Old books wanted

Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free in Udon Thani
Chuchi
udonmap.com

Old books wanted

Post by Chuchi » December 6, 2016, 2:09 pm

It's a long shot but does anyone know of someone or somewhere I could obtain a set of mannii(mannee ) manna books ,( a series of 12 thai primary school books published between 1978-1994). I can download off the internet but would like to own a physical set.

can123
udonmap.com

Re: Old books wanted

Post by can123 » December 6, 2016, 7:02 pm

I have downloaded these books from the Internet but have regrettably found that the resolution is so low as to make the words almost illegible both on a screen and when printed. I hope you are lucky to find a hard copy but I have searched in vain. It was very silly of the Thais to do away with these books which had been so helpful to past generations. Having said that, we in the UK did similar things and that is why our youngsters have such low literacy skills nowadays.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Re: Old books wanted

Post by Chuchi » December 6, 2016, 8:13 pm

can123 wrote:I have downloaded these books from the Internet but have regrettably found that the resolution is so low as to make the words almost illegible both on a screen and when printed. I hope you are lucky to find a hard copy but I have searched in vain. It was very silly of the Thais to do away with these books which had been so helpful to past generations. Having said that, we in the UK did similar things and that is why our youngsters have such low literacy skills nowadays.
I tend to agree ,why they were replaced is a mystery,I think they were more than just a read/write tool, they taught the kids to understand what it meant to be thai (culture/respect for elders) .Thanks for response

Return to “Miscellaneous goods for sale/wanted/free”