England cricketers in India

General sports news and discussions.
panmotor
udonmap.com

Re: England cricketers in India

Post by panmotor » February 23, 2017, 6:29 pm

Yeah, watched it - sent the post about an hour too early unfortunately as your last wicket gives you a half decent score on that pitch. Mitchell Starc learnt to bat like that in Yorkshire by the way

Just wanted to gloat whilst I had the chance.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 23, 2017, 7:51 pm

panmotor wrote:Yeah, watched it - sent the post about an hour too early unfortunately as your last wicket gives you a half decent score on that pitch. Mitchell Starc learnt to bat like that in Yorkshire by the way

Just wanted to gloat whilst I had the chance.....
If he was anywhere near Bradford he probably knows most of the Indian teams families then :-"

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » February 24, 2017, 2:52 pm

marjamlew wrote:
panmotor wrote:
Barney wrote:"How low can we go" - lets hope we don't find out tomorrow ! [-o<

Try and do a Pakistan, maybe.
Surely England can bay a full day?

Unfortunately I must stand corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting days play in Pune today Barney bearing in mind your comments above. First day pitch for the Aussies too....!

Maybe England weren't as bad we thought but, to be fair, we need to see what India can do when they bat later!!

Not Nathan Lyon but I will certainly eat my words as the Indian batsmen who dominated England were made to look very ordinary. Great spell by O'Keefe and it appears that England ARE as bad as we thought!!!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Re: Aussie cricketers in India

Post by marjamlew » February 24, 2017, 5:53 pm

Day two even better than day 1. With not long to go we are 142 - 4 with an overall lead of 297 after having rolled the hosts for 105 including an ironic 7 - 11. :D
Watch Me!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 24, 2017, 6:09 pm

Good 2nd dig by Australia. Can't see any on TV but ball by ball updates give some info on n how difficult it must be. If we can sneak another hundred we could be home for a 1-0 lead. Long way to go though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 25, 2017, 5:23 pm

[quote="Barney"]Good 2nd dig by Australia. Can't see any on TV but ball by ball updates give some info on n how difficult it must be. If we can sneak another hundred we could be home for a 1-0 lead. Long way to go though.

Didn't take too long for the Indians to capitulate big time.
Aussies win by 333 runs.
The Indians produce a an absolute crappy pitch to help them keep their #1 ranking but it has back fired big time
I suppose with the commentary saying they can now try a reversal of the tactic and produce a pitch that people can bat on for at least 3 days.
Opening with spin bowlers is not good cricket.
Plus they have no idea about the wicket review system that they hated and would not implement for so long. Wssted each of their reviews.

Return to “World Sports”