not just the normal vac, dusting, etc.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 3, 2022, 2:42 pm

I know this is not Udon but just for comparison, our local car detailer has been looking after our vehicles for years:-
Mrs Dero's Honda City, 180 Baht =
Pick up and return.
Full underbody pressure clean.
Hand wash with a quality cleanser/polish product and soft cloths, Chamois rub down, tyre blackener and including boot (trunk) clean.
(Engine bay clean is extra)
Full interior detail inc vacuum, hand washing floor mats, window cleaning, 'Armor All' to vinal surfaces etc. (Don't know what they use on the seats but the cars certainly smell good when delivered home).

My DMax, 220 Baht =
Same as above but including cleaning inside the 'Carry Boy' along with windows.
A few buckets of rain water, car soap, sponge, car wax with applicator and buffing rag and a good Thai wife to do the wash and wax. A lot cheaper then anything I have sen so far :D
As for @Stantheman's comments (tong in cheek). We have better things to do with our time.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 3, 2022, 3:00 pm

Location please, Dero.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 3, 2022, 3:49 pm

About 1.5 km NE of my home, 200 meters passed the Watt on the right near the bridge out of Ban Tong before getting to Ban Chan. I doubt they will pick up and return to Ban Dung!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 3, 2022, 4:17 pm

Thanks Dero - I was wondering if you still went over the road from the old Lucky Bar.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”