Udon Thani / Thailand Post & Courier details

General Udon Thani topics only!
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » September 15, 2012, 11:04 am

A new post office has just opened up close to the entrance of Wing 23 Army base on Tahan Road. The map below shows its exact location:

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=17.3 ... sz=19&z=18[/googlemap]

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 15, 2012, 2:46 pm

For those out there with post office boxes at the main post office please take note. The current boxes have been moved to a garage toward the rear of the post office opposite the loading dock area. The post office will be installing new boxes which will allow 24 hr/7day a week access. The renovation should be complete within 2 months.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » September 15, 2012, 3:17 pm

Many thanks for the info!
Greg :-)

BIGAL
udonmap.com

Post by BIGAL » September 20, 2012, 11:36 am

I only use UPS in Udon, they are magic with great service!

This week I had a parcel sent by a company in South Africa via DHL. Tracking the parcel it arrived at the DHL office in Bangna Pad Road this morning at 750am, it took only 2 days from SA to Bangkok. I called them as I need this consignment urgently. DHL advised me they have no service to Udonthani & the parcel will be sent via THAI POST & will take 3 days to reach me?

DHL are advertised in Udon so why are they not used by the DHL offices in Bangkok?????

I arranged a flight to Bangkok today to collect the parcel ourselves & get it to Udon today. DHL would not fly it up!!!

The good thing is that this will never happen again!!! Goodbye DHL. Shocking service! :evil:

Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » September 20, 2012, 12:20 pm

BIGAL wrote:I only use UPS in Udon, they are magic with great service!

This week I had a parcel sent by a company in South Africa via DHL. Tracking the parcel it arrived at the DHL office in Bangna Pad Road this morning at 750am, it took only 2 days from SA to Bangkok. I called them as I need this consignment urgently. DHL advised me they have no service to Udonthani & the parcel will be sent via THAI POST & will take 3 days to reach me?

DHL are advertised in Udon so why are they not used by the DHL offices in Bangkok?????

I arranged a flight to Bangkok today to collect the parcel ourselves & get it to Udon today. DHL would not fly it up!!!

The good thing is that this will never happen again!!! Goodbye DHL. Shocking service! :evil:
Thanks for that Big Al - I will remember NOT to use DHL! [-X
All the best,
Greg :D

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 20, 2012, 1:16 pm

I had the same problem with DHL. First they wanted me to send them 2,000THB for customs duty sight unseen to which I refused. I told them I'll happily pay whatever duty is required provided you deliver the package to me in UT with the bill from customs. They refused telling me they have no service to UT. I told them to just return the package to the UK. I told the UK bicycle shop by email of the incident and told them they should have checked with DHL before using their service. When they began dragging their feet about resending the package via the Post I simply cancelled the order and received a prompt refund to my credit card.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » September 30, 2013, 12:07 pm

Does UPS still have an office in Udon? If so where and do you have a phone number?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 30, 2013, 2:06 pm

The UPS office is located in Nong Somrong on the right after leaving the ring road.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » September 30, 2013, 3:20 pm

DHL have a shop in Udon near the bus station , also i have had a parcel delivered from DHL .
When i renew my passport i have to pay Uk Consulate for DHL to deliver the passport to Udon from the UK.

BigRick808
udonmap.com

Post by BigRick808 » October 15, 2013, 6:46 pm

Hello, Gentlemen:
Have any of you had experience with sending a package to the central post office to hold for you for a few days? I'm planning to be in UT soon but don't know for certain where I will be staying. I would like to save time by having the mail sent now. Thanks for any help that may arise.

tudorandpim
udonmap.com

Post by tudorandpim » May 22, 2014, 5:45 pm

Does anyone have recent experience sending important documents FROM Thailand by courier? Who best to use and how to drop off the item locally.
I asked lawyer to use courier to send to us in UK. She seemed unaware of who DHL, UPS and FedEx are and said they use the Thai mail for everything, I guess that's EMS. I don't know how reliable that is for international but I don't trust the UK mail at this end.
A PIN code from Bangkok Bank Udon never arrived at our Udon address before we had to leave. UK post seem to have suffered from privatisation. I seek certainty and security and would prefer courier. Anyone have a link or suggestion?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 22, 2014, 5:52 pm

I recently used DHL for important docs from Udontani / Thailand to UK and back ... efficient service and price including an excellent tracking facility .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 31, 2014, 9:25 am

Anyone know if the Post Office counter in Central (at the start of this post on floor 3) is still there??
& the approximate location?
I cannot remember seeing one there, although I did use the one that did exist before all the large renovations took place..

globalmedia
udonmap.com

Post by globalmedia » March 23, 2015, 2:18 am

BigRick808 wrote:Hello, Gentlemen:
Have any of you had experience with sending a package to the central post office to hold for you for a few days? I'm planning to be in UT soon but don't know for certain where I will be staying. I would like to save time by having the mail sent now. Thanks for any help that may arise.
anyone know if this is possible? want to ship some luggage up and collect when i get there at the main post office

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 23, 2015, 8:33 am

up from where?? from BKK?? You could ship it up via the train for a very small fee.. I've had friends ship via train (or bus) from Chiang Mai to BKK and arrange home delivery or fairly large items. There is a Post Office at Suvarnaphum which might be able to ship via the Post to Udon for a Main Post pickup... I've no idea what it might cost..
Dave

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » October 28, 2015, 7:04 am

If wanting passport sent back by ems within 24 hours rather than the 2/3 day period of standard ems or any other packet within thailand sent quicker,then maybe ems superspeed is more appropriate 8)
EMS-super-speed.jpg

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » February 11, 2016, 10:12 am

A while ago somebody reported their excellent experience when packing and posting a valued painting back home.

The Poster detailed the shop he found that packaged his painting perfectly and also the post office he used where he obtained great service.

I can't find the 4X forum posts using the search function and I'm beginning to think I imagined it.

Can anyone help?

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » February 11, 2016, 12:10 pm

hairyharry wrote:A while ago somebody reported their excellent experience when packing and posting a valued painting back home.

The Poster detailed the shop he found that packaged his painting perfectly and also the post office he used where he obtained great service.

I can't find the 4X forum posts using the search function and I'm beginning to think I imagined it.

Can anyone help?
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ng#p431682

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » February 11, 2016, 1:12 pm

=D> =D> =D> Many many thanks, that's the one.

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

DHL email

Post by Udonhoward » May 24, 2016, 7:49 am

I just got an email, supposedly from DHL. It has an attachment, but I'm not sure it's legitimate, and I don't want to open it if it's not. I don't download anything if I don't know what it is.

The email is from [email protected]. Sounds like a cell phone provider in India or something.

The message reads:

"Track your package at DHL

Dear Consignee

Please receive your packages:
Your parcel arrived at the post office last week.
Our courier was unable to deliver the parcel to you due to incorrect delivery. To receive your parcel
Download the attached receipt and confirm delivery details."

I strongly suspect this is some kind of scam, I would appreciate any opinions from informed members...

Thanks

Udonhoward

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”