Weber Grill

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

Weber Grill

Post by parrot » August 26, 2016, 7:44 pm

Capture.JPG
I know nothing about the company.....just ran across the links while checking the local news.

http://www.bbqgrillsthai.com/

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Weber Grill

Post by macca46 » August 26, 2016, 8:10 pm

They are brilliant the old type kettle one you have displayed I never owned but have eaten from many times the new gas version which is an oblong cooker with a lid is one of the best I have ever owned cook anything in it they are available in Bangkok and are marketed as Weber Q there four different versions the 200 series with a raised lid is the way to go and there are so many accessories that go with them great BBQ that cooks to perfection, steak roast chicken pizza you name it cooks the lot but not cheap here.

They are an American Company been around for many years surprised that you have not heard of them.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 26, 2016, 8:45 pm

We're working on our second Weber 22". The first one lasted about 10 years.......with some repair welding on the base of the unit. The second one will last longer as it's more protected from the elements than the first we had.
The only thing better than a Weber is having a can of gas and a kitchen torch to light charcoal fires almost instantly. Beats the pants off of fluid starters.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 3, 2016, 4:35 pm

Bbqthai in bkk is the agent. Sukhumvitt 39

Was in there last week.

Massive displays

Has a significant website

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » October 3, 2016, 7:46 pm

macca46 wrote:They are brilliant the old type kettle one you have displayed I never owned but have eaten from many times the new gas version which is an oblong cooker with a lid is one of the best I have ever owned cook anything in it they are available in Bangkok and are marketed as Weber Q there four different versions the 200 series with a raised lid is the way to go and there are so many accessories that go with them great BBQ that cooks to perfection, steak roast chicken pizza you name it cooks the lot but not cheap here.

They are an American Company been around for many years surprised that you have not heard of them.

I have one of these. It's very good but I required a new burner and had to get a helpful Ausie guy to bring me one back from his visit home. Bangkok doesn't stock spares and Weber Australia wouldn't post out of Australia.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 3, 2016, 8:05 pm

Weber is stocked and supported at BBQthai.

Sukhumvitt soi 49 WJ

There last week.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » October 3, 2016, 8:14 pm

Well that's good news! I tried them a few month ago and was told they didn't stock new burners. I will try again as a spare is handy.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 3, 2016, 8:21 pm

Ask for the Owner. Khun Brad. Aussie

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » October 4, 2016, 7:36 am

The little I know about Weber grills leads me to believe that they give the best value for money. They are better designed and with reasonable care have long lives.

The very reputable U.S. food show business Cook's Illustrated recently did a equipment review of grills of above medium price and produced an interesting demonstration of design features and lessons learned. It was a testimony to Weber's superior grill products. Weber grills are pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Weber grill parts and supplies are plentiful on the internet though shipping cost may
be a prohibitive factor.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » October 6, 2016, 4:20 am

Just got an email from bbqthai stating they don't support spares for Weber.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”