Yellow Book and now Thai ID Card ( Pink)

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow Book and now Thai ID Card ( Pink)

Post by DuiDui49 » February 24, 2017, 3:44 pm

Do a applye for the Pink ID card at the same place i got my Yellowbook or can i do it here in Udon?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 24, 2017, 3:46 pm

You can do it in the Tessabaan by Nong Prajak, ground floor, through the door by the 7/11 and walk to the back desk
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 24, 2017, 6:12 pm

Same place you did your yellow book, you must do it where you live.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 24, 2017, 6:31 pm

Thanks for the aswers,two of them that contradict eachother ;-)..But i go with my gutfeeling..from were i got my Yellowbook..Thanks anyway. :-)
fatbob wrote:Same place you did your yellow book, you must do it where you live.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » February 25, 2017, 7:38 am

vincemunday wrote:You can do it in the Tessabaan by Nong Prajak, ground floor, through the door by the 7/11 and walk to the back desk
If you live in Amphoe Mueng you go to Udon Municipality as described above. If you are from elsewhere in Udon you go to the Government office behind Tasa Rd.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 25, 2017, 8:08 am

DuiDui49 wrote:Thanks for the aswers,two of them that contradict eachother ;-)..But i go with my gutfeeling..from were i got my Yellowbook..Thanks anyway. :-)
fatbob wrote:Same place you did your yellow book, you must do it where you live.
Tried to get my pink card in Udon city, no go, told must do it at Phen where I live and the same address which is in the yellow book, that means I have to deal with the corrupt Ampher who will only issue the pink card for three thousand baht, looks like I don't get my pink card.
One thing I do know you cant just get it anywhere you choose...

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 25, 2017, 12:18 pm

Jepp,that's what thought too..Again,thank you for clarifying..Have a good day "fatbob" :-)
fatbob wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:Thanks for the aswers,two of them that contradict eachother ;-)..But i go with my gutfeeling..from were i got my Yellowbook..Thanks anyway. :-)
Tried to get my pink card in Udon city, no go, told must do it at Phen where I live and the same address which is in the yellow book, that means I have to deal with the corrupt Ampher who will only issue the pink card for three thousand baht, looks like I don't get my pink card.
One thing I do know you cant just get it anywhere you choose...

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 25, 2017, 2:56 pm

fatbob wrote: ..... must do it at Phen where I live and the same address which is in the yellow book, that means I have to deal with the corrupt Ampher who will only issue the pink card for three thousand baht...
No offence Bob, but I think they've seen you coming. 3,000 baht - what a joke, when I believe you should only pay 60 baht! I'm in Phen too, my wife made a tentative enquiry there months back and was told "200 baht, but why bother if he's got a yellow book already". I haven't followed up so far, but try the above on me and I'd ask to see the No. 1 boss and have a leaflet for the corruption telephone numbers to hand. They previously started to mess me about over the issue of the yellow book, not on money, but procedure. That got sorted as I wanted. I do appreciate that we go about things in different ways, but personally I couldn't tolerate a blatant rip off on something which, as I understand it, is your entitlement.
I haven't gone back on the whole thread here, but there was the suggestion also from the Amphur that reaching 70 years(I'm not too far away!) was significant too? Maybe that at that age, you don't pay for this or that anyway, but I don't know.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 25, 2017, 3:45 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
fatbob wrote: ..... must do it at Phen where I live and the same address which is in the yellow book, that means I have to deal with the corrupt Ampher who will only issue the pink card for three thousand baht...
No offence Bob, but I think they've seen you coming. 3,000 baht - what a joke, when I believe you should only pay 60 baht! I'm in Phen too, my wife made a tentative enquiry there months back and was told "200 baht, but why bother if he's got a yellow book already". I haven't followed up so far, but try the above on me and I'd ask to see the No. 1 boss and have a leaflet for the corruption telephone numbers to hand. They previously started to mess me about over the issue of the yellow book, not on money, but procedure. That got sorted as I wanted. I do appreciate that we go about things in different ways, but personally I couldn't tolerate a blatant rip off on something which, as I understand it, is your entitlement.
I haven't gone back on the whole thread here, but there was the suggestion also from the Amphur that reaching 70 years(I'm not too far away!) was significant too? Maybe that at that age, you don't pay for this or that anyway, but I don't know.
That is why I'm not bothering with the pink card, so I'm not sure who he saw coming in your eye's???

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 25, 2017, 7:32 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
fatbob wrote: ....
The significance of the age is simply if your less than 60 the card is only valid 6 years, over 60 it's for life .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 26, 2017, 7:01 am

"The significance of the age is simply if your less than 60 the card is only valid 6 years, over 60 it's for life ."
Thanks Trubrit, I did see the 60 years reference, but my wife talked about 70! Mind you, the times where there's absolutely no misunderstanding and the process is entirely clear, don't come around that often. :lol:

"That is why I'm not bothering with the pink card, so I'm not sure who he saw coming in your eye's???"
Maybe driving up in the Lamborghini didn't help? ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 26, 2017, 11:21 am

Brian Davis wrote:
Could be worse I guess. I read that they are asking 30,000 baht for foreigner ID cards in Samui.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 26, 2017, 3:43 pm

Going for yellow book next week. Wife tells me I need passport details and parents names translated into Thai before I go.
Can someone out there verify this and where to go for the translation if required.

Thanks.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 26, 2017, 4:16 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:Going for yellow book next week. Wife tells me I need passport details and parents names translated into Thai before I go.
Can someone out there verify this and where to go for the translation if required.

Thanks.

Yes correct.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 26, 2017, 5:05 pm

Where did you go to get this done and how much please. I assume it will also require an official stamp.

Thanks.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 26, 2017, 6:40 pm

Immigration did it for me, I took a letter from the Ampher explaining what was needed even though they new.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 26, 2017, 7:03 pm

Thanks for that.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”