Udon Thani / Thailand Post & Courier details

General Udon Thani topics only!
Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani / Thailand Post & Courier details

Post by Zidane » July 8, 2017, 2:41 pm

From the end of March to the end of April we had no mail.(Songkran in between).
It was important for me as in April I should get my letter of pension increase from my ex company,plus the April pay slip,which I send off to the British Embassy in Bangkok for my yearly Immigration letter.
So I went to the main Post Office and talked to a couple of employees and eventually found one who spoke reasonable English and he said he would look into it for me.
Lo and behold ! The next day I got over a dozen letters delivered (the usual bills etc.over a month old) but no letters from England regarding my pension/pay slip.
I had to contact my former company who sent the info for me by e-mail,which I downloaded and printed off.
For nearly 2 months the deliveries have been fine but as mid July approaches where my True Move bills and credit card payments are due,I have received none......should be 3 from True Move and 1 from the Bangkok Bank which are usually received at the beginning of the month at the latest.
So it looks like it has gone awry again.Maybe the delivery guys have all signed up for Pizza Hut,Pizza Co. and KFC where they earn more money ? :pirate:

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 8, 2017, 2:53 pm

My theory is that half the delivery guys are off sick after hitting bloomin' great potholes or stray dogs on their rounds ...... both of which have again increased dramatically in the last few months

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 10, 2017, 5:39 am

When I came here, I suffered a zero mail time and only really knew when my brother rang me and asked if I had his letters.
I went with the good lady to the main Post office and eventually after much arguing spoke to the main man, who assured me that he would look into it.He was more concerned as I threatened him with Police action if my mail was not delivered again as it is covered by Royal patronage same as UK Post office, so tampering with the mail is a criminal offence.
I heard that they found the Postman drunk in his house surrounded by open mail, he had failed to deliver, all those letters with foreign post marks. not that I ever got those letters back of course.
I also demanded and got a post Box for which I pay 500 baht every year and lo and behold no more mail lost from anyone.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 10, 2017, 12:13 pm

Don't think I ve ever had any mail LOST, but I did receive a postcard 11 months after the people returned from thier holiday

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 10, 2017, 1:49 pm

I'm STILL Waiting for 2 Birthday Cards Posted from England at the BEGINING Of March....Also My Sister has moved house in the U.K & Sent me a Card with her new address & New Phone Number that was 4 Weeks Ago She has since RESENT The Latter ( Recorded Delivery,To be Signed For HERE ) 2 Weeks Ago, Even THAT Has NOT Arrived....Note that ALL 4 Are in CARD Forms.....Hey Mr Postie There was NO Money in ANY Of them..... [-X [-X [-X

nbm47
udonmap.com

Post by nbm47 » July 10, 2017, 10:15 pm

Yes the mail has become extremely unreliable of late, not sure if its a man power problem or not. Haven't seen a postie in my area for weeks, even if not delivering to my home always somewhere on my street. Not good enough I'm afraid, will
have to get a post box same as Paul.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 4, 2017, 4:24 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 7, 2017, 4:00 pm
Classic .......... TIT

Just had a SECOND delivery for the day bringing two more letters from bank in England (undated so not sure when sent) ](*,) #-o
Just to bring this a bit more up to date I have just received my first delivery since the above 2 in a day almost a month ago.....

The letters received were from bank in England dated in mid JUNE so only 6 weeks to get here ..... No sign of LAST months 3BB internet bill yet (prob saving that for a second delivery later today :evil: )

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 4, 2017, 4:34 pm

stattointhailand I would suggest you eliminate the 3 BBB bill by simply going to their office and signing up for the bill to be emailed to you. Print the bill and take it to your local 7/11 or Tesco and pay it.
Another way to solve the problem of late delivery of mail to your home would be to simply rent a post office box. I have had my box for more than 10 years and have 95% of all my mail delivered to it rather than my home. It's very easy to pick up the mail especially since the main post office is open 7 days a week other than the main national holidays.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 4, 2017, 8:01 pm

Still Waiting for My 2 Birthday Cards Sent from The U.K in EARLY March.....Also a Recorded Delivery letter sent from the U.K In Early May....

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » August 4, 2017, 9:58 pm

The letters received were from bank in England dated in mid JUNE so only 6 weeks to get here ..... No sign of LAST months 3BB internet bill yet (prob saving that for a second delivery later today :evil: )
[/quote]

Regarding paying your 3BB bill as they know the Thai post is crap ,go to the 3BB office in Big c and they will do a credit card size bill payment card which you just show to tesco/7/11 to pay.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » August 5, 2017, 8:39 am

Because of the unreliability of the mail service here we now pay 3BB a year in advance. Then nowt to worry about until next time.
We have a land line (why my wife wants to keep this beets me as its never used) and this bill is always late so we just go and pay at the office.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 5, 2017, 9:53 am

GARYZX6R wrote:
August 4, 2017, 9:58 pm
Regarding paying your 3BB bill as they know the Thai post is crap ,go to the 3BB office in Big c and they will do a credit card size bill payment card which you just show to tesco/7/11 to pay.
Thanks very much for that info. Our mail delivery hasn't been too bad and for now, my 3BB is covered by the 6 months advance payment I made to have the bill in my name. I will go get this card BEFORE the 6 months are up and the monthly paper bill goes missing. The emailed bill option also looks like a total winner.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2017, 8:11 pm

=D> Thanks for the heads up guys, didn't realise either option (e-mail or card) was available

ambitz

Post by ambitz » November 23, 2017, 9:46 am

tamada wrote:
August 5, 2017, 9:53 am
GARYZX6R wrote:
August 4, 2017, 9:58 pm
Thanks very much for that info. Our mail delivery hasn't been too bad and for now, my 3BB is covered by the 6 months advance payment I made to have the bill in my name. I will go get this card BEFORE the 6 months are up and the monthly paper bill goes missing. The emailed bill option also looks like a total winner.
thank you สมุนไพรไทย

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » November 23, 2017, 11:30 am

The Thai Post Office has opened an annex in Nong Samrong for those looking living in the area. It's open Monday to Friday from 8:30AM to 5:30PM and Saturday 9:00AM to 4:00PM. All normal services are available at this location. The P.O. Annex is located on the Udon Nong Samrong Rd just in front of the Samrong Garden Hotel.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Sam1925
udonmap.com

Post by Sam1925 » March 12, 2020, 5:19 pm

My mom sent me a package of Dove candy and by the time it reached me the bag was 1/2 empty. I thought Thai-s didn't like sweets.
May all their teeth rot in hell.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”