Claudio Ranieri: Leicester City sack Premier League-winning manager

General sports news and discussions.
Sateeb
udonmap.com

Claudio Ranieri: Leicester City sack Premier League-winning manager

Post by Sateeb » February 24, 2017, 6:16 am

Big surprise that Leicester's Thai owners have sacked Ranieri. No sentiment in football these days. I hope they go down now. Ranieri took them to the dizzy heights of PL champions last year. Frankly even if they went down he deserved a season to get them back up again.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39070927

Galee
udonmap.com

Re: Claudio Ranieri: Leicester City sack Premier League-winning manager

Post by Galee » February 24, 2017, 7:31 am

No surprise really after he received a 'vote of confidence' a few weeks ago. :evil:

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 24, 2017, 9:30 am

Sateeb wrote:Big surprise that Leicester's Thai owners have sacked Ranieri. No sentiment in football these days. I hope they go down now. Ranieri took them to the dizzy heights of PL champions last year. Frankly even if they went down he deserved a season to get them back up again.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39070927
Have to agree , a disgusting lack of loyalty by the owners , I hope they go down now. I suppose then all those new Leicester " supporters" will move on to another team

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 24, 2017, 10:17 am

Its very sad.Last year he led Leicester to an incredible title triumph which will go down in folklore.
But I'm not surprised,really.This season they have been mostly shocking but you have to look at the players,many of whom who look like they couldn't care less recently.They should hang there heads in shame !
Ranieri looked powerless to stop the slide and there is no room for sentiment in the EPL where relegation will cost the club untold millions.
So,its a business decision.Hull are showing signs of revival and pose a big threat to Leicesters Premiership status now.
I'm just a little surprised by the timing coming after not a too bad result,losing 2-1 in Sevilla,to keep their Champions League hopes alive,albeit faintly......Roberto Mancini being touted as the new manager.
Very sad for Ranieri but Leicester fans should be disgusted with their players.I hope they make their feelings known against Liverpool on Monday.......even 747man and goodison should be hoping for a big Liverpool win !
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 24, 2017, 11:31 am

Very sad for Ranieri but Leicester fans should be disgusted with their players.I hope they make their feelings known against Liverpool on Monday.......even 747man and goodison should be hoping for a big Liverpool win !.....Sad Indeed I Must say that I Liked Ranieri seemed like a nice quiet type of guy ( But Maybe too quiet ) The Players are at fault but maybe Claudio wasn't Strong enough to " Kick Ar*e & they got away with lots that another stronger Manager would NOT have put up with ?? I Too hope they "Go Down " & All their " Supporters " will end up following Derby County AGAIN !! But Sorry Andy, I CANNOT go against my feelings & Hope for a LiverPOO Win against them....Just Sayin' " I'm a BITTER Blue " & Once a Blue ALWAYS A Blue.....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 24, 2017, 12:51 pm

Crazy game ......

if they had the same number of points as now from the same number of games ........last season. Ranieri would be considered to be doing a good job, as they were expected by many, if not most, to be destined for relegation with the squad they had. The fact is, that he worked miracles with a very poor squad
Lets face it the squad he had last season should never have been near mid table let alone at the summit.

Peters boy in goal living of dads name and playing in the lower leagues
Danny Simpson couldn't even get in the Newcastle team
Christian Fuchs long time out from playing in German League
Danny Drinkwater lower league journeyman
Robert Huth Has been who couldn't get a game for stoke
Wes Morgan Never has been
Marc Albrighton struggled to get a game the previous season after move from Villa
Jamie Vardy signed from Non League in a huge gamble
Riyad Mahrez came from French second division

And so on ........ the rest were not so High profile :-"

Why should that lot be expected to be higher than they are at the moment

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 25, 2017, 3:55 pm

It has been revealed that the 65 year old Ranieri will only get 1 years pay as severance.

Where is 3 million quid going to go in this day an age .......... not even enough to let him settle in Udon and run UTFC (his Day and his Night expenses would soon use that up)

Not sure who would even consider taking over from him at Leicester as whatever they did (short of a top 4 finish) in the next few seasons will see him labeled as "a failure"

Return to “World Sports”