Visa marrage crackdown targets police

General Udon Thani topics only!
colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » July 25, 2016, 11:20 am

BKK Post this AM.

Police officers are the latest target in the Immigration Bureau's crackdown on transnational criminals in Thailand. Months after the bureau's tougher measures against crooked foreigners, including those...

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ets-police.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » July 25, 2016, 11:23 am

Lately on the Map, I read where Expats are not being charged "Extra Fees". 30 day wait......?

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 25, 2016, 11:43 am

colt1911 wrote:Lately on the Map, I read where Expats are not being charged "Extra Fees". 30 day wait......?
If they do request an "extra fee", I'll have a copy of this article (thanks colt) on me to present to them. 8)
Foreign travellers are, in some cases, required to pay immigration fees, but "if officers demand 'extra fees', they will be subject to both disciplinary and criminal punishments",
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... ets-police
I suggest everyone do the same.
UFF DA!

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » July 25, 2016, 11:48 am

I specifically like where Supervisors maybe held responsible for subordinates acts.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 25, 2016, 3:22 pm

About bloody time in my book.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 25, 2016, 4:23 pm

I won't be holding my breath waiting for things to become squeaky clean.. Remember the 1111 complaints number?? Remember the brouhaha of the large number of women out of Khon Khean who found out their names had been used in fake marriages? Anybody go down for those?
Dave

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 25, 2016, 4:48 pm

That is why I stay away from Udon immigration. Even though its costly. I hate being put on the spot and being told I have to bribe an officer or take a hike!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 25, 2016, 7:49 pm

In all my years of dealing with Immigration, the only problem I ever had was a male officer commonly called Mr Happy, those were the days of Nong Khai Immigration office for Udoinites. Since then minor hiccups but not a problem ever, talk to them they will talk to you , my motto and it works.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 25, 2016, 11:27 pm

Second KP. Immigration have never really done me any favours, a few hoops put down for me to jump through, but after I complied haven't had to pay a bribe. Bribes are for those who cannot jump the hoops......

So it seems about 1 in 10 marriage visas MIGHT be dodgy ones .....

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » July 26, 2016, 10:31 am

newtovillagelife wrote:That is why I stay away from Udon immigration. Even though its costly. I hate being put on the spot and being told I have to bribe an officer or take a hike!!
Unfortunately, those on visa extensions, simply don't have a choice, as supposedly, must be done in your resident province. Could probably cry your way through in Krung Thep, but the queues and hassle of that, simply wouldn't be worth it.

Also, never a 'real' problem, though simply had to say 'NO' a few times and stand your ground. Always thinking in the back of your head, 'did I just screw myself'.... :lol:

Mr Happy, I loved him, pain in the arse at first, but by the numbers and you knew what to expect. Use to let people go in front of me, way back then, which they were happy about, so I would get him, as fast and efficient. Actually quite a nice guy, as I chit chatted with him often, having common interests and ailments..... :lol: Yea, I'm a kiss arse... :oops:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 26, 2016, 11:54 am

I think Mr Grumpy is still working at Nong Khai. A friend of mine saw him recently when he did his retirement extension. Mr Grumpy insisted that his wife was there, despite there being no official reason for her to be there. Resulted in a stand-off and no extension given.
Friend now looking to change address so that he reports to Udon Thani.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”