Moore violence by Thais vs Tourist..

Thailand news, views and comments
vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 29, 2016, 6:39 pm

Macca it is now on MSN main page the TAT have the audacity to bleat on about the safety of holiday makers as this was an isolated incident what a complete pack of lies. Attacks on tourists by thai yobs has increased sadly for the thai authorities this has got out and they can't sweep it under the carpet like most of the crimes committed against us that go on with disregard for our safety. And the total lack of protection or justice.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » April 29, 2016, 7:12 pm

Of course vlad just sweep it under the carpet my own personnel opinion is that the young drunk thugs see older farlangs as a prime target for a good kick and bash.

The authorities say an isolated indecent how many go unreported?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 29, 2016, 10:10 pm

Macca they will use any means possible to paint a good picture and not damage the tourism trade but this one is different they failed to have it banned before it hit the internet lets see what they peddle out as an excuse and what is going to happen in future Attacks on tourists, I read on Thai Visa the photo of the youths er 30 yr olds didn't look like the ones in the cctv and there's suggestions they were paraded for appeasement. ie paid to go in front of the cameras. Thus leading us to job well done by the plod at making quick arrests.

magpie73
udonmap.com

Post by magpie73 » April 30, 2016, 5:05 am

GT39 you must be thick as the you know what domestic violence is total different to street violence one is more than not done behind closed doors where as that old lady her husband and son got kicked to ---- for what bumping into someone on the street. could happen in any country you say or other posters have said yes I does happen but then it's more than likely it's between young lads not young lads and pensioners so all you apologists for Thailand should hang your heads in shame these people were tourists not expats fcuking boils my piss anyway rant over solution's copper's to do there job's wherever that may be instead of taking bribes telling lies and so on and that goes for every country

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » April 30, 2016, 5:43 am

GT you are a **** and a half

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 30, 2016, 6:42 am

One of the problems with GT is his anecdotal evidence / information which is then skewed with his own impressions and ythoughts which are often wrong, living in NZ also makes one wonder why the hell he bothers.
Therre have been times however when his input was valid, unfortunately his wise remarks are dimming into outrageous remarks akin to a child who has lost his toys.
One can try to ignore him but he is getting worse with his comments which are at variance to the norm .

tataw
udonmap.com

Post by tataw » April 30, 2016, 7:05 am

You're totally correct KP, but unfortunately his post made me so infuriated that I put my comment under the wrong thread.

Absolutely disrespectful

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 30, 2016, 7:41 am

As previously mentioned this thread has absolutely Lauren Bacall to do with domestic violence which, as stated generally takes place behind closed doors. This was an attack on an innocent family of tourists by the usual 'pack hunting Hyena' type retarded mutants in a very busy public area. Mindless violence, and as for the attack on the other video the assailants arrive as a group on motorbikes and viciously attack the girl on the ground. Either ofthese incidents could have led to the death of one or more of the victims.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 30, 2016, 9:12 am

Thai PM orders strong action against attackers of British tourists
THE NATION April 30, 2016 1:00 am

THE PRIME minister and his deputy have instructed the police chief to ensure that those accused of the savage attack on the family of British tourists in Hua Hin face strict legal action.
Deputy police spokesman Pol Colonel Krissana Pattanacharoen yesterday said police should investigate whether anyone other than the four suspects already in custody were involved.
PM Prayut Chan-o-cha and his deputy Prawit Wongsuwan ordered the police to strictly follow up on the case and ensure the attackers face tough legal action.
A group of suspects violently attacked a British family of three, which left them seriously wounded, in the early hours of April 13. Police have arrested four Thai men in connection with the attack.
Meanwhile, one of the suspects; Chaiya Jaiboon, apologised during a meeting with deputy police chief Pol General Wuthi Liptapanlop. He reportedly confessed to his role and said that he was under the influence of alcohol after drinking many bottles of beer.

Police yesterday cancelled a re-enactment after learning that some angry people were waiting for the suspects.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 30, 2016, 10:54 am

Wonderful soundbites, the reality will I am sure be completely different , that is if we ever hear the result at all !!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 30, 2016, 2:32 pm

The keystone cops cancelled a re-enactment yesterday as they heard people were angry with the Scum and waiting for them Do they seriously think were stupid to believe there pathetic excuses It was all caught on CCTV study the video its all there no need for a play for the press and TV. Where were the locals to help them when they were attacked ??? They stood by and watched, again noticeable on CCTV. Stop trying to con us and do what your paid to do arrest the thugs put them in detention till there court date charge them with GBH and sentence them correctly for the crime. And show the World and Thai yobs what will happen if they attack Tourists. Send out the correct message. As stated on Thai Visa the TAT should be bending over backwards to offer the family an all expense free holiday as an apology for there's being Ruined by thugs.

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » April 30, 2016, 2:38 pm

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha and his deputy Prawit Wongsuwan ordered the police to strictly follow up on the case and ensure the attackers face tough legal action.
So if NOT PM himself instruct his deputies AND if we,me included,sent this video to in my case Swedish NewPapers,the followup on this case would be less tough,is that how i should interpet what PM himself says??
If that's the case,how can "we"farangs,if something like this happen to me and OR any of my family members and no video/CCTV cameras at hand,read working,i would NOT be able to get a fair trail..Everything that PM do not "instruct"his deputies to follow up on would end up in the bin OR would not been take seriously..

I can tell you one thing,i do NOT trust any person in uniform here in Thailand.The first thing i had to do when i worked in uniform in the so called underground commando in Sweden was:

Have a flawless uniform,from the shoes(hine) and up.
Always respect the people you serve,which can be tricky at times to put it midly..
Know the law,and have the worketic to follow true no matter what.
Talk to the people you try to serve with a unbias mind,friend or foe,drunk or sober young and old.
And most important for me was to have a colleague that ALWAYS had my back secured.

Here,had a accident were a small pickup run me over while i was on my bicycle.Took the carkeys of the offender and told him to call the cops,not ONE of the 5 people had a mobile..go figure.When i went to talk whith my wife the guy hotwired his car and desipered,but caught on CCTV.
Filed a report at the station and showed the police a clip from the accident..i showed him the car/housekeychain i took from the driver,he had fake tax papers of the car(copies only)no incurance and no driverlicence which i found out from his "friend"later.
2 weeks gone and i see the man here on Nongsamrong,called my wife to call Khun "Nan"the officer that i filed my report with,guess what...i don't have time to come and pick this guy up..i send another officer....me and my wife knew that he wouldn't do anything.To this day nearly 1 year after..nada.And i only wanted 2-3000Bath for cycle repaire.

I have moore to write on this subject,police not doing there job but i leave it like this for now.

Mr.PM i do not envy your work(load)at all,and some things atleast seems to get better.But him to have to INSTRUCT his deputies to do good honest policework,just goes to show how this so called policeforce are just in it for the under-.the -tabel money.

What happened with the CEO from AEK Udon-Hospital and his involment in the killing of a Udon monk...swept under the carpet or..??

I've been living here for now 15 years and it has only got worse,sad but true,atleast in my eyes.I have a few Thaifriends and Farangfriends that i trust..but i would lye if i said i love Thailand,i love my Thaiwife and my two dogs,that's it.I know that in my own country things aren't any better,sorry to say..so i guess i just have to try harder to own my own tings..that's what my wife says..maybe she is right..Rant over..for this time atleast.

Have a good weekend all Forum members..

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 30, 2016, 2:39 pm

Still no mention of this in Oz, incredible ....

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » April 30, 2016, 2:42 pm

vlad wrote:The keystone cops cancelled a re-enactment yesterday as they heard people were angry with the Scum and waiting for them Do they seriously think were stupid to believe there pathetic excuses It was all caught on CCTV study the video its all there no need for a play for the press and TV. Where were the locals to help them when they were attacked ??? They stood by and watched, again noticeable on CCTV. Stop trying to con us and do what your paid to do arrest the thugs put them in detention till there court date charge them with GBH and sentence them correctly for the crime. And show the World and Thai yobs what will happen if they attack Tourists. Send out the correct message. As stated on Thai Visa the TAT should be bending over backwards to offer the family an all expense free holiday as an apology for there's being Ruined by thugs.
TAT should be bending over backwards to offer the family an all expense free holiday as an apology for there's being Ruined by thugs.
...Totally agree with you vlad..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 30, 2016, 4:02 pm

Aardvark wrote:Still no mention of this in Oz, incredible ....
From "The Australian" yesterday,Aard......

British family attacked in Hua Hin, Thailand

THE AUSTRALIAN APRIL 29, 2016 12:21PM

British family bashed in Thailand
UPDATED: A British couple and their son who were attacked during a family holiday in Thailand say they will never return to the country.
Shocking footage has emerged of what is reported to be a British family being attacked in Thailand, apparently because they were western tourists.
The couple and their adult son were leaving a bar in the Hua Hin province in the early hours of April 13 after celebrating Thai New Year, News.com.au reports, when they were attacked by a gang of young men.
“At one point the mother, believed to be in her 60s or 70s, tried to sit back up and was kicked in the jaw causing her to fall unconscious,” News.com.au reports.
British media is reporting that one eyewitness who intervened had claimed in an online forum that the gang deliberately targeted Western tourists.
Police have arrested three people in connection with the attack, local Police Chief Chayakorn Siradecho told DPA on Thursday.
Thai police are hunting the last suspect seen assaulting the family and leaving them apparently unconscious on the street.
“We are now looking for the last suspect and we have a warrant out for his arrest” on assault charges, he said.
The condition of the three victims is unknown.
CCTV footage of the incident has gone viral online.
Thailand’s reputation as a tourist haven has suffered a setback over the past several years, due to incidents including the high-profile murders of two British backpackers on the resort of Koh Tao in 2014 and a bombing at a popular Bangkok tourist site in August that killed 20 people.

Update:They detained the 20 year old fourth guy yesterday.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » April 30, 2016, 4:48 pm

vlad wrote:The keystone cops cancelled a re-enactment yesterday as they heard people were angry with the Scum and waiting for them Do they seriously think were stupid to believe there pathetic excuses It was all caught on CCTV study the video its all there no need for a play for the press and TV. Where were the locals to help them when they were attacked ??? They stood by and watched, again noticeable on CCTV. Stop trying to con us and do what your paid to do arrest the thugs put them in detention till there court date charge them with GBH and sentence them correctly for the crime. And show the World and Thai yobs what will happen if they attack Tourists. Send out the correct message. As stated on Thai Visa the TAT should be bending over backwards to offer the family an all expense free holiday as an apology for there's being Ruined by thugs.
No doubt that is what is needed I seriously doubt it will happen all the victims are leaving the country. No one available for court.

If you wait for a Thai to help in that situation you more them\n likely will have a very long wait
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » April 30, 2016, 5:18 pm

For people who do not think this is racially motivated, let's do a thought experiment. If a Thai family of three, same ages/genders as our tourist victims, were in a private argument with a drunk Thai man, do you think other Thai men, not remotely involved with this argument, would go to the extreme level and try to kill them all, including the old Thai mother? I think not. Time for "hate crime" laws in Thailand.

Could it be that, like in many countries around the world controlled by an elite, they need the violent part of the population to be able to vent their anger down some avenue that does not lead to them... that's us folks... especially how none of these events ever seems to damage the goose that lays the golden egg (tourism).

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 30, 2016, 5:43 pm

It should not be tolerated full stop
No-one deserves to be attacked like that ( tourist, expat or Thai )
Lock the trash up

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 30, 2016, 7:43 pm

Leaking Hua Hin attack footage "damaged the country" say authorities

HUA HIN:-- Authorities say they want to find those responsible for leaking CCTV footage of the attack on three British tourists in Hua Hin at Songkran.
A province spokesman said that the footage was evidential material and was their property and bringing it into the public domain was both damaging to the country and an infringement of rights.
Hua Hin has said that they were not responsible for leaking the material, reports Daily News.
Police spokesman Kasana Jaemsawang said that the CCTV footage was the property of the Hua Hin municipality and as such should not have been leaked.
The footage appeared online some two weeks after the attacks and quickly received attention from a worldwide audience online and through newspapers and media throughout the world thereafter.

And if the CCTV footage would not have been leaked,what would have happened ??

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » April 30, 2016, 8:17 pm

For me, Thailand lags behind the UK by about 60 years giving a decade or so either side.

For example, in the late 60's and early 70's, skinhead gangs turned Paki Bashing (Pakistani) into a cult activity unti the next football match. The UK police gave it the same low level of prioity as the Thais appear to be doing. It's taken a long time for British culture to change. I fear Farang Bashing will be a problem for many years to come.

Return to “Thailand News”